Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Most Deadly Players Out There

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Didn't mean towards you, referring to Erill's weird post.

You think I looted my Hammerjaw? i wish

YouTube Channel: Tuma Arcane
    http://www.youtube.com/user/KrypticOrder

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TuMadreee View Post
    Didn't mean towards you, referring to Erill's weird post.

You think I looted my Hammerjaw? i wish
    I said 'most'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Same here. Im #3 sorcerer on lb and I never looted a mythic or arcane item, nor did I ever buy gold with plat. All of my gear and achievements came from hard work. I didn't buy my way to anything. But yes, it's obvious that many players open tons of crates and loot tons of mythic and arcane items. Those are the players who are buying their way to the lb. but even still it takes hard work on top of that. I don't think most players realize how much time it takes to keep a high position in the leaderboards.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Same here. Im #3 sorcerer on lb and I never looted a mythic or arcane item, nor did I ever buy gold with plat. All of my gear and achievements came from hard work. I didn't buy my way to anything. But yes, it's obvious that many players open tons of crates and loot tons of mythic and arcane items. Those are the players who are buying their way to the lb. but even still it takes hard work on top of that. I don't think most players realize how much time it takes to keep a high position in the leaderboards.
    Pve farmin sucks lol
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Agree. I just don't like that the Arcane achievement is so many points. I will probably never see the LB because of this (unless I buy a HJ/Glacian egg next season).

Also, as much as I hate to say it, I think one possible solution around this is adding more achievements like 90 second Hauntlet into the mix. That is one tough AP for many to get - it took my warrior quite awhile to get this season. Another possibility is adding achievements like "Killed Glob in the Arena 100 times". These types of achievements take time and a smidgeon of skill to accomplish, I think.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

U made me almost cry :') one of the only ppl who doesn't open crate after crate after crate to cheat their way to the top. Not that this post applies to me tho I'm a noob trying to be good lol
    AL: BAT~HAM 0_O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xbuddyjosh View Post
    U made me almost cry :') one of the only ppl who doesn't open crate after crate after crate to cheat their way to the top. Not that this post applies to me tho I'm a noob trying to be good lol
    Opening crates is not cheating. Its part of the game....what I think is those high merchants who have enough money ti buy all arcanes...I know one personally who bought hammerjaw for 16, two weeks later bought maul for 50....how someone has that much money on a consistant basis is beyond me. ..the average player is 1-2 million
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    Opening crates is not cheating. Its part of the game....what I think is those high merchants who have enough money ti buy all arcanes...I know one personally who bought hammerjaw for 16, two weeks later bought maul for 50....how someone has that much money on a consistant basis is beyond me. ..the average player is 1-2 million
    There are some players who apparently have unlimited plat at their disposal. So they can open thousands of crates. I see the same players standing around by the auction selling just about every mythic and arcane item, and sometimes multiples of them. Yet I never see these players advertising to buy these items. So where do they get them? Obviously from crates.

Yes, there are merchants like Love who got tons of mythic and arcane items by merching, and you can clearly see these players advertising to buy almost as much as they advertise to sell.

I guess if you are from an upper class family, spending a few hundred dollars per month on a game is no big deal, and that would give you enough plat to open as many crates as you could possibly want. For me, I'd rather spend my hard earned money on things like a car, house, investments, etc. Yes, I do buy plat, but not enough to open crates on a regular basis, just enough to buy the occasional plat exclusive pet, buy a few luck elixirs each week, and do a plat revive once in a while. In fact, I think I would grow bored rather quickly if everything came too easy to me. I like the challenge of knowing I don't buy my success.

But either way, that is my choice. Buying lots of plat is certainly not cheating and is not a crime. And yes it does give some players a big advantage. That is just the way "free to play" games are. Someone has to support the game. If some players don't like this model, there are plenty of games that have a monthly fee structure where everyone is on an equal playing field.

As far as how some players have tens of millions of gold, they obviously fall into one of 2 categories:

1) opens lots of crates as described above

2) very successful merchant like Love -- there are very few of these in the game. Most decent merchants (like myself) can earn enough gold to buy good gear for themselves, but very few take it to the level that Love has. It requires a ton of time, dedication, and actual work. Merching is not easy. It really is like running a real life business. Sometimes it's tedious and not fun at all. It's only fun when you make a big score, and then it's back to the hard work again.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-24-2013 at 07:18 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

or third one:
    3) lucky opened a few crates/chests and got arcane/mythics..

i wish i got that lucky someday.. now going the hard way of farming bosses and selling crates/chests..
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88929&dateline=136981  8890
    Signature created by marshmallow

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Obi View Post
    or third one:

i wish i got that lucky someday.. now going the hard way of farming bosses and selling crates/chests..
    I opened a total of about 12 crates and got 2 myth`s but the cheap ones (mage gun, amulet of doom)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Obi View Post
    or third one:

Getting lucky on a few crates or chests is not enough to get you hundreds of millions of gold. Darkko was talking about these players that have just tons of gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

The best pvp players i have seen soo far are: Chiyuk, Smoller and Love (dot)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadroth View Post
    The best pvp players i have seen soo far are: Chiyuk, Smoller and Love (dot)
    (Dot) withot actually making a dot. OP!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have played with Rutherford LOK Smoller Rasi ipredator sycobunny Bossqween and more... There are a lot of names to list from now and days gone by back in season 1 & 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

LordReq is still around.... What ever happened to Worka from season 1 & 2? They battled forever in top spot on leader boards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    I forgot you. I know you're one of the best, but still, most of the top players go a pocket full if gold, or 99% loot reroll. Loot hjaw glacian maul hooks, PIECE OF CAKE, RIGHT? No.
    Most don't loot hammerjaw... Trust me. The one I earned as well was also platinum-free.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really miss teaming up at 4am every morning with Smoller, Lok, Rutherford and a few other older players, lots of fun in the LV 25 cap days, before LV cap became 31. I felt like I was getting to be pretty good back then when I could hang it. But then LV cap came in the 2 moths I missed playing. And Prices went up on everything. Now I can only hope to play with all the same players again some day at same LV of play if I get lucky and find a bunch of mythic gear. Game got Crazy with Mythic and Arcane. I just can't beat down any more people who have while I don't.
    Last edited by Bret Corey; 08-07-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Envoylegend

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madxnoob View Post
    Assuming these are all end game players? But I am the Most Deadly level 10 period. SECRETSERVICE is his name, ownen twinks daily<3
    Lmao. Twinks don't count silly. They aren't real people.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psykopathic28 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Psykopathic28 View Post
    Lmao. Twinks don't count silly. They aren't real people.
    Lol

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Most of the warriors up there have arcane hammer lol, that's why...

But I agree with immortalis guild leader
    Last edited by Samdegreat; 08-16-2013 at 03:35 PM.