Thread: Staying On The Right Track Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Default Staying On The Right Track Guide

Some of you may be wondering....what the heck is this "guide" and what's the point of it.
    To understand my intentions on creating this wonderful guide...you must first read THIS
    This is what specifically got me:
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    I agree, Except there is always opportunity for the next generation to be better, kinder, and more helpful.

It is a worthy goal.
    And the fact is, Griffinfan is completely right. There will always be the opportunity for the next generation to be better, kinder, and more helpful, possibly even becoming the best generation.

I made this thread/guide to show everyone how to help the community out, and help all of these amazing STS move forward to make them the #1 Mmorpg in the world. And I know, with time and devotion this is possible.

Here are some very basic and simple process that would help the community succeed in it's ultimate goal to get rid of the majority of "Trolling" and become one of the kindest mmorpg games to ever be created.

1) Say Hello: Simply saying hello and doing the "wave" emote to a stranger could cheer up their day, and make them feel better and be motivated to continue farming for that malison egg, or possibly merching their way up to those sweet mythic and arcane items, or even possibly grinding their way to the LeaderBoards.

2) Generous: Being generous would help some one out so much, and strengthen the community. Simply give ribbit, or maybe even some nice pinks to a newb not "noob" and watch as they cry with joy as they receive their new gift.

3) Tips: Help someone out. Maybe they don't know where to farm a certain item, or where to grind for the best xp. Give them some tips like "Grind Watcher's Tomb Level 4 to 23 then try Nodr", simple tips like these would help so much.

4) Builds: Help a fellow AL player out by giving them some tips and advice on what type of gear to use, and where to spend their skill points, some players have no clue what to do and this would greatly be appreciated by them and I'm sure of it.

5) Guilds: Invite them to your guild, or direct them to a good guild if they don't fit the requirements for yours.
    This would help out tons because I'm sure there are some players wandering around lonely without any good friends to help them out, and a guild would be a new family and home to them.

I highly recommend you implement these 5 tips I have given you to your daily lives, not only in gaming but also be kind and generous in real life as well. Thanks for reading, and try setting a goal for yourself to make someone's day once per every 2 days, or any goal you would like and hopefully we will be able to achieve the ULTIMATE goal of less trolling and a very kind, and generous community! And don't forget to point this thread out to all your friends and family and tell them about these 5 tips. -Skull.
    BUYING A NEW SIGNATURE PIC - PM ME!
    READ ME TO RE-SPARK POCKET LEGENDS!
    Click Me! Or Click Me! Or Click Both!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SkullCrusher For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

tried in al today nd yeah it makes me feel good. i helped a warrior by teaching him right build nd giving some tip about xp grinding in nodr nd merching.
    thanx for this guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX View Post
    tried in al today nd yeah it makes me feel good. i helped a warrior by teaching him right build nd giving some tip about xp grinding in nodr nd merching.
    thanx for this guide
    There's a button for that ya'know? xD You're welcome though and I'm glad you did that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Sometimes when people use gale INSIDE clock in elite, I try to correct them gently. But it always ends up with "your dps is lower than mine and u use mythic gun..u sucks". Then I will left lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    Sometimes when people use gale INSIDE clock in elite, I try to correct them gently. But it always ends up with "your dps is lower than mine and u use mythic gun..u sucks". Then I will left lol.
    LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Lmao

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Lol, "JellyMuch?" xD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Great tips! But i'm not sure if #1 works.. A lot of randoms say "hello" to me in AL and i don't really feel any better...

Maybe because it's followed by "Can you give me gold", "Buy my weapon", "Can I have some gear" ._.

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vholt View Post
    Great tips! But i'm not sure if #1 works.. A lot of randoms say "hello" to me in AL and i don't really feel any better...

Maybe because it's followed by "Can you give me gold", "Buy my weapon", "Can I have some gear" ._.
    LOL, yeah beggers are a bit annoying but what can you do? :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrusher View Post
    LOL, yeah beggers are a bit annoying but what can you do? :/
    Well, begging usually stems from not knowing that much about the game, so you could try and teach them about the game/teach them not to beg? Idk :\
    Edit: The only problem I have with helping people in AL is that I don't actually know anything about it xD

This is bramer - signing out
    Last edited by bramer; 07-07-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    Let's make kids

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bramer View Post
    Well, begging usually stems from not knowing that much about the game, so you could try and teach them about the game/teach them not to beg? Idk :\
    Edit: The only problem I have with helping people in AL is that I don't actually know anything about it xD

This is bramer - signing out
    Yeh, I know what you're saying. There are some people that don't know what to do, some that do it to troll, and some that are just bored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Helping new players:
    In general, I believe it is difficult for a gated community to sustain for long, and we should strive not to lead into that direction. Speaking for myself, I try to help new players w.r.t. build/gear/pet selection and PvE/PvP strategy. Whenever I get an egg from the allies, I go to Windmoore and give it to a new player with appropriate class. That's just my way of saying "Thank you".

Handling forum trolls:
    There are numerous useless, non-value-add, troll (sometimes even distasteful/disrespectful) posts by several members that I won't quote here. [I was tempted to expand more on this, but I restricted myself ] In most cases, I report their posts and add them to to my ignore list.

Thanks for this thread. These are good points to bear in mind and put into practice.
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wowsome View Post
    Helping new players:
    In general, I believe it is difficult for a gated community to sustain for long, and we should strive not to lead into that direction. Speaking for myself, I try to help new players w.r.t. build/gear/pet selection and PvE/PvP strategy. Whenever I get an egg from the allies, I go to Windmoore and give it to a new player with appropriate class. That's just my way of saying "Thank you".

Handling forum trolls:
    There are numerous useless, non-value-add, troll (sometimes even distasteful/disrespectful) posts by several members that I won't quote here. [I was tempted to expand more on this, but I restricted myself ] In most cases, I report their posts and add them to to my ignore list.

Thanks for this thread. These are good points to bear in mind and put into practice.
    I'm sure that as long as we have you, the community will always be positive. Thanks for being so nice WowSome.