Thread: Was Auto-Targeting System Tweaked?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Default Was Auto-Targeting System Tweaked?

Not complaining here, just pointing out some observations since the last update. Feel free to chime in your observations as well.

Anyone notice a drastic change to the auto-targeting system? Especially evident with a sorcerer. My fireballs are wizzing past groups of mobs standing in front of me onto random, isolated mobs in the distance. Also, my sorcerer no longer turns towards the closest mob (if to the sides or behind me), but rather continues firing frontward. Circling mass mobs in WT4, Hauntlet, and Mage's Mine has become rather difficult due to this.

I assume this was an attempt to fix the well-known issue of auto-targeting crates/barrels? I'm not sure this fix is better than the before edition - I've died a bit too much because of it (augmented by heals not working). Maybe it just needs some getting used to, but I feel the issues I've pointed out could use consideration.

Any dev: For the best example of what I mean, run Hauntlet. When you advance to the 2nd section, run forward with a fireball charging and aim it at the group of 4 mobs that lead the pack (2 necromancer 2 skeletons). 9/10 times your fireball will fly by and hit the necromancer way in back (and out of range, most definitely). Try it out and let us know what you think please.

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I'm still hitting barrels that are behind me, out of sight, and out of range. I have seen the fireball, and others, fly past mobs but I saw that before too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    I'm still hitting barrels that are behind me, out of sight, and out of range. I have seen the fireball, and others, fly past mobs but I saw that before too.
    Right. I'm shocked this thread hasn't gotten any feedback. Is it just me, or maybe Chrome is running the game strangely? I am certain that targeting was changed and it's driving me nuts. Very difficult to adjust to thus far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Wow happens to my charged out attack like 50% of the times i shoot. Aimed shots too :/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The one in the haunlet i realized awhile back, i think in season 2 or 3. arrows, fireball, and ice are some o the few skills that have this weird auto targeting, like, it sets on the nearest target that moves or it can be attacked (a barrel) when charged.
    Justthat-lv16 warrior
    ValconX-lv22 mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

sts hadnt changd bug of skills that sometimes doesnt work after fully charged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

It happened to me as well with my mage, fireball going the other direction. This isn't the case before. Please fix.
    The Forum here is more FUN!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Ok, this is getting frustrating to the point I don't like playing my sorc. I am going to download Fraps or something similar to record my game play and post a link on here for the Devs to see. Standing literally in front of a mob wanting to attack it, and my gun's pellets and fireballs wiz past it and hit some random mob. In PvP, my character was shooting the wall at a 45 degree angle from where I was facing, instead of hitting the players directly in front of me.

Can we get some feedback here, Devs? It's fine if something was tweaked and it's not working out. Trust me, we appreciate you trying to fix it. Unfortunately, we're worse off now with this new code than than how it used to be. At this point, I'd rather be hitting crates and barrels than missing a mob 2 inches in front of me and dying because of it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

A friend reported his group's attacks are going right through Belinda (sp) in Elite Ydra Forest map. I can't confirm this, just reporting it for testing. All these occurrences are things that never happened before the 2nd Bael update (around that time).