Thread: Should I invest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Default Should I invest?

I believe that's a fancy way of saying should I start playing this game, the famed "Arcane Legends" that has slowly stolen ALL OF MY FRIENDS from Pocket Legends and all of the developers in its merry grip.

By invest, I meant, should I waste another one of my nine lives in this game? (FYI I wasted two and a half on PL and one on DL)
    Perhaps a more sophisticated word is "spend".

Oh, about the spending part, I heard it is awfully hard to make gold/currency in this game without the use of Plat.
    I've heard just about every sob/rage story with those demon crates that don't give Mythics...IS IT TRUE?!

Finally, I heard that the whole Plat craze is very high in this game...I'd have to consult my wallet before considering this adventure!

Please leave comments, enticements, hate, and other camaraderie below.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Tbh I play for pvp, and its quite convenient for me but at endgame you wont get far without platinum.

Unless its for short gaming bursts or for pvp, I wouldnt recommend it to wallet-easy people.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I achieved level 31 and have decent gear, but have never spent a dollar on the game. Bottom line is, you do not need to spend money to enjoy AL. Give it a shot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

It's not as bad as people say, believe me. I would recommend you try it out...To answer your questions....
    It's 10X harder to earn money in AL then PL. Arcane items cost 40m+. Liquidation of items are below 20 gold, and if you want to keep using the same pet, you must feed it. Farming is much more difficult, ELITE maps are outrageously hard ( Devs said they will remove them. ) The party up system is much different then PL. It's going to take some time getting used to but it's worth a shot.
    BUYING A NEW SIGNATURE PIC - PM ME!
    READ ME TO RE-SPARK POCKET LEGENDS!
    Click Me! Or Click Me! Or Click Both!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I'd definitely give it a 'whirl'

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Agreed with JaytB, it's not as bad as you think .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

I've managed to reach endgame with spending plat only for vanities. I'm on the leaderboards (pvp and timed runs), have a decent gear from merching (Mythics and an arcane egg) and now recovering slowly from being bankrupt. To those who say that impossible to each far without using plats tell them my story. Goodluck.
    duck dynasty falls

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    I've managed to reach endgame with spending plat only for vanities. I'm on the leaderboards (pvp and timed runs), have a decent gear from merching (Mythics and an arcane egg) and now recovering slowly from being bankrupt. To those who say that impossible to each far without using plats tell them my story. Goodluck.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    Well you bes beggar Lol . No, actually you are wise and a smart player that has literally worked many many hours to get were you are and deserve everything you got. I think the hardest part is getting the gold if you don't know how to merch whirlz but I'm sure ya know how Other wise its a fun game, I'm some how managing while being poor in PvP so if that your thing you'll be fine also. Main warning, do not start on crates
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Join AL man! I'm a pretty decent player in pve and PvP...if u have any questions I'll try an answer them to the best of my ability
    Game isn't very plat driven, you can get literally EVERYTHING from in-game currency. Btw, about the economy, its harder to earn gold in AL than PL, so you'll find the costliest items in PL should be leagues costlier than AL's (to the best of my knowledge).
    You don't need plat for anything now, vanities can be bought with gold, as well as items and most pets. In fact pets are the only items u need to spend plat on; you wont find hazel and dart in the cs. And some of the plat kraken pets.
    Long story short.
    al is fun, not very plat driven unless you want it to be.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Jackson will get you the starter pack which has 10 auction slots, 25K and 25 inventory, and enough plat left over to revive yourself at will if you don't play stupid That is all it takes to play efficiently. Elixirs don't get you that much of an advantage and you earn free ones from allies every 8/24 hours. Use leveling gear, figure out the mechanics, buy what you can afford (paying attention to pricing) and sell it when your done. Better yet, get in a guild and leveling gear will will fall on you from every direction, and you need to do that anyway for the mana pots.

Now Franklin, he will spoil you if you let him. Best bet it to wait till cap to bring him in if you are going that way, but early on he can be good for PETS. Find out about the best pets for your class and pick em up from the plat store. This is the best way to get them, and best use of Plat. Pets never become obsolete because they level with you so it is not a temporary purchase.

Once you do hit the cap, that is when you can let Franklin spoil you if you like, but I must warn you he is going to want to bring friends, and this part is purely OPTIONAL. Crates. Opening them for Mythics/ Arcane is where the big gold is in AL, and it takes real money, and quite a bit to get into that. But again, that part is not for everyone, and the game is a TON of fun without it, and it is really a sub-game within the game.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

same here.. i play al bcs of the ppl and friends i have ingame, never spended any euro on plat, just free offers, reached at least lvl 31 and got a "normal" gear including beeing a bogue actually. its at all a nice game and if u want i can help a bit starting this incredible legend add me ingame when im online at evening around 9-12 p.m GMT

AL IGN:Hnakkur
    ~Even more prouder than eskimöse offi~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

If you join... add me in game. ign Rare/Common/Mythic

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Just like any other MMORPGs, if you want it quick (though not assured), you might want to grab a few dimes from your wallet. Unless you have ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD, you can grind, get capped, and get the decent end-game gears without spending plat coins.

My IGN: Marshi (Mage), Xhu (Warrior) | Click here to see my signature artworks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

You honestly should.

I earned my first 4m gold on here completely platinum free, which was enough to buy me one mythic item. You remember dragon sets in PL and at one point how they were impossible to afford? It's the same thing here, except you can have a chance at speeding up the process if you use platinum.

The reason why I spent platinum was because it was double % chance weekend to loot Mythics. Well, it paid off...175 crates got me 11 mythics. However, on normal days, the crates to mythics ratio is absolutely horrid so you cannot get even 1 mythic without spending considerable money. It all depends on where you want to put your effort: extra hours at your job or extra hours in the game.

Knowing you, you will pick extra hours in the game (which really doesn't translate to that much more once you get your toe into the big money market).

Right now, I am pretty broke, but I will be merching platinum free along with you. I'll try to help you when I can.

~Apollo
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

The only investment I would make is the extra inventory slots, otherwise you will go insane clearing your inventory. Plus then you can hold onto more Crates for event weekends to sell for Gold to use to buy Mythics. Sure you can speed up the game with real dough but what is the fun/challenge in that...

So have I purchased Plat? Yes once so I could expand my Inventory and used the leftover on a Vanity but you can get Vanities for gold now so you don't even have to do that. Your first target for a big gold purchase is the Leprechaun Pendant. This will pay for itself rather quickly with improved drops that you can sell for even more gold.

Thrindal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

add wvhills and wvhillz if u decide to play and i can give u some starter gold.

if u want mythic and arcane items it's easier to use plat but u don't have to spend plat at all if u are content with pink gear. U will need to fork up some plats for the normal extra inventory, auction slots, etc. but that's about it. I pvp a lot a and mythics help but they're not essential. If u don't pvp then there's really no reason to go after mythic/arcane gear besides to receive adulation from other players.

Well, now that I think about it u probably will need some plat to buy the best pets. One area AL could really improve in is making some more good pets farmable in game.

I think AL is a blast and think u should give it a try. U will need to spend some plats for the inventory/auction slots and pets but besides that u can get by just fine without it. The people u hear complaining about how much it costs are the ones who spend recklessly opening crates looking for mythic/arcane items. So if ur goal is to be the richest or obtain all rare items then it's going to cost u but u can be a great player and have good gear without spending much at all. I have a blast in game and have only opened 4 crates the whole time i've been playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Should I invest?

Definitely should try it out!
    When I went from PL I was hesitant, but so glad I started playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Should I invest?

Oh and dont worry about spending money on it.
    I havent payed a cent and would say it hasnt dragged me down a bit.