Thread: Game is unplayable after content updates.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Default Game is unplayable after content updates.

This has gotten totally out of hand. The lags spikes are back, and it is completely ruining the game. It is driving my blood pressure through the roof and subjecting my poor dog to some of the filthiest language she has ever heard. This always happens in the days following a content update. The Dev's always say 'the server has no problems handling the amount of players' but this must be only normal day to day demand, as SOMETHING clearly can not handle the natural influx of old and new people playing and updating when new content comes out.
    Don't know if it is their servers, or a flaw causing the game to get get overwhelmed, or perhaps my iPad and 24 mb/s FIOS connection are too outdated, but constant 25 second pings is no way to play the game. I would really like to know if this is a problem they are actively working on, or if the solution is to 'take a couple weeks off every time we update the content'.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

1) I am having th same problem, it gets annoying.

2) You have FIOS? Is it nice? I might get it, time warner sucks :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    1) I am having th same problem, it gets annoying.

2) You have FIOS? Is it nice? I might get it, time warner sucks :/
    I run straight 130 on time warner.. i live in TO , maybe u live farther south?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Just to add my experiences. I was having terrible ping spikes for a while, as I described here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...hat-s-the-deal
    I have no idea if it was a coincidence or not, but for some reason the problem disappeared almost entirely after the brief recent server outage. Yesterday, the ping spikes came back. They do not seem to me to be as severe as before, but it is otherwise very similar. I will be playing with good ping (maybe 60-200 max), then all of a sudden the ping starts climbing. The climb is shorter than it was for me before, but still a big problem when it occurs while fighting an AO3 boss.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Still lagging in mob scenes. I noticed the same thing as Royce--ping spikes seemed to get better, but they're back. And yes, that's with starting from a cold boot after overnight downtime, so it's not a resident memory/heat-related problem.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So many groups where everyone in the group lags so 5 peoples devices have problems at the same time.

It's so much fun to mashing buttons and running around in lag mode, waiting for the dice roll of did I die or not during that lag spike.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    So many groups where everyone in the group lags so 5 peoples devices have problems at the same time.

It's so much fun to mashing buttons and running around in lag mode, waiting for the dice roll of did I die or not during that lag spike.
    Almost as much fun as having that cut-scene of Mynas arrive and then pull back to normal view so you can get a good look at how you look dead. Whoo-hoo!
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Almost as much fun as having that cut-scene of Mynas arrive and then pull back to normal view so you can get a good look at how you look dead. Whoo-hoo!
    Sorry for double post but I just to LOL at this
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've never had a problem I have Comcast...
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am also having the same issue. I'm the only client on a clean AP, no packet loss to anywhere, but the in game pings go from 60ms and spike (timeout) for periods of up to 5 seconds. I have seen spikes of no traffic for almost 25 seconds but those are rare. There are no firewall issues on my side, tried with a DMZ connection also, same issue only to Pocket Legends. I am running FiOS with 20 Meg up and 20 Meg down. The spikes happened after this recent patch, any ideas on how to fix this? I went nuts for a few hours dissecting my network trying to figure out what is going on, and it appears to be on your end as I have no issues connecting to anything else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm fine -- even on 3G -- until there's a lot happening onscreen. A swarm of mobs (like the shadows on AO3.2) or a lot of people firing ther skills (especially Enchantress auras) will cause my client to crash and kick me out of the game.

I was in a great group yesterday that was devoted to clearing the AO3 maps (awesome!), and my client crashed in the middle of a big fight scene. When I reconnected to the game, the group was full, and I couldn't rejoin.

I'm using an iPhone 3G. I can tolerate slow performance. The crashing is starting to annoy me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Brand new fully-loaded Ipad, playing well all weekend and I've checked my home network which is without issue. Today game is completely unplayable with the ping meter showing around 84 in town areas but over 2500 (often going all the way over 4k) in dungeon. I was hoping for a way to mod down graphics or something to temper game to server response, but no luck. Considering the great gap between town and battle area, even when I'm alone in them, I have to suspect it's on spacetime's end ... Particularly when other players in same dungeon also complaining. In the meantime, can you suggest a method to boost response so I don't get so much lag? New machine, indeed less than a week old and all other apps working without issue, network is not the issue either...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I hope they fix this so I can go back to playing the game and not just hanging out in town trying to sell my wares.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I hope they fix this so I can go back to playing the game and not just hanging out in town trying to sell my wares.
    It has been pretty good as of late, I am just DREADING the 1.5 client. Get ready for some serious slow downs the couple days following.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Not as bad as when i die in PvP!

See, when i die, i tend to razor blade myself irl.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wait, your on an iphone 3g. Thats the problem, get a 3GS or 4 and the experience is PERFECT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

before i got 4.0 update for ipod, i got lag and dissconected all the time. but once i updated that it happened much less often and now with 4.1 for ipod it rarely happens at all. try keeping up with the newest updates for your device.