Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback Request: No more Elite Dungeons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

There will be 2 results :

1- actually the farming will become more fun

2- the loot drop average will drop = need to buy more plat = more people leave and
    eventually AL will be not the same at ALL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Add world bosses that spawn a few times a day and randomly drop high-end loot. Raids would be super cool, if they had unique content. Also, randomized normal dungeons would greatly increase replayability.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why cant we have a dungeon like kraag but every little cul de sac theres a boss and not just have one or two rules OF minnions to battle thru but throw in the jewson lots ghost pirates pirates wolfs spiders have a good tear up im getting sick of people not finishing the bosses up near stronghold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Some excellent points that I missed at first sight.

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    So if this is implemented on these maps it'll be harder to come by elite chests because the drop rates will be reduced. Drop rates already suck in elite now, so how much worse it will be is only a guess. How many runs will you have to make to get an elite golden chest. 50? 100?
    If not done right, this could be a blow to the players in between casual and hard-core. As mentioned in some of the posts earlier, the challenge is to judge how exactly rare the elite loot should be in normal maps. Both "more rare than ideal" and "less rare than ideal" have their own pitfalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Another point that I don't see being brought up is that of what will warriors built for tanking elite maps do? How will STS balance out warriors once elite maps are gone? There will be virtually no reason to gear up/spec pure defensive for normal maps. Even now, in elite maps, warriors are not necessary to clear the instance (many people run many elite Nordr maps with just mages/rogues). I don't have a lot of time to expand upon this but thought I'd throw the thought up here for others to elaborate and discuss.
    Without changes to gears or skills, warriors will be even more, to put it nicely, optional.

Additionally, I would probably take a happy break from the whole "cap in tombs, then gear up, then farm for loot" sequence . I may skip capping (36000 XP or so..?) altogether.
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    As was mentioned, there will still be elite bosses which spawn on occasion in the regular maps, and there will be the raid style dungeons like the Arena which will of course still require a good tank. Plus some of the regular bosses are still pretty hard and are much easier with a tank.
    Hmm, good points Ener but still not enough reason for me to build a defensive tank. I can tank normal Nordr bosses just fine by sacrificing my defense for extra damage. My argument isn't whether or not warriors should spec defensively or offensively, just what will STS do to make us more effective all around in the game when there's not a necessity for pure tanks anymore. People don't deserve to have to spec for the "occasional" elite boss on a map, waiting for however long that may be to see one. In the meantime, being utterly ineffective in PvP or soloing. I guess if there's an arena with elite bosses, that's a reason to keep a defensive warrior in the closet and bring him out from time to time - still seems like a waste to me :/

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Hmm, good points Ener but still not enough reason for me to build a defensive tank. I can tank normal Nordr bosses just fine by sacrificing my defense for extra damage. My argument isn't whether or not warriors should spec defensively or offensively, just what will STS do to make us more effective all around in the game when there's not a necessity for pure tanks anymore. People don't deserve to have to spec for the "occasional" elite boss on a map, waiting for however long that may be to see one. In the meantime, being utterly ineffective in PvP or soloing. I guess if there's an arena with elite bosses, that's a reason to keep a defensive warrior in the closet and bring him out from time to time - still seems like a waste to me :/
    So true. For a long while ive been thinking of how weak mates are, now I'm wondering abt warriors. They'll lose the only reason they exist for! Devs or anyone who knows, what's going to happen here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Lets not get it twisted, there will always be use for a good Tank. Of course you can "tone down" the pure Tank specs for more DmG, but they will always be use for em in combat.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #68
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

There are a lot of concerns that are valid being mentioned here. We, and I, don't have answers for all of them, but just shooting from the hip here are some potential answers.

PLEASE NOTE AND READ THIS PART - the responses here are mostly conjectural and/or examples of ways we could potentially deal with some of the concerns being raised. In no way is any of this a promise of content or particular implementations! All of these are my opinions and thoughts, and I am sharing some insight into ways we could potentially address concerns is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    So true. For a long while ive been thinking of how weak mates are, now I'm wondering abt warriors. They'll lose the only reason they exist for! Devs or anyone who knows, what's going to happen here?
    If we go straight to just normal content, we could tweak things like damage output from enemies in normal and leave their health as is. The idea of more mobs swarming in numbers and doing more damage is a potential solution, as this would require a tank to really take that damage. Making more enemies "glass cannons" would result in some potentially threatening scenarios for solo players and overzealous groups. A good tank will always be a good tank, and will always be appreciated regardless of the zone. We want to continue to provide a reason for tanks to be relevant and fun to play.

Additionally there are also the random elite bosses we were mentioning. These would definitely require a good tank, and guild members should be able to invite friends and other players to join their map to take them out, with the benefit of knowing there will be good loot. Not having a tank for this situation could prove difficult!

As you are all quite aware, there are many implications involved with a change like this. We keep an eye out and try to account for as many of the shortcomings as we can to ensure a balanced and fun experience for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Falmear View Post
    So if this is implemented on these maps it'll be harder to come by elite chests because the drop rates will be reduced. Drop rates already suck in elite now, so how much worse it will be is only a guess. How many runs will you have to make to get an elite golden chest. 50? 100?
    A valid point. Drop rates would need to be reduced, but it is worth reminding everyone that these would be for high end dungeon runs only. Level 15's won't see elite chests most likely, as they only contain high level gear. With the reduction of drops, we can balance that out with things like the random elite bosses that have a chance at nice loot. Perhaps they drop two pieces of loot? One will always be a copper, silver, or gold elite chest and the other will be a pink? Depends on how rare the boss is, and this is just an example of the kinds of things we can tweak to make certain things more enticing or relevant for players looking for that risk reward.

We're very aware of this sort of problem, and we will likely devise something to keep it feeling "natural" and not punishing to the players. Overall this is a big change, and some related systems would also have to change to keep the loot machine moving along smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan34 View Post
    Why cant we have a dungeon like kraag but every little cul de sac theres a boss and not just have one or two rules OF minnions to battle thru but throw in the jewson lots ghost pirates pirates wolfs spiders have a good tear up im getting sick of people not finishing the bosses up near stronghold
    We actually had something like this with the Elite Gauntlet in Nordr a month or two back. The progressive variation of that is the gladiator arena, the only difference is it doesn't define the bosses as being "Kraken Bosses" or "Nordr Bosses" specifically and introduces new combinations of challenges.

What you're describing would actually better fit as one of the "raid dungeons" we are describing as another form of content we would like to produce in the future. Would be very cool to allow these to have up to 8 players or something like that.

Ultimately we can't go ahead with anything to release until we discuss issues just like these. We really appreciate your feedback, concerns, and related thoughts to this change! Keep them coming!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

All good ideas Carapace. I like where you are going with this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

2 pieces of loot dropping? Raid dungeons? Now we're talking Thanks for the ideas, Carapace!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. Oh, and no.

I basically only play for elite farming and timed records. If this happens, I quit. Bad move. I hate this idea. No no nooooooo please don't do it.

Does away with difficulty. Also, no more plat revives for you. No more plat spent on timed run challenges. No more finding good groups to fight long elites. No more deaths (plat) spent in the initial strategizing portion before running for recs. No more working for anything. No point in half the skills for every class. Pleaaaasssssee don't implement this.

All these positive responses make me think its happening. Brb selling my stuff to quit until you guys realize it's stupid. And i won't need good equipment anyway with weak normal mobs. This sucks, now all the noobs can go get the best gear. This takes away the fun of players who like a challenge, and makes it easy as cake for noobs who can't perform in elites. People complain so hard because they don't get an arcane hammer on every chest they open now it has got to be ruined for everyone else. Everyone who is good at running elites now will hate this idea. Great.

Edit: This is more of a desperate plea than a rant. Don't do it.
    Last edited by Azepeiete; 06-29-2013 at 01:01 AM.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

As for these dungeons, it'd be cool to fight more than 1 boss at once for a chance of better loot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede:1152406
    A crazy idea but I've been thinking about it for a while now. I'd like to either remove the current Elite Dungeons, or at the very least stop making new ones for the future expansions. There would still be Elite dungeons but more in the style of the Gladiator Arena and 'raid' style dungeons, rather than copies of the 'Normal' dungeons.

But what about the loot?!

The Elite Warchests, bronze, silver and gold, would all be moved to the 'Normal' dungeons. They would have a lower chance to drop in the 'Normal' dungeons than they currently do in the Elite dungeons, since those can be cleared much faster.

In addition, the Gladiator Arena and any future content like that, would remain at Elite difficulty and keep its much higher drop rate of Elite loot.

But why?!

• Designers could stop focusing on maintaining the Elite dungeons, which is quite a time sink, leaving us more time for other content. I've always wanted to do more rare encounters in our dungeons so the 10'th time you play through Oltgar Keep, it all of a sudden has an extra boss with rare loot. Maybe even put rare Elite bosses in 'Normal' dungeons, letting you tell your friends/guild to come help you, if you find one.
    • You could now solo and still have a chance at the very best loot in the game
    • Players would be more consolidated, so you'd have more full groups playing together, making new friends. In 'Normal' dungeons, they're not locked once you start killing mobs, so new players can come in and fill spots.

Thoughts and feedback/suggestions welcome!
    Infinite Tower!Raid!+1!
    Guild Master Of Arcane Sorcerers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

For the random elite bosses, perhaps they could also drop mythics and arcanes. Same rate as chests currently have (as it would be like a chest, since getting the boss is random). To resolve the loot reroll elix problem, make it so pinks (for those mobs) that get rerolled do a new loot table that has elite pinks and double the normal mythic chance. That way it isn't guaranteed to reroll into a mythic/arcane.

Two drops I like, described implementation I do not. 1 drop being a chest (or egg?) is ok, but the other always being a pink I don't like. Perhaps have it be elite rare (which can be made useful...), normal pink, elite pink, mythic, arcane, chest, egg. Make elite pink be a good percentage, perhaps 30%, but not guaranteed otherwise you have the problem of too many pinks.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

What will happen to the timed records on lb? The cs will have to be remade from the ground up to compensate in the variations of pricings due to drop rate changes, etc. The economy would be largely impacted.

Removing elite maps seems, in essence, total remaking of AL: with the cs in turmoil, drop rates being muddled, less challenge for the hardcore and I'm sure many more problems, I can only foresee a troubled future for this.

I'm not against the idea, nor am I for it; However, an alternative like an elite version of the hauntlet with low chances of mythic drops...this would be good. Mythics dropping would unbalance the cs for a short while but not anything long-term as I see it.

I just don't know. I just can't see this idea working out. The casual player like myself would find stuff easier but the hardcore...
    Like I stated above, there must be an alternative, and not just the random elite boss popping in (which would make stuff like running nordr for exp harder); there should be something larger. The arena idea is cool, you guys should stick with it. A similar challenge with actual mobs would be good.

There could be an NPC with daily quests that are elite; that would also be nice.

Furthermore, I suggest there be varieties of elite rares and elite epics to drop from bosses more frequently (a shameful thing I must admit is I'm using a rare as an amulet!). Elite legendaries should ofc remain very rare; the cs would be unbalanced.

Something I've observed is that mythics are turning into the new elite pink. With them dropping, this classification might become even more true. I know I'm disproving one of my suggestions above but hey, I'm seeing things from all angles!

Arcane remains as rare as it originally was meant to be (probably) and that's a good sign.

Valsacar's post above is also intriguing, I like those ideas. Carapace, thank you for clarifying your plans for warriors, I'm pretty sure you guys are ready to work some magic.

So there, I'm done. Hope I made some heads (edit: EYES) turn and read thru carefully what I've typed.

Until later,
    Alhuntrazeck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Come to think of it, where is the upper gauntlet we still need a achevemnt for? Lol
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorname View Post
    This sucks, now all the noobs can go get the best gear. This takes away the fun of players who like a challenge, and makes it easy as cake for noobs who can't perform in elites.
    Azepeiete,

First off, this isn't a flame towards you. I know you're a veteran player, and good at the game. Your post, however, is quite insulting.

Mentalities such as this is exactly why STS is looking to tinker with elite maps. You have two classes in this game: upper and lower (middle class is virtually gone). You are exemplifying exactly what is wrong with the majority of the upper class - you give the impression that you only care about yourself, and the rest are "noobs" who you look upon with disdain. Please remember that out of the hundreds of thousands of players in AL, only a small percentage of them are "hardcore". As a game community, we need to do what's best for the people as a whole, not just the rich and famous. Kind of like real society, you see?

Please bring some valid points to the discussion as to why you dislike this idea, rather than just ranting "this sucks" and "I quit" with the implied message that everyone else who plays is a "noob" unless they are on your playing level. Not everyone cares about timed runs like you do. Not everyone wants to play "long elite runs" like you do. Lastly, the generalization "Everyone who is good at running elites now will hate this idea" is fallacious - I run elite maps every day and I don't hate this idea. However, I have brought forth my ideas and rebuttles to the discussion rather than slamming this with a rant.

No hard feelings. I just really wanted to address your post and I hope you come back with good ideas.
    Last edited by Taejo; 06-29-2013 at 11:18 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorname View Post
    No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. Oh, and no.

I basically only play for elite farming and timed records. If this happens, I quit. Bad move. I hate this idea. No no nooooooo please don't do it.

Does away with difficulty. Also, no more plat revives for you. No more plat spent on timed run challenges. No more finding good groups to fight long elites. No more deaths (plat) spent in the initial strategizing portion before running for recs. No more working for anything. No point in half the skills for every class. Pleaaaasssssee don't implement this.

All these positive responses make me think its happening. Brb selling my stuff to quit until you guys realize it's stupid. And i won't need good equipment anyway with weak normal mobs. This sucks, now all the noobs can go get the best gear. This takes away the fun of players who like a challenge, and makes it easy as cake for noobs who can't perform in elites. People complain so hard because they don't get an arcane hammer on every chest they open now it has got to be ruined for everyone else. Everyone who is good at running elites now will hate this idea. Great.

Edit: This is more of a desperate plea than a rant. Don't do it.
    You know, to be honest, I don't know what I was thinking when I said this would be a good idea. I don't really think that. Elites are the funnest part of this game. Now, I personally don't care about the timed runs, and I would be ok with doing away with that in order to allow people to join after the map is started.

But without elites, there is nothing really to play for. I do think though there is a sweet spot in the level of difficulty. Nordr kind of went overboard.

If it happens, I'll give it a go and see what it's like though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Rare; 06-29-2013 at 06:53 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Finally, this is the first real good idea that has come forth in awhile and I'm all for it. But please don't say you can solo normal maps like how u said it would be easier to find pugs for the arena. This was never the case and many average players had no platinum and would get one shot death even if they were tanks and this just wasn't fun. I hope that future updates this game goes back to pre kraken isles style where people could do a tower run while waiting in a line up at coffee. I've literally just dumped all my cash into low level PVP and spend all my time there currently because of the said difficulty and time it takes to finish a map on a mobile phone game. Had this been implemented earlier, my friends may have still continued to play.
    Last edited by Zanpakuto; 06-29-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto:1157520
    Finally, this is the first real good idea that has come forth in awhile and I'm all for it. But please don't say you can solo normal maps like how u said it would be easier to find pugs for the arena. This was never the case and many average players had no platinum and would get one shot death even if they were tanks and this just wasn't fun. I hope that future updates this game goes back to pre kraken isles style where people could do a tower run while waiting in a line up at coffee. I've literally just dumped all my cash into low level PVP and spend all my time there currently because of the said difficulty and time it takes to finish a map on a mobile phone game. Had this been implemented earlier, my friends may have still continued to play.
    +1 Bringing back the casual aspect of the game without dividing the players is a must. Elite maps take way too long and get boring because theres little reward once completed after about an hour wasted.

Maybe the solution they're talking about would be to make shorter maps with less mobs to get to the boss Essentially, making it like the Nordr Mines available to play to everyone without an elixir & would be regular maps, not elite. Players want a challenge but not one that takes over 20 minutes to accomplish. Especially when the rewards are little to none.
    Kaytar