Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alrisaia's Guide: How to Twist Ribbit

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Ribbit Rogues are no fun in PvP, like Noisy mentioned! However, I'm sure it would be devastating in pve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Whenever your ready let me know!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This would work amazingly with warriors also because if u have a maxed out vengful blood with a 25% crit chance 50+ strength and extra 40% deration combined with maxed out windmill and its extra 15% damg boost (and other stuff i cant remmember atm) would be pretty sweet

I alrdy crit about 50% of the time so that added 40% would make it almost impossibal not to crit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roanisgodly View Post
    This would work amazingly with warriors also because if u have a maxed out vengful blood with a 25% crit chance 50+ strength and extra 40% deration combined with maxed out windmill and its extra 15% damg boost (and other stuff i cant remmember atm) would be pretty sweet

I alrdy crit about 50% of the time so that added 40% would make it almost impossibal not to crit
    Hypothetically a warrior can become an average rouge . But a rouge can become the all mighty god damage since there bonus damage (what a affects a crits power) is much higher, coupled with an already higher damage load makes this an expenential increase in a rouges damage output (as seen in a fro stir run, thanks alr I always like 8min cow heads). The issue is that some bosses apply feeble (and in PvP) so I don't think this will become the everyday fix, definently perfect for mobs (unless you use elite to level pets like me [I do that many runs lol]).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

@Roan. Yup with maxed Vengeful as warrior I can really start to feel rogueish at least for those couple of seconds. A powerhouse with full charge HOR shield on party and charged VB I can get a WM, tap a CS with staggering blow and still have time to get a few quick hits in at high crit. At lv28 am really loving the chance to clean up solo or help the unexperienced party without having to tank for ages without contributing to damage. Not that I'm trying to get roguelike dps, but Ribbit helps noticeably.
    @Al - beautiful explanation and summary. Keep it up!
    Last edited by Trahern; 08-09-2013 at 05:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Nice writeup. I agree with Noisy though, this would not be so fun in pvp. For pve though, def nice.

By the way, I find that razor shield has a tendency to draw the aggro of mobs who are looking at your warrior. These are mobs who would not normally even pay attention to you otherwise. If you are having aggro issues, you might want to avoid razor. I have never had a problem with traps drawing aggro onto me. Just something to think on.

Cheers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Nice writeup. I agree with Noisy though, this would not be so fun in pvp. For pve though, def nice.
    I don’t PVP much – but unless I had a really reliable team to do so I wouldn’t try this… I’d probably be using Malison or Slag…
    Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    By the way, I find that razor shield has a tendency to draw the aggro of mobs who are looking at your warrior. These are mobs who would not normally even pay attention to you otherwise. If you are having aggro issues, you might want to avoid razor. I have never had a problem with traps drawing aggro onto me. Just something to think on.

Cheers.
    Traps draw aggro if they’re not placed properly (right on top of your tank). If the mobs that get drawn into the trap are out of range of the tank, since they’re snared, they will attack the nearest target (probably the rogue who set the trap)…

There are only three tanks I've ever run with that I don’t consistently draw aggro from when I turn on my blender. This is especially true when we are twisting ribbit. This is why I’m spamming pots during the blender and not running around – you can’t move and pot and attack all at the same time (at least not on my device you can’t).

Using the blender wrecks elite mobs up to 30 at once in 45 seconds or so. That’s two razor shield cycles and about 4 Ribbit cycles.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Now that a Mage's DOTs have the ability to crit, this once again becomes a really viable way to increase the amount of damage output a party has during a trashmob fight. Heck - even a boss fight.

I haven't been ribbit twisting in a while, since we seem to do alright without it - this was one of the ways that my teams (with trash Legendary gear) were able to hit hard Elite Maps and still do them in decent times. Now that we're all 'grown up' and have mythic gear etc, we see more benefits in using other pets...

I'm going to have to revisit this and test it with some certain mages... Suddenly I got a craving for cheese.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

I have taught my guild how to twist ribbit. They love me now. hehe
    I give you all the credit!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to leeelooo For This Useful Post: