Thread: Reinvesting in Pocket Legends

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Reinvesting in Pocket Legends

It feels more and more like PL ranks at the very bottom of the priority list for SpaceTime. Those of us who have been around a while can remember when there was an update with somthing new and entertaining on almost a weekly basis. Now its a maricle just to see a long known bug fixed. It now seems to be that only after 2~3 Features have been added to the other titles, and the creation and release of another do they come back and toss a bone to the PL community.. Usually in the form of a simple texture, or 3d model. Which have to be aquired using real cash.
    One of the best examples of this is the *new* client, which crashes on launch on a large number of devices. This not only makes it impossible for some existing users with those devices to continue to play, it drives away countless potential players reading the reviews. Reviews that I cannot imagine the Devs read, considering they have not even commented on the issue in the play store to try and salvage the game rating, which has fallen drastically.

If SpaceTime continues to only do the bare minimum to keep Pocket Legends up and running, and using the money it generates to enhance there other titles, and create new (and in my opinion lesser) titles, I am afraid they are going to loose those players willing to spend their, (and there parents) hard earned money in there game.

I could name countless 'features' that could be added into PL that would not only increase the money brought in, and raise intrest for players.. But would also take very little time and effort to implement. Here are a couple examples..

1. "Addons" for guilds - Make it so once a player has a Tier3 guild, allow them to customize it further with things like:
    A room with the Consignment NPC to allow them to access the "CS" board right from there. A practice room with open and penalty free PvP, where players can practice their PvP skills and not have the deaths register in their profiles. Or even just add to, or allow the guild ranks to be customized. Giving players an incentive to help others and improve.. if not create an actual feeling of community.

All of that said, I do understand that SpaceTime Studios is not an overly large company, and it does not have limitless resources. And in the beginning Pocket Legends truely gave the player the feeling they were playing a game that was created by people who cared about the game, and its players. But more and more the feeling turns to dissapointment and discontent as the focus turns from making a couple REALLY good games, to the standard model of putting out as many titles as possible as fast as possible no matter the quality. And I know it is not just me who doesnt want to see that happen.

There was a reason Pocket Legends was #1 a couple years back, and if it had followed on the path it was on, it could have easily held that spot, and all the ADs would say #1 Three years running.

I do not believe it would take all that much effort to put Pocket Legends back on top.

- Weeg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to weeg For This Useful Post: