Thread: Monsters lvl vs Players lvl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Monsters lvl vs Players lvl

Guys,

Can you please help me to figure out what is actual monsters lvl (life/armor/damage) when you have a team mixed of different lvl players, e.g. 10, 20 and 30?

Is it lvl 30th with 3x life? Which makes assistance of high level player not too helpful to low lvl players.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

I do believe the mobs lvl is as high as the highest lvl player in the group

However, most maps have lvl caps, for example the ydra forest mobs are capped at lvl16 so even if you had a lvl30 player with you the mobs are still just lvl16

In normal kraken maps i believe the lvl cap for mobs is 25, but same story as before i hope this helped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx:1163930

However, most maps have lvl caps, for example the ydra forest mobs are capped at lvl16 so even if you had a lvl30 player with you the mobs are still just lvl16

In normal kraken maps i believe the lvl cap for mobs is 25, but same story as before i hope this helped.
    No the highest level one char has = the mob has the lvl so,don't get a higher level with you to go somewhere
    Guild Master Of Arcane Sorcerers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post

Yes I believe enemies scale to the level of the highest level character in the group within the constraints of the possible levels of enemies for the particular map that you are running. If you have ever noticed, the enemies have a little dot next to their health bar that indicates their threat level. You will notice that the color of that dot for the enemies will change depending on the level of the players in your group, and will even change mid run if a higer level player joins your group. I found this particularly noticeable in Jurn Woods when I was grinding one of my alts to lvl31 in PUGs. Most of the time I would be in groups of lvl 30s, but whenever a level 31 would join the group the color of the dot/threat level of the enemies would change. This is particularly helpful for leveling fast. You always want to be in parties and in maps that maximize the theat level of the enemies as you will get the most xp per kill (red dot), just as long as your are not slowing the party to the point that it is counter-productive.

And another point. Enemies do get harder as more people join the map, regardless of their level. Again this is most noticable if you have ever done a lot of solo runs on a map and then decide to help a lower level player by power leveling him/her on that map. The enemies get noticably harder even though a lower level player joins. They do not get twice as hard, but just noticably harder. Way back in season one there even used to be an alert that popped up onto the screen notifying you that a player has joined your map and that the enemies have gotten harder.
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 07-05-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Isn't it like this?
    Regular maps like Ydra Forest and Brackenridge are capped where they are (so Brackenridge forest is meant for lvl 3-4, Ydra outskirts is meant for 11-12 etc.) and tombs and the mines scale to the highest lvl person in the group. So if you go to wt1 and do it with a lvl 10, 15, and 31, then the mobs in the tomb will be lvl 31.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Enemies scale depending on the highest level party member both in tombs and in regular maps. The only difference is that mobs in the tombs can scale from beginning to end game difficulty, but mobs in a regular map only scale within a more narrow level range. Why is this important to you? If you are leveling you always want your enemies to have the highest threat level (red) just as long as they are not too hard and you do not die too easily and/or slow down the party too much. A higher threat level will get you more xp. Testing during this double xp weekend a run at jurn woods would give me about 200xp with a blue threat level, but about 300xp with an orange threat level. This is why power leveling with the help of a high level friend helps so much. The only caveat is that it does not work so well in the tombs as if you are lvl15 and your friends are lvl31, the enemies will be scaled to your lvl31 friends and you will die very easily. It is much better to run the regular maps where you can still get a red threat level but the enemies are scaled only a couple levels ahead of you, as, for example, enemies at windmore harbor cannot scale all the way to lvl31 when you are running with a lvl31 friend.

Here are a few screenies showing how enemies are scaled to the highest level party member at jurn woods, with the threat level changing appropriately:

Here I am the highest level party member at lvl24 with a yellow threat level...
    Name:  IMG_20130714_223139.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  246.6 KB

Here the highest level party member is lvl27 with an orange threat level...
    Name:  IMG_20130714_223205.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  259.8 KB

Here the highest level party member is lvl31 with a red threat level...
    Name:  IMG_20130714_223237.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  238.9 KB

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Thanks Grimmy, I don't take particular notice to the dots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Is blue the lowest threat level?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leeelooo View Post
    Is blue the lowest threat level?
    I believe blue is the lowest you get xp and kills for. Grey is even lower and you get no xp or kills from those enemies. Occasionally, when you level in a map you will see purple, and I am not sure what that means....

Name:  IMG_20130718_070114.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  229.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20130718_070142.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  191.0 KB

11. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Actually, the dot tells you that -

gray - enemy 4+ levels lower (no exp)
    green - enemy 3 levels lower
    darker green - enemy 2 levels lower
    light blue - enemy 1 level lower
    blue - enemy same level
    darker blue - enemy 1 level higher
    yellow - enemy 2 levels higher
    orange - enemy 3 levels higher
    red - enermy 4+ levels higher

The difficulty is also based on number of players (at enermy level) in the map. I have found that playing alone (solo) takes 70% of the time to run. That compares to a run with full team with others not doing much.
    Last edited by Nitamana; 07-22-2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: refinement after tested

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nitamana For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

YES! Thanks for posting this thread. I have been trying to figure this out.