Thread: AL Glossary of Terms and Acronyms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Hi Alrisaia, nice thread. It's nice to see another oldschool MMO gamer in the community
    I hear that Taejo - when you read my twisting guide I'm sure you knew exactly what I was talking about... I remember bard's twisting their songs and that's where I decided to apply the term to AL and twisting pet abilities and or spells...

What server did you play on Taejo? I was on Erollissi Marr (sp?)... In fact you can still find posts of mine from way back when... (like prior y2k) on the interwebs... lol

Quote Originally Posted by PvE View Post
    Idk if some of these were listed I just kept typing.
    You did great mate - thanks for the help I think the only one I had was POTS.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: : Also in this update ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Please let me know what you think about the new format with the 'spoiler' buttons... I'm not sure I like it, but the Glossary is getting very long.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    I hear that Taejo - when you read my twisting guide I'm sure you knew exactly what I was talking about... I remember bard's twisting their songs and that's where I decided to apply the term to AL and twisting pet abilities and or spells...

What server did you play on Taejo? I was on Erollissi Marr (sp?)... In fact you can still find posts of mine from way back when... (like prior y2k) on the interwebs... lol

You did great mate - thanks for the help I think the only one I had was POTS.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: : Also in this update ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Please let me know what you think about the new format with the 'spoiler' buttons... I'm not sure I like it, but the Glossary is getting very long.
    I had the pleasure of playing EQ for 5 years on the Nameless server in the guild Legacy of Steel, run by Jeff Kaplan (Tigole Bitties) who later became WoW's lead project designer. Being in that guild is where I learned most of the 'behind-the-scenes' information about MMORPGs, and gives me a smidgen of credibility when I talk about strategy or rant about bugs

Oh, another one for your list which is specific to this game:

RG: "regroup", where you're asking your team (in PvP) to gather up before the next battle

EDIT and off-topic: I miss games with a bard-concept class. Not many have them... EQ and D&D Online are the only two I played that had bards.
    Last edited by Taejo; 07-29-2013 at 09:36 PM.