Thread: Weapon types

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Weapon types

Hey guys! I was just wondering what type of weapon was best for a warr tank. Swords do most dps, but since the damage each hit is very low, it could be the one with least dps if nighmare and crushing blow isnt applied.

I also heard about this armor break thing, i dont know what it is, but sometimes when i fight i randomly start doing more damage, can someone explain this for me and tell me what weapons got this ability, and maybe how to see whether a weapon has it or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

all spears, forks and the like have a armor break ability which can well, break armor. swords may have higher dps, but such little hit-per-hit damage that the enemies armor makes it useless...
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whats the point with force cutter then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superzarop View Post
    Hey guys! I was just wondering what type of weapon was best for a warr tank. Swords do most dps, but since the damage each hit is very low, it could be the one with least dps if nighmare and crushing blow isnt applied.
    I would say for very low levels a 1-hand sword is okay, but in general for a tank, I'd recommend using an axe until level 33 or so when armor breaking weapons become available. Then at 33-35 switch to a pitchfork or trident. At level 40, switch to a Djinn Spear, at level 45 upgrade the Djinn Spear or get a Shock Lance. At level 50 keep the shock lance or get a harpoon or force cutter

I also heard about this armor break thing, i dont know what it is, but sometimes when i fight i randomly start doing more damage, can someone explain this for me and tell me what weapons got this ability, and maybe how to see whether a weapon has it or not?
    As Arterra said, only pitchforks, tridents, spears, and harpoons have the confirmed break armor proc (shock lances and the force cutter have similar sorts of armor reducing procs but they work a little differently). So if you have seen your damage increase all of a sudden, and you were not using one of those, the only possibilities are you used crushing blow or hellscream (both reduce armor though it isn't in the description), a mage used nightmare, a bird used break armor, or your target had a buff active but it ran out when your damage increased.
    Last edited by Royce; 10-25-2010 at 12:29 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with what Royce said above. And I think it really depends on certain situations to switch your weapon. For example, I have lance, Force cutter, and hammer with me when I farm in Ao3:6, overlord and gurg. I usually use lance to farm overlord because it gives high enough damage per hit and armor at same time. I use hammer to farm gurg when there is no mage in our team, you can kill gurg before his first scream if there are 3 more hammer users in your team. Force cutter applies -30 armor debuff to your enemies, I use it sometimes when others in group has high damage already. It makes game ends faster.
    It is just my opinion, and forgive my poor english

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alright thanks for the feedback guys. Ill get rid of my thoth sword when i got some better weapons then.