Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Extend gifting to other things. Plat maybe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Extend gifting to other things. Plat maybe?

Hey there, I think it would be great if you added Platinum to be giftable. I just purchased 75plat instead of 30plat hoping that i could just buy two dungeons i wanted (costing 20p) and then send my friend 36plat to buy the two dugeon campaign packs. Turns otu I cant, and I have all this extra plat i dont need, and dont want to spend on insignificant things.

There are more scenarios this would come in handy. In my scenario; a friend doesn't like purchasing iTunes cards, or spending real money. I can gift a robe, and some dungeon packs because you know what? I want to play with them! If I were to buy them an iTunes card, I would be giving them more money than i have to since the minimum is $15 and I only want to give them $4 (enough for some dungeons) and maybe they won't even spend it on YOUR game.

Either way it is best for you, people will buy larger amounts of plat, and will be able to send it to friends who HAVE to spend it on your game. It's especially good for those who don't like buying iTunes cards or spending large amounts of money on apps, when their friends (me) do!

While we're suggesting things, you guys should make us able to extend the lines of chat to more than 4 in the options, or be able to two-finger tap the chat to open full-screen chat, then tap anywhere to close it. Also, you should add word-wrap while your at it.

Maybe that wasn't the best idea, but Word Wrap is, and I just want to be able to see more chat!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This sounds like a good idea. I know they don't allow trading of platinum items (because that would impact sales) but making platinum itself trade-able makes sense to me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol I don't think that will happen... I don't think any game ever made lets you give bought items freely to one another.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

either way the money is going to them. I don't see why not.

If they don't implement this:
    Person "x" will buy 30plat to get some dungeon packs. and their friend, person "y" who doesn't like spending money on apps in any way will not buy anything.

If they do implement this:
    Person "x" will buy the next choice, of 75plat to get some dungeon packs. He will send his friend 30plat to buy dungeon packs to play with him. Then he will have 45plat to spend on other things he wants, like respecs or an extra character slot, or send more money to friends.

If they don't implement it, they will make less money than if they do. Either way they already sell in-game gold anyway which is paying real money for gold, which is the same as if someone sells a plat item for gold.

I really don't see why not.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nofachx View Post
    Lol I don't think that will happen... I don't think any game ever made lets you give bought items freely to one another.
    That's my point, this really wouldn't impact sales because people couldn't trade items they've purchased. It would just allow people to give plat to their friends and more platinum would be spent overall as a result I'd guess.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

The reason we don't allow trading of for-purchase items is that as soon as you do that, the gold farmers move in. We don't want them in this game, i am certain you don't as well

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh, didn't think of that...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It doesn't make sense because you are not trading gold, you are trading platinum, you shouldn't allow gold, that's fine because gold can be farmed, and sold for cheaper than it costs in your store since it doesn't cost them any real money they could price it to one cent and make it a profit, it's virtual.

On the other hand the only way to obtain platinum is through giving YOU real money in your store, it cannot be farmed virtually at no expense like gold can.

So if stupid gold farmer "x" obtains platinum buy buying it in your store for 5 dollars, the only way of him making profit is by selling it for $5.01 or more. He will not sell since people can spend LESS real money by buying it direct from you, but even if that dumb person buys that 75plat from him for $6, you still make your $5 of that 75plat, he just makes $1 and that industry will quickly die out.

I hope you get me, it only makes sense for people to gift platinum. Either that, or I really don't get why this is bad for business, please help me understand why not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been thinking of it for a while. It really doesn't make sense to me how gold makers could make money, as long as gold is untradable it makes no sense. Because if the gold seller is not giving them anything virtually, that is practicly--

Okay, plat is cash...there can't be a cash-seller.

The opposite of that would be a cash buyer, but you cant buy cash, you can only buy items which people can trade to you maybe. That is already allowed though....

I've been brainstorming this for a long time, this doesn't create gold-sellers because it is not virtual money, or money that can be gained without physical expense besides time. It is money that represents physical curreny, it only makes sense to allow this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How abou the ability to vend items?
    Character : Aeda / Supladita / Supladito
    Class : Archer / Enchantress / Warrior
    Level : 30 / 30 / Currently level 10
    Looking for an active guild...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you mean vendor plat items? you might as well buy gold with that plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UnretroGamer View Post
    you mean vendor plat items? you might as well buy gold with that plat
    No. I mean ability to vend items for gold. This way, the one-way trade scam could be avoided. Instead of trading, you can just browse what items from other players are for sale
    Character : Aeda / Supladita / Supladito
    Class : Archer / Enchantress / Warrior
    Level : 30 / 30 / Currently level 10
    Looking for an active guild...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You have to respect the game for what it is. Some (if not most) games out there will allow you to buy a currency and trade it. This game is still unique. It also reminds me of buying in-game items. They're never as good as the top-of-the-line items you can get from bosses. Thats something I really like about this game. Despite all the thinking that you've put into this, no matter how it is, gold farmers always mess with the economy, the community, people's wallets, and nerves. I like your idea, but for the benefit of the majority of the public it wouldn't be a good decision. I'm sure that they've also debated this before even considering platinums.

Level 45 Archer - Pex
    Among the first archers on Pocket Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This was the problem with runescape along time ago, people would make websites and sell runescape gold for real money.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I absolutely agree with PvP. (I'm refering to the person, not the pvp system)
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    The reason we don't allow trading of for-purchase items is that as soon as you do that, the gold farmers move in. We don't want them in this game, i am certain you don't as well
    No, I don't want the gold farmers. Thanks for thinking of this!
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I see what you guys are all talking about but that has nothing to do with my suggestion. Gold farmers sell gold for real currency online, and advertise their website in the game which people hate.

I am talking about letting people buy play in-game from the shop (that's the only way to buy platinum) and then after spending that money, being able to gift it to a friend who doesn't feel like spending real money. I want to do this because I want my friend to play in the dungeons that I can. This doesn't in any way invite gold farmers. What does invite gold farmers, Spacetime Studios has already done, and that's the ability to gift/trade gold....so they will advertise in-game, you pay, and they gift it to your in-game character. As easy as that. Only reason there are no gold farmers (from what I see) is that they probably haven't noticed the game yet.

SO once again, gifting/trading platinum does not invite gold farmers in any way. Please think about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gold farmers won't sell plat and trade it because the only way to obtain it is buy buying it from the in-game shop. THey can't sell it for less than they payed, and if they charge higher people won't buy because there is cheaper.

Gold farmers as the name implies only applies to gold. They farm gold which costs them no real money and there profit comes from charging something for something that cost them nothing.

You cant make profit by trading/gifting gold. So let it be possible! I want to by my friends nice things!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Look at it this way.

'Gold farmer' buys 800 plat for £30.
    Starts selling it in-game, 10 plat for 100k gold.
    Starts selling his gold, 500k for £5.

He turns £30 into £80, and that's just with example values, it would obviously vary depending on supply and demand.

Through the store, 160k = 600p = £22.50 (if you buy 800p bundles). 480k would cost £67.50, a gold farmer could charge 1/4 of the price and turn each £30 he spent into £240

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamin View Post
    This was the problem with runescape along time ago, people would make websites and sell runescape gold for real money.
    I'm pretty sure you can find this in nearly every mmo. Wow, ff11, guild wars etc etc
    Birdfy- 45 archer
    Elfffy- 25 Mage