Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Locked grand crates question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Locked grand crates question

Is it true that the new crates/newly loot crates only contains mythic items during this coming weekend? And the old crates does not contain mythic items? Please answer thanks

TIA!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Wha...?
    Who told you that?
    No. They contain mythics and arcanes, but the chance is increased during the weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually I'm confuse too STS you told us theat the mythic WEAPONS RETURNS? I was like ... WHAT?! That means the mythic weapons before are not really in the locked crates? I also heard that the platinum users or buyers have a better chance to get mythic and arcane weapons is this true? One more thing, what about the arcane weapons? Are you sure we will be able to get it or we have cpa chance to get it from the locked crates?

Please clarify moderators, I honestly confused are there really mythic weapons before inside the lock crates??

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

The weapons were available for a limited time, like 3 days. Now they're back for another short time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Most mythic and arcane items come ONLY from locked crates. They have always been there.

If you decided to open them using 15 plats, you will have a chance to get them. Not a big chance though and you may have to spend a lot of plats before you can get one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Traonacik View Post
    Most mythic and arcane items come ONLY from locked crates. They have always been there.

If you decided to open them using 15 plats, you will have a chance to get them. Not a big chance though and you may have to spend a lot of plats before you can get one.
    Quit lying to people.

Mythics, all types, come from crates as well as either elite gold pirate (helm) or elite gold war (all others). The exception are weapons, which are limited items and currently drop from NO WHERE. This weekend they will come back, in crates and elite gold war chests.

Arcane weapons drop from both crates and chests (same two, hooks in the pirate one).

Drop rate is basically the same in chests and crates, with one difference. Chests get 3 chances to get one, crates only have one chance. That is changing (permanently) this weekend when crates change to work like chests (no more guaranteed pinks, 3 shots at everything). The only advantage plat users get is the fact that other players sell crates cheaper than elite gold chests (because they are easier to farm).

There is NO SUCH THING as old crates and new crates. They don't pack each crate, by hand, when they drop. When you open a crate (or chest for that matter, or kill a boss, etc) the game does some random rolls and decides what you get. Let me say that again, WHEN YOU OPEN THE CRATE/CHEST. So if you have 20 crates right now, you will not get any mythic weapons out of those. If you open those SAME 20 crates after the update (before it goes away) you will have a chance to get mythic weapons out of them.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thank you clarifying this. I am sure OP would appreciate the added info.

However, you should read a post carefully before accusing someone of lying.

I never claimed that all mythics and arcanes come only from crates.
    Last edited by Traonacik; 06-27-2013 at 04:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

MOST do not ONLY come from them.

There are 3 mythic weapons, 2 arcane weapons, 3 body pieces, 3 amulets, 3 helms, one ring, and 2 arcane eggs. That's a total of 17 different items, 2 of which ONLY come from crates (the eggs). 2/17 is not MOST.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I understand your point. I did make a mistake using MOST.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Traonacik View Post
    I understand your point. I did make a mistake using MOST.
    Perhaps you meant most that are in game came out of crates, which is highly likely as there are rich people out there that drop tons of money on crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    Perhaps you meant most that are in game came out of crates, which is highly likely as there are rich people out there that drop tons of money on crates.
    You are too kind. I was actually misinformed. My gratitude for setting me straight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    MOST do not ONLY come from them.

There are 3 mythic weapons, 2 arcane weapons, 3 body pieces, 3 amulets, 3 helms, one ring, and 2 arcane eggs. That's a total of 17 different items, 2 of which ONLY come from crates (the eggs). 2/17 is not MOST.

LOL? Are you kidding me? LETS SAY, you got .10% of getting one mythic item from a locked chest, so your saying that we will get 1.50% getting one of the mythic items you told us before in total (since 0.10 % x 15 mythic items). If we will not including this mythic weapon you will lose at least 0.30 % ( 3 mythic weapons) which means you are losing a big chance(even it's small ) to get on mythic item. Basically, if new comers or newbie didn't know about this and hoping to get one mythic weapon, they will just continue opening locked crates for nothing..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm basically supporting what vals said on this quote

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aises Espinosa View Post
    I'm basically supporting what vals said on this quote
    Lol you are doing math in a mysterious way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aises Espinosa View Post
    LOL? Are you kidding me? LETS SAY, you got .10% of getting one mythic item from a locked chest, so your saying that we will get 1.50% getting one of the mythic items you told us before in total (since 0.10 % x 15 mythic items). If we will not including this mythic weapon you will lose at least 0.30 % ( 3 mythic weapons) which means you are losing a big chance(even it's small ) to get on mythic item. Basically, if new comers or newbie didn't know about this and hoping to get one mythic weapon, they will just continue opening locked crates for nothing..
    I don't think (but I don't know) that it works that way. If (using your random number) it's 0.1% to get a mythic item it probably means that it's 0.1% to get one, then it chooses which one of those you get (to make it REALLY simple).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

One question I have that maybe can be answered by a developer. Do Elite Golden Warchests have the same chance of getting a mythic or arcane item as a Locked Crate? I've never seen this issue asked or answered before.

I've always assumed the chance was higher in a locked crate because almost everyone I know who looted one got it from a locked crate, but then again many more locked crates are opened than elite golden warchests, so maybe that's the reason. I would really like to know.

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    One question I have that maybe can be answered by a developer. Do Elite Golden Warchests have the same chance of getting a mythic or arcane item as a Locked Crate? I've never seen this issue asked or answered before.

I've always assumed the chance was higher in a locked crate because almost everyone I know who looted one got it from a locked crate, but then again many more locked crates are opened than elite golden warchests, so maybe that's the reason. I would really like to know.
    Chance is slightly higher in the Locked Crates but not by that much.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Chance is slightly higher in the Locked Crates but not by that much.
    Thank you swede! I ask many people including developers, and finally someone answer thx lots. Im not spending on elite golden wars again.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles