Thread: Bloodhammer Boss - Shell Shock attack or 1 hit attack- No red area indication

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Default Bloodhammer Boss - Shell Shock attack or 1 hit attack- No red area indication

Wonder if anyone noticed it...
    There is no red area indication for Bloodhammer's Shell shock or 1 hit cannon attack .. whatever u can call it..
    I noticed it in arena while doing Vortex crystal battle..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

It's always been like that.. even the Skull Cove version. We've asked for a cross-hair or something as a fix/improvement but that thread is always ignored . Not to mention the red zone of his frontal HP-absorbing attack is glitchy. Even after moving behind him or to his sides (clearly out of the red), it will still replenish his HP. I'm thinking the red zone of this attack is displaying improperly, as t it is actually functioning like Grimnr's/Uberman's mini-circle red zone, and not a frontal cone.
    Last edited by Taejo; 07-03-2013 at 01:18 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

It usually 1 shots players without any red warning. ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    Well at least us poor little blue men

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    It not even spare warriors with 4000+ hp :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Blast me away along with my shield in 1 go lol
    Need atleast some red notification for that...
    Plz Devs...
    Glob is even more wierd... runs towards a player and suddenly turns n slaps the other player 5 times in a row before he say "WTH"... n he no more... lol
    Last edited by Linkincena; 07-03-2013 at 04:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    Blast me away along with my shield in 1 go lol
    Need atleast some red notification for that...
    Plz Devs...
    Glob is even more wierd... runs towards a player and suddenly turns n slaps the other player 5 times in a row before he say "WTH"... n he no more... lol
    Even with shield, oh my. I said in some post if there was a cross like snipers in SL have, so u have some chance to avoid it, this is just luck. I was once shoot 3 times just at beginning, i didnt even had the chance to fire second arrow...

The Glob "rush attack" when he stuns u does that. i think its a bit wider as it should be, bc even me or someone else whos not clearly in reach still gets hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    It's always been like that.. even the Skull Cove version. We've asked for a cross-hair or something as a fix/improvement but that thread is always ignored . Not to mention the red zone of his frontal HP-absorbing attack is glitchy. Even after moving behind him or to his sides (clearly out of the red), it will still replenish his HP. I'm thinking the red zone of this attack is displaying improperly, as t it is actually functioning like Grimnr's/Uberman's mini-circle red zone, and not a frontal cone.
    Red zones r indeed weird. Bloodhamer, Glob, .. same, even when im behind him, so not in red zone, i still get hit. And i have green ping, so its really surprising, not to mention that that hit means one-hit-dead. Just today i was killed like that 3 times in a row, even being "miles" away from red.
    And it seems Blood heals from spiders too if they r in his red area.
    Im not sure if they will do something abt it, players were posting abt it, but still nothing...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Mardom... He shoots meteors outside gladiator arena gates lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena
    Yes, from my experience his cannon attack (Shell Shock) will 90% of the time 1-shot a mage or rogue (even in full mythic). As a warrior with roughly 4800 HP, I also fall victim to this fatal attack at times, although it's more rare. My friends and I are working on figuring out if anything provokes this attack towards a certain party member, but so far nothing but dead ends - it seems almost completely random, but it usually targets a DPS party member. If it is indeed completely random, that's fine, but the devs should at least consider implementing something as simple as a cross-hair debuff, similar to the ones snipers have in Star Legends. At least this would give the victim a second to react and throw up a shield or the tank of the group (if vigilant enough) can time his Horn of Renew when he sees someone with the cross-hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    And it seems Blood heals from spiders too if they r in his red area.
    Im not sure if they will do something abt it, players were posting abt it, but still nothing...
    Now that's interesting. I haven't noticed it before, but will definitely be weary of that as well from now on. I don't know exactly what his "biite" attack (the one that absorbs HP) is called, but yes, even with good ping this attack will still get you from the sides or behind him. That is why I really think the code behind the attack is wrong, and is mimicking a small circular attack (point-blank AOE) like Grimnr or Ubermans. Can any devs look into this? Lojack maybe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Yes, from my experience his cannon attack (Shell Shock) will 90% of the time 1-shot a mage or rogue (even in full mythic). As a warrior with roughly 4800 HP, I also fall victim to this fatal attack at times, although it's more rare. My friends and I are working on figuring out if anything provokes this attack towards a certain party member, but so far nothing but dead ends - it seems almost completely random, but it usually targets a DPS party member. If it is indeed completely random, that's fine, but the devs should at least consider implementing something as simple as a cross-hair debuff, similar to the ones snipers have in Star Legends. At least this would give the victim a second to react and throw up a shield or the tank of the group (if vigilant enough) can time his Horn of Renew when he sees someone with the cross-hairs.

Now that's interesting. I haven't noticed it before, but will definitely be weary of that as well from now on. I don't know exactly what his "biite" attack (the one that absorbs HP) is called, but yes, even with good ping this attack will still get you from the sides or behind him. That is why I really think the code behind the attack is wrong, and is mimicking a small circular attack (point-blank AOE) like Grimnr or Ubermans. Can any devs look into this? Lojack maybe?
    By Bite i mean when hes attacking with red zone. seem to me like hes biting lol.

u absolutly right abt sides or close behind him. same apply for Glob.

And that hellshock attack, nothing provokes its his normal attack he usualy shoot after he ended "red zone" attack or when u r close between his jumps attacks, or so. its completly random how hard he shoots u.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

That Shellshock turns randomly ... even if u behind and far from bloodhammer. .. BAM.. on your face lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Shellshock is his regular attack, and yeah it's strong. He won't use it if you don't kite him. Just stand next to him.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorname View Post
    Shellshock is his regular attack, and yeah it's strong. He won't use it if you don't kite him. Just stand next to him.
    Checked it.... he still fires close...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorname View Post
    This is true, but there's more than meets the eye to it. If you watch the battle closely, you will notice that two things determine whom he shoots at - 1) aggro and 2) distance. When my warrior throws out a slew of taunts and is up close, I almost always get shot at if the timing is perfect. I've also tested taunting him and running away, further distance than my DPSers, and the result is I often get shot at. However, the majority of the time a rogue or sorc is already above me on Bloodhammer's hate list, and whomever is furthest from Bloodhammer gets shot at. So that is your dilemma. There's multiple ways of dealing with this on a strategic level. But to keep things simple, just stack HP gear (Noble Garments of Will, Gleipnir, etc.) for your sorc and you will only be 1-shot if he crits you. It almost seems like he's been calmed down a little since last update - not sure but seems easier.

Linkincena (and anyone else for that matter), feel free to PM me if you'd like a hand with this. I'm not the best player around, but my friend and I have managed to duo this encounter using just a sorc and rogue

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

all 3 of u use george pet except.one warrior with mali.. nd eh use AT, stun+armour debuff+feeble.
    no dmg (when full party can stuns.him always)no crits nd quick.kills.
    just use george arcane ability when u see red area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

maybe the devs team should fixed this issue.. i always got one hit K.O from Blood Hammer too without any notice from the red cone..
    what a annoying skills from the boss -.-'