Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level 31 Warrior Hauntlet >=90 second Achievement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Level 31 Warrior Hauntlet >=90 second Achievement

Hi all, I was wondering if any Level 31 Warrior has completed the Hauntlet Achievement after reaching level 31. I've been trying and trying, and I just don't see how it's possible to do.

Can any end-game warriors shed some light on this topic? I am curious what your strategy is if you have been successful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

I don't think so mate. I've seen a lot of threads about full mythic groups having trouble doing it... But you know I'm willing to try ;-)

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I spent three hours attempting this today with two sorcerers and a rogue, all of us with speed elixir and Slags. The best time we got was 1:35. We will continue trying throughout the weeks but it seems rather ridiculous that this achievement is impossible without spending gobs of platinum on re-speccing and elixirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

1:35 on just speed lix and slag? Wouldn't waste anymore plat re-specing, I'd say u're v close. Try speed+dmg lix, and going with full dmg pets. Slag not the best pet to use with speed lix since the movement bonus doesn't stack. GL

Alphagun /TRUEORIGIN/ Fullsick
    <Five Elements>
    Speed Demon
    Guides| MerchMidas | Youtube

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I think it's possible with 2 rogues + 1 mage on dmg + speed elixirs

non-exlirs?gl unless you got maul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys! My thoughts are that I need to re-spec to have Rally Cry for the 10% speed boost -- I think it will help us get under 1:30.

@gundamsone -- We are adamant about completing this in our group of 2 mages, 1 rogue and myself (warrior).

@TrueOrigin -- I had damage elixir on my warrior, the others did not. I failed to mention that before. I'm a tad confused about not using Slags though -- are you saying that the 10% speed increase offered by slag does not stack with speed elixir?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killingsworth View Post

@TrueOrigin -- I had damage elixir on my warrior, the others did not. I failed to mention that before. I'm a tad confused about not using Slags though -- are you saying that the 10% speed increase offered by slag does not stack with speed elixir?
    There ya go pretty sure ur party will make it if everyone has the dmg lix. :-)

Re slag, Nope never saw a difference in time on speed lix, both twink and endgame levels. Pure yes.

Always nice to see a tight group of friends, passion over glory - u go man. Have fun gettin' that AP okey! Then u can laugh at how easy it turned out to be!! Show us some screenies of the afterparty xD
    Last edited by Origin; 07-20-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Alphagun /TRUEORIGIN/ Fullsick
    <Five Elements>
    Speed Demon
    Guides| MerchMidas | Youtube

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys! My thoughts are that I need to re-spec to have Rally Cry for the 10% speed boost -- I think it will help us get under 1:30.

@gundamsone -- We are adamant about completing this in our group of 2 mages, 1 rogue and myself (warrior).

You can only increase your speed to up to 25% above normal, so pet's speed boosts don't stack on top of the elixer. Say you were to have 5/5 speed passive and shiloh, in that case it does stack to 5+12=17. If you then added a speed elixer it would only go up to 25, not 17+25=42.

I believe this was confirmed by the developers way back in the beginning of the game (the not stacking past 25).

Good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Hi all, I was wondering if any Level 31 Warrior has completed the Hauntlet Achievement after reaching level 31. I've been trying and trying, and I just don't see how it's possible to do.

Can any end-game warriors shed some light on this topic? I am curious what your strategy is if you have been successful.
    Hi Killingsworth,

I never thought my warrior would ever see this achievement. And although it is definitely catered towards players with top-notch gear and pets, it's still something you can attempt to complete. I managed to do this with my warrior using no elixers (pure run). My group was composed of 3 people total: a rogue (full mythic), a sorc (full mythic) and myself, a warrior (full mythic but used Storm Sword of Assault). Some of the details of our set up was as follows:

Mage respec'd for timed runs. Fireball, Clock, Wind and Lightning, +dmg passives. Used Slag.
    Rogue was his normal build, not exactly sure of the details, but nothing special. Used Slag.
    My warrior I respec'd to have: SS, WM, VB and HoR, +dmg passives. Used Shiloh.

We managed to clock in at 1:27. Keep your strategy tight. Kill those necromancers first and have your rogue dash for the doorway at the end. After I got this for my warrior, I swapped him out for my mage, who was also spec'd for timed runs. Completed the zone in 1:22.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Nope its impoSsible for end gamers to get this speed....I tried with maul and all mythic group. ..same group who ran 1:15 back in lvl 21....this sho uld be looked at
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

LOL same with me! im a warrior tried with maul and mythic group of 1 soc and 2 rouge. its 1:20 LOL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I was the rogue that Kill is talking about -

Thanks for the tips, I did not realize that slag does not stack with elixir. We will try again with DMG/CRIT pets.

I do not have Pierced Shot (or whatever the accelerator is called, I don't use it, it is useless in PvE) but perhaps the rogue could stand close to the gate and fire shots at fallen warrior, then rush for the exit.

I just want to say that we all had DMG/Speed lixers and that this party clears Kraken Mines 3 in 1:50 without elixirs and with pendants on.

We still lose too much time killing the last mage in room 2 (I personally never spot him in all the frozen mobs lol).

Thanks for all the inputs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Upper Hauntlet was broken by devs (as a senior QA in other company, I can say so ;p)
    It's impossible to do 1:30 for non-elixir non-mythic guys at all. Even with elixirs, there's rather a small chance a group of non-mythics without superb pets do this achievement.
    Compared to two level caps ago, when you could finish it in 1:30 with warrior and three dps chars, now it's just a waste of time and making people sick :P

You should feel shame right now, devs, because you forgot to add Lower Hauntlet, which was promised long time ago ) this one could be harder, without destroying fun of existing one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    Nope its impoSsible for end gamers to get this speed....I tried with maul and all mythic group. ..same group who ran 1:15 back in lvl 21....this sho uld be looked at
    It is definitely possible, otherwise my warrior (who doesn't have a maul, mind you) wouldn't have the achievement. It takes more strategy than equipment. I complained about this in a previous thread, stating that you needed well-geared rogues to accomplish this with a warrior. Looks like I was wrong about that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I can't wait to get some platinum for elixirs so I can finally check this achievement off my list!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I can't wait to get some platinum for elixirs so I can finally check this achievement off my list!
    To each his own, I suppose. I'll say it one last time: I wouldn't waste plat on elixers, as you don't need them for this achievement. Rather, you should use 10 plat to respec for the Hauntlet and then respec back to your normal build. Skills sets, strategy and your party members > elixers for this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

We tried again today and couldn't do better than 1:38 with damage pets and speed elixirs. We also tried twisting Ribbit to no avail. Can someone verbalize the strategy for room two? What should our game plan be?
    Officer <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

We tried again today and couldn't do better than 1:38 with damage pets and speed elixirs. We also tried twisting Ribbit to no avail. Can someone verbalize the strategy for room two? What should our game plan be?
    I bet you could shave off 8 seconds by making it a pure run . Your warrior and rogue can travel quickly by using shadow piercer and skyward smash, so no reason for a speed elixer. I used Shiloh when I did it with my warrior, the sorc used Kettle and the rogue used Slag. If the sorc specs wind, then they can use that buff for run speed.

For stage 1, you have to clear all the mobs so its a pretty straight forward strategy. Just keep the necromancers from summoning more skeletons, and watch for that one skeleton who always spawns late behind the pillar. For stage 2, you don't have to clear it 100%. Fight in close proximity to the next doorway so the meteors of skeletons land close by. Your rogue should search and destroy the necromancers and not let them summon skeletons. Keep mobs clumped up for your warrior and mage to AE them. When you get to the fallen warrior in stage 3, pull him close to the final doorway while continuously hitting him. Have your warrior leave the fight at around 40% and skyward smash your way over the bridge to the end.

I'd help you in game, but I don't enough plat to respec my sorc at the moment.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Good point about the Shadow Piercer, Taejo. I will try to respec - I don't use SP in PvE because it renders useless (and suicide) against strong bosses.

The first room is clear, finish off the mages quickly because they seem to be responsible for the timing of meteorites fall. And sure, not to forget the last bastard that spawns in front of the pillar.

As for the second room, we usually split in order to finish the 2+2 mages on the wings but to be honest, I never see the moment what have we done to clear room 2. I think I read that there are another two mages but it rather seems to me that we need to kill certain number of spawned mobs...

Thank you for the offer to help, mate - too bad it is against STS ToS to buy plat for you lol Seriously, we want to do this with the guildies, once this party makes it, we take the other guildies through this AP too. If we make it, that is... it is very frustrating, hours and hours of time spent in vain... next to one-shot-down by Bloodhammer and Frostir kills outside the red area one of the most frustrating moments in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I would say dont get too serious abt game bcoz game is broken and not properly balanced. If u want to get serious then try best mmo like world of warcraftwarcraft. Nine pound per month but it really worth it. Atleast that game devloper reply and care abiut their game ..not just about money.