Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Open Discussion-Rushing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I'm sorry I worded it wrong....I like clearing it is fun but it does get boring after you do it all the time it does get a little boring...Rushing can get boring too...but I don't want the devs to nerf rushing completely cuz it is fun...but so is clearing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

All the creativity the devs put into this game is being abused. Purples, for instance, with their cool names and sets and all the imagined characters behind them, are totally meaningless because of the rush. People don't want purples. In dark forest, it is exciting to get a green. But due to the rush, in AO3, most of the pinks are considered crap, not to mention the purples.

Do you cheat at solitaire? Nobody is looking. Why not? Because it ruins the game. You don't actually win, because you know you cheated.

Repetition is part of every game. Why play poker if you don't want repetition? Why bowl? Why play baseball? Why tennis? It's just repetition. You can't name me a game or a sport that is not repetitive. If the repetition is not fun, find a game whose repetition you do like?

The rush will be nerfed. The reason is simple. These guys worked hard and put a lot of creativity into this game. The did not take their draws for months. They worked on their dream and they listened to our feedback, and they clearly really care. Now they see how the rush has made much of their work irrelevant. And now they know how to fix it. So, because they were motivated by more than money, because they are craftsmen and artists, they will do what it takes to make their creative work meaningful again.

Therefore, those of you who think the rush does NOT make their creative efforts meaningless had better start making your case. So far the only argument has been in favor of greed, acquisitiveness, and ego. Those arguments are not going to change their minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

When you put it that way it sounds like they actually should nerf the rush....But...the "rush" is now part of the game...the devs waited to late

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #104
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    When you put it that way it sounds like they actually should nerf the rush....But...the "rush" is now part of the game...the devs waited to late
    It's never too late

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Well, they created special places just to make it more fun for people who only want to kill the boss, like the respawning dungeon with Zyla Doom. Yesterday someone was asking where to farm level 19 pinks. It is Zyla doom's dungeon, of course. That was one way they tried to compensate. I am sure there will be hidden grates and such once the other towns are made. This is to replace the rush. I find the respawning maps to be quite fun, and you can clear or rush, if you dare. Some for Vyxnaar's place. Level 25s can go there and just fight skeletons. Or level 50s can ignore the skeletons and wait for vyxnaar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Better to solve the issue now before the huge influx of players comes with the Android and PC releases, then never. The core of the game still exists underneath, waiting to be enjoyed, and people who have become rush addicted will adjust or leave to be replaced by the hordes of new players sure to come to a real MMO, not a gimicky 1-trick pony that the rushing version of PL has unfortunately deteriorated into at this point.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

True....thanks guys...after this long debate I am finally convinced that rushing should be nerfed...but...there should also be ways to compensate with the nerf...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

As my wife is fond of saying, regulation breeds innovation. I am sure that the path of least resistance will carve a new flow. It always does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I really don't understand what is the problem between rushers and you roy, i got some ideas but i'm sure it will make you more more nervous.
    Guys if you don't want to rush, just don't, what's the problem with that?
    Rushers give a lots of benefit to you, don't forget that
    And you really don't imagine what kind of problem will happen if they block the rush, you are really far away from the reality.
    As i said, and as people do, make friends, host a game and invite them, not our fault if you don't have some.
    Want to stay alone? just stay alone and leave us in peace.

Hakuna Matata ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BurnYugo View Post
    I really don't understand what is the problem between rushers and you roy, i got some ideas but i'm sure it will make you more more nervous.
    Guys if you don't want to rush, just don't, what's the problem with that?
    Rushers give a lots of benefit to you, don't forget that
    And you really don't imagine what kind of problem will happen if they block the rush, you are really far away from the reality.
    As i said, and as people do, make friends, host a game and invite them, not our fault if you don't have some.
    Want to stay alone? just stay alone and leave us in peace.

Hakuna Matata ^^
    You NEED to actually READ other peoples posts. I can't see how you can continually repeat that there is nothing wrong with it with all the feedback others are giving. Read early posts by myself and Royce. All the key points as to why Rushing is bad have been covered in detail.
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gavry View Post
    You NEED to actually READ other peoples posts. I can't see how you can continually repeat that there is nothing wrong with it with all the feedback others are giving. Read early posts by myself and Royce. All the key points as to why Rushing is bad have been covered in detail.
    Please add BurnYugo to your ignore list. Or least don't quote him in the response, as it seems so much nicer with his pointless drivel just not there.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

You are saying that Royce doesn't have friends? Not only is this the opposite of truth, it is totally off topic as well as insulting.

But, the past is dead... *bonk* ... Ouch! ... Why are you rubbing your head, it is in the past ... It hurts! ... Oh, you see? The past may be dead, but it still hurts. hakuna matata, baby.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 10-21-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

make the game levels so difficult that one person cannot solo the victory lap in ao3...make bosses require a fully equipped team of specific classes in specific quantitys. i havnt played many mmo's..but in ffxi, most of the elite items dropped from monsters that took over 18 characters and up to 4-5 hours to kill. there was no possible way one guy was gona walk up and solo everything, like in pl. raise the level caps, increase the amount of players per team, and make monsters near impossible to defeat. throw in an auction house too plzzzzzzzzzz

edit. i was too lazy to read everyone elses posts so if i repeated someones stuff, i apologize
    smackk - lvl 50 cyberbird
    knockk - lvl 50 retired bear
    hierarcher lv35 bird & abrahamtwinkn lv35 swamp INT/DEXbear
    64gig ipad3g/wifi&iphone4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Well, they created special places just to make it more fun for people who only want to kill the boss, like the respawning dungeon with Zyla Doom. Yesterday someone was asking where to farm level 19 pinks. It is Zyla doom's dungeon, of course.
    Huh? Zyla Doom gives pinks? My mage has been grinding through Ms. Doom's little hideaway for days now (working on the 1024 Tomes quest), and I've never seen a pink there. Maybe my luck is just terrible....

Anyway, back to the OP:
    Boo, rushing! Yay, clearing! I just purchased AO3, and I'll need help clearing & unlocking the maps, so I might be a little biased here. Still, I think the Haunted Manor is a lot more fun post-rush-nerf, and I'm hoping that the Devs will bring the same kind of fun to the rest of the game.
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by knockk View Post
    make the game levels so difficult that one person cannot solo the victory lap in ao3...make bosses require a fully equipped team of specific classes in specific quantitys. i havnt played many mmo's..but in ffxi, most of the elite items dropped from monsters that took over 18 characters and up to 4-5 hours to kill. there was no possible way one guy was gona walk up and solo everything, like in pl. raise the level caps, increase the amount of players per team, and make monsters near impossible to defeat. throw in an auction house too plzzzzzzzzzz

edit. i was too lazy to read everyone elses posts so if i repeated someones stuff, i apologize
    Good answer, +1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You are saying that Royce doesn't have friends? Not only is this the opposite of truth, it is totally off topic as well as insulting.
    I've never target especially Roy, but i made a generality.

But, the past is dead... *bonk* ... Ouch! ... Why are you rubbing your head, it is in the past ... It hurts! ... Oh, you see? The past may be dead, but it still hurts. hakuna matata, baby.
    Lol, i understand nothing here.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyJim View Post
    Huh? Zyla Doom gives pinks? My mage has been grinding through Ms. Doom's little hideaway for days now (working on the 1024 Tomes quest), and I've never seen a pink there. Maybe my luck is just terrible....

Anyway, back to the OP:
    Boo, rushing! Yay, clearing! I just purchased AO3, and I'll need help clearing & unlocking the maps, so I might be a little biased here. Still, I think the Haunted Manor is a lot more fun post-rush-nerf, and I'm hoping that the Devs will bring the same kind of fun to the rest of the game.
    Got some pinks from zyla. Usually requires a lot of killing her like any rares. Only problem with the Haunted Mansion is there was some guy that used to be on the forums that thought it was funny to sit at the entrance while everyone cleared it for him.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i sit at the entrance until ppl clear the map and than go to next lvl for the smack o lantern...its classic lol
    smackk - lvl 50 cyberbird
    knockk - lvl 50 retired bear
    hierarcher lv35 bird & abrahamtwinkn lv35 swamp INT/DEXbear
    64gig ipad3g/wifi&iphone4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i sit at the entrance until ppl clear the map and than go to next lvl for the smack o lantern...its classic lol
    Lol bad boy knock ^^
    I do better than you, i simply join smack o lantern map ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Um ... if you don't want to play the game, then why bother playing? Isn't it boring to sit at the entrance to the Haunted Manor and wait for other people to clear all of the mobs?

I don't understand some folks....
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....