Thread: rushing solution

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default rushing solution

Just had an idea for a rushing solution don't know if its been suggested or not...

before you start playing the game, you select rush, farm, exp farm, etc. if someone wants to rush, they join a game thats labeled rush. if someone wants to farm, they join a game labeled farm, and etc.

feedback?
    (been suggested i guess but still good idea so feedback anyway)
    (also credit to arterra and snakespeare and whoever else suggested this too)
    Last edited by smoae; 10-20-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Been suggested abunch lol...Personally idc...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I have suggested this! i also suggest (since by now its stapled into the devs minds) that we make a "OH i have also suggested this" suggestions thread... actually, hmm...
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    I have suggested this! i also suggest (since by now its stapled into the devs minds) that we make a "OH i have also suggested this" suggestions thread... actually, hmm...
    too lazy to go searchin through forums for threads so i just added your name lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The biggest problem is not the joining of a rush game, its the act itself. In essence Rushing is cheating, as the players have worked out a way to complete a map and defeat the boss, the main aim, without having to actually clear the rest of the enemies.

The biggest problem with Rushing is it reduces the longevity of the game. If all people did was rush and farm the main bosses in Victory Lap continually, everyone would have all the equipment they wanted within a few weeks. Then the inevitable occurs again:

1. I'm Bored!
    2. Give us a new map!
    3. This game sucks, there's nothing to do!

The result is there is pressure on the Devs to build new maps or start loosing players. That then delays the development of key features of the game as all time is spent on new maps.

If everyone had to actually 'Play' the game to get the equipment they wanted, each new map set would have a much longer lifespan, resulting in more time for the Devs to work on other aspects of the game. Who else wants, Auction House, Guilds, Pets, Skill/Attribute overhaul, etc?

While I'm on my rant I think XP pots should be removed from the game, or maybe have them only be effective if you are 10 levels below the current level cap. It just feels like the majority of players are of the, I want it ALL and I want it NOW, generation. What's wrong with actually working for something? It is ultimately much more rewarding when you active it.
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gavry View Post
    The biggest problem is not the joining of a rush game, its the act itself. In essence Rushing is cheating, as the players have worked out a way to complete a map and defeat the boss, the main aim, without having to actually clear the rest of the enemies.

The biggest problem with Rushing is it reduces the longevity of the game. If all people did was rush and farm the main bosses in Victory Lap continually, everyone would have all the equipment they wanted within a few weeks. Then the inevitable occurs again:

1. I'm Bored!
    2. Give us a new map!
    3. This game sucks, there's nothing to do!

The result is there is pressure on the Devs to build new maps or start loosing players. That then delays the development of key features of the game as all time is spent on new maps.

If everyone had to actually 'Play' the game to get the equipment they wanted, each new map set would have a much longer lifespan, resulting in more time for the Devs to work on other aspects of the game. Who else wants, Auction House, Guilds, Pets, Skill/Attribute overhaul, etc?

While I'm on my rant I think XP pots should be removed from the game, or maybe have them only be effective if you are 10 levels below the current level cap. It just feels like the majority of players are of the, I want it ALL and I want it NOW, generation. What's wrong with actually working for something? It is ultimately much more rewarding when you active it.
    yeah those are some good points. im personnally fine with just nerfing the rush, but i know there are people out there who like it so this is alternative suggestion.