Thread: Curse Skill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Curse Skill

First Sry for my bad english, I dont know if is normal the dmg of curse.. but is really crazy... I as mage test the skill yesterday and I kill everythink in 3 or 4 sec.. this in groups fights...and more is u enemy is mage or rogue too. Please sts check this, as mage I dont want a super op skill I want is a fair fight. U can see 50% of mages with curse now, Lol cuz is op. (The problem is becouse the skill reflect dmg of the dot. Is my opinion)(sry for my english and test this vs mages with dot skills if u want)
    Last edited by Masterpeace; 07-07-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

No offense but curse was a useless skill until the skill was revamped. I personally do not see it as being op because of the very long cool downs and limited amount of targets that you can curse. I do not see 50% of mages with it because of my above stated reasons.

Besides mages should be able to kill large amount of mobs very fast due to our large scale crowd control.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I still don't find it a viable replacement for fire/ice/light/time, I tested it out after the changes and just... eh.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I die in 3 sec without inmunity if my enemy use curse...its op for me maybe im wrong... but i need an answer of sts staff... if is normal or op.... in pve is good but in pvp as mage dot the curse reflect dmg of my skill and the dot of my skill. ( sry again for my bad english but I try of explain this). So if I use fire+frost vs curse = instant dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im talkin about curse in pvp.. No pve.. i invit u to use curse vs mages and rogues but is maybe instant (2 - 3 sec) dead in mages if they dont have inmunity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Sorry, but Curse is working as is and I STILL do not think it is viable enough for both PvP and PvE YET.

And I find it RARE that a Mage player is complaining about the Curse skill which isn't OP at all. I think you're trolling for reactions from the Devs to nerf the non-viable Curse skill because you probably got killed too many times in PvP by a Mage with Curse.

Oh and I think you're a Rogue, kthx, bye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

It's pretty OP in group fights and some of the better mages are using it b/c it's effective and a better replacement for light in some situations.

Basically this is what happens...
    The mage either gets horn, or shields themselves then runs to the front of the pack to target the enemy Rogues.
    If I don't have my teamates horn me or mages heal me or my packs ready then i'm pretty much dead.

It makes my 5/5 nox looks minuscule in damage overtime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Skill!!!
    I still don't understand about all skill in this game... I always ask friends about the skills "which one is batter?" I always follow their step, but I still don't understand about it.
    It's difficult to understand about the characters too..... ^_^
    Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Sorry, but Curse is working as is and I STILL do not think it is viable enough for both PvP and PvE YET.

And I find it RARE that a Mage player is complaining about the Curse skill which isn't OP at all. I think you're trolling for reactions from the Devs to nerf the non-viable Curse skill because you probably got killed too many times in PvP by a Mage with Curse.

Oh and I think you're a Rogue, kthx, bye.

Hi... if u read when i say " i as mage".... jeje im mage my name Oseeo if u want know and i have curse in my build... this is just my opinion... becouse i feel op Curse. Always looking for a fair and friendly fight ^^. (And sry for english as i always say.lol)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Before that update of curse, there was like nobody using it. Now I see a few mages using it now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

And it's pretty easy to defend against... hey, there's that curse debuff, I'll not attack for a couple seconds and just heal, oh look it's gone and did NOTHING to me. Of course, if you aren't paying attention...

You aren't going to get a dev to say if something is OP, because OP is a perception of players and not devs. If something truely is too powerful, then many players would be stating it and then the devs will look to see if it does need tweaking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Its still useless when warriors blow the horns, time shift or ice at least slows them a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    And it's pretty easy to defend against... hey, there's that curse debuff, I'll not attack for a couple seconds and just heal, oh look it's gone and did NOTHING to me. Of course, if you aren't paying attention...

You aren't going to get a dev to say if something is OP, because OP is a perception of players and not devs. If something truely is too powerful, then many players would be stating it and then the devs will look to see if it does need tweaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Its still useless when warriors blow the horns, time shift or ice at least slows them a bit.
    Exactly. People don't understand that you can always HEAL through it or just walk away and cease attack for a few seconds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok u can stop the attack but if u have active on enemys frost and fire dot before of they use curse = instant dead....and in a fight vs 5 mages.... just wait finish they shield and do curse.. 4sec later u can see 5 mages deads. Jaja remember my english is bad.. but u can do a strategy vs curse.. yes sure. But for me is op.. now u can read in cft: "they have curse ". Idk if u guys can uderstand me. But if a skill can kill all a party attacking or not attacking but with dots on, in 4-6 sec for me is op. Thx remember this is just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Nothing is unstoppable, again since this is an MMORPG, it is merely based on also STRATEGY as you have mentioned. Once that is sorted out, then this Curse debuff is nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Nothing is unstoppable, again since this is an MMORPG, it is merely based on also STRATEGY as you have mentioned. Once that is sorted out, then this Curse debuff is nothing.
    Lol find me in game if u are mage and i will show u a op curse.. jaja np u right all is strategy but curse is op for me -.- (is my opinion and the opinion of others too). I need a answer from sts about curse dmg reflected if is normal or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpeace View Post
    Lol find me in game if u are mage and i will show u a op curse.. jaja np u right all is strategy but curse is op for me -.- (is my opinion and the opinion of others too). I need a answer from sts about curse dmg reflected if is normal or not.
    idk how you manage to say that even though others have already stated what is need to be done to counter curse.
    I used curse when they updated the skill and i like it, but yet again as what others says it isnt that OP.
    there are few effective things that can be done to counter curse. And many of the good PvPs can counter this and knows what to do.

i hope you understand what theyre trying to say and manage to keep up PvP vs curse users
    Last edited by Cero; 07-09-2013 at 03:55 PM.