Thread: Alrisaia's Guide: How to Twist Ribbit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Default Alrisaia's Guide: How to Twist Ribbit

So you probably clicked on this thread link, thinking WTH is Twisting?

But before I get into anything here... I need to give special thanks to all the Rogues who back in March in the Am I doing it wrong post, helped me tweak my spec to what it is today and especially to:Jellowpy for giving me the idea to use Ribbit as a pet in the first place! WOW what a cool way to run!

First allow me to explain the origin of the term and how it became a pretty standard MMO term (like MOB)...

Twisting:
    The art of using a spell or skill or multiple spells and skills and either stacking their effects or alternating the casting of the spell or skill in order to gain the benefits over a longer period of time or to gain all of the effects at one time (in the instance of stacking).
    For Twisting Ribbit - we're discussing the use of a skill (Ribbit's Arcane Ability) and rather than stacking its effects - we will be staggering the casting of the skill in order to gain benefits over a longer period of time.

Twisting is a strange concept, however when put to use effectively - the results are devastating. The below graph is a visual representation of what's happening with a toon's crit score during the times in which Ribbit's skill is active - combined with stacked Aimed Shot, and you have a seriously dangerous combination. Obviously Rogues see the most benefit from this due to the fact that we can stack our Aimed Shot as well. However - everyone benefits because us Rogues will clear the Trash mobs faster while ribbit twisting.

I have taught a number of toons who run with me regularly to twist ribbit, and it's such a beautiful thing seeing all that yellow damage fly. Just remember - tanks will have a hard time keeping aggro while AOE skills and Ribbit are combined, but spamming pots typically takes care of this. I always pull aggro when my trap works, Razor Shield kicks in and we're twisting ribbit...

Name:  RibPNG.png
Views: 3465
Size:  13.8 KB

As you can see by the illustration in the updated graph, a Rogue's crit percentage remains at or above 85%. With a naturally high crit Rogues could actually see crit percentages over 100%... yes that's a crit with EVERY ATTACK.

I used to use items that boosted crit, as well as taking the passive 5/5 in Crit, I had a natural crit score of 23%, with Ribbit it was 30% and then twisting skills I would regularly see crit scores over 100.

So - here's how to do this -

Typically I am the first in the alphabet when running since my name starts with an A, so I will usually go first. I prefer this because I don't hit Ribbit's arcane abililty until it's going to benefit the party most (like AFTER the tank has pulled all the mobs to a corner or wall).

Toon A taps ribbit's arcane ability.
    The whole party sees the first Ribbit go and at that point, the following happens:
    Toon B starts counting. ONE. TWO. THREE - on three Toon B taps Ribbit's Arcane Ability.
    Toon C starts counting. One. TWO. THREE - on three Toon C taps Ribbit's Arcane Ability.
    Toon D starts counting. One. TWO. THREE - on three Toon D taps Ribbit's Arcane Ability.

See the pattern???

.... By this time... Ribbit's arcane ability is available for Toon A and the cycle begins again.

BAM! Toon A hits Ribbit's Arcane Ability for the second time!!!
    Toon B, C, & D don't even have to count at this point - because the timing of when Ribbit's Arcane Ability resets should be right in line...

Most Elite battles with trash mobs running with 1 tank, and 3 dps who know how to twist ribbit last 30 seconds, 1 minute tops if the traps don't deploy properly... So, 1 cycle of Ribbit is typically enough. South Seas Ribbit twisting is fun as well, the pirates in the beginning drop so quick... when you've cleared them all after two minutes or so of twisting ribbit - swap out for a stun pet and start twisting them on Sharky...
    Last edited by Alrisaia; 07-25-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Updated Credits

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Alrisaia For This Useful Post: