Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rockin Retro Gear Contest - ENTER HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name:  danukemage.png
Views: 688
Size:  732.9 KB

I dont know if that picture will show up.
    Anyway, i would like to see the cyber set remade in maybe green or black. Maybe as a vanity set with some cool effect.
    I would also like to see more of the dev antennas or buttons, i havent seen a dev in almost a year :/
    Helmet: Cyber Skull of Void
    Armor: Cyber armor of the void
    Weapon: Laser talon of void
    Shield: Cyber wing of void
    Vanity shield: Super Mom charity boque
    Vanity helmet: forgotten treasure button
    Ign: Danukemage
    PS: It also be nice to see the forgotten stuff banned in pvp or changed to vanity weapons that never came out

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Red face my Dingy set

Name of your character in-game: Suntv
    Name of the item(s): Self made Dingy set with Ring of Valiance sparkles

Helmet Item Name: L56 Dingy Crown of Persistence
    Armor Item Name: Tiki God's Sand Goddess Dress
    Weapon Item Name: Galzyx Dark Matter Staff

Why do I think these items are the best Rockin' Retro Gear to be made into new versions?

Let me start with the best looking helm ever; our beloved Dingy crown. This is a purple item that you could craft into the Crown of Persistance back in the Sewers days. Right now it's still craftable in the vanity version of the CoP. The design of this helm is simply epic and it looks great on all classes. Right now it's extremely rare and to be honest I doubted if I should post it, but lots of people seem to want it and who am I to deny them a chance to have it in the near future

Then there is the Humania armor. I know this is pretty recent armor, but the design is just fabulous. This is mainly because the usage of 3 colors (on bird), instead of one or two. Plus the shoulders are asymmetric; one side has a shoulder patch with a gem on it.

To end my entry, I'd like to nominate a rarely seen staff from the Alien Oasis days. The Galzyx Dark Matter Staff helped me from lvl 43 to lvl 47. The design is stunning, just like the Laser Wand of the Cosmos, mainly because of the moving rings with the small lightning inside. Plus the color is Sunny yellow To finish things off, it's dark bolt which beats fire and lightning everytime.

my Dingy set

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suntv For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Retro Contest

Name:  danukemage.png
Views: 446
Size:  732.9 KB

i dont know if that picture would show...
    IGN: Danukemage
    Anyway i would like the cyber set to be remade into maybe a vanity set that is red or green instead of the blue. Make it like the green ice of level 50.
    It would also be cool to see more buttons or antennas from the devs.
    helm- Cyber helmet of void
    armor- cyber armor of void
    weapon- laser talon of void
    shield- Cyber wing of void
    vanity shield- super mom charity boque
    vanity helmet- forgotten treasure helm
    PS. it would also be really cool to see the forgotten stuff be changed to vanity weapons because they too op in pvp. the vanity weapon slot was there but never made into anything.
    Last edited by Zauzifrebar; 07-28-2013 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Forgot IGN

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

A few things (and sorry if I am the Debbie downer here):

1. The contest clearly states "Helm, Armor, and Weapon." Many people are posting current hats which are already vanities and shields. Make sure to read the official rules of the contest guys.

2. For those wanting to bring back old "vanities", I beg you to reconsider. Angel sets, CoP's, Mt. Fang armor, Founder's Helms, and so on are the only things left providing a sense of PL history. All games, on all platforms, have "limited edition" or "exclusive" items for a reason. Bringing back a distinguishable item will only cause MAJOR issues within the community. There is a reason Sam said to post pictures using "Helms and Armor" and not "Vanities." Let's keep it that way.

Thanks for reading.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    A few things (and sorry if I am the Debbie downer here):

1. The contest clearly states "Helm, Armor, and Weapon." Many people are posting current hats which are already vanities and shields. Make sure to read the official rules of the contest guys.

2. For those wanting to bring back old "vanities", I beg you to reconsider. Angel sets, CoP's, Mt. Fang armor, Founder's Helms, and so on are the only things left providing a sense of PL history. All games, on all platforms, have "limited edition" or "exclusive" items for a reason. Bringing back a distinguishable item will only cause MAJOR issues within the community. There is a reason Sam said to post pictures using "Helms and Armor" and not "Vanities." Let's keep it that way.

Thanks for reading.
    Spacetime already knows that none of the classic/historical vanities are coming back.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default My Entry

IGN: Jedgington
    Armor: Jewel Thief's Shooting Star Leather
    Weapon: Gleaming Cutlass of Legend
    Shield: Shield of Arcane Legends
    Hat: Ursan Beret

These items just look amazing with each other and wish that sts do more with them.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Xoreobonezxe; 07-28-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Added side pic
    Battle Dragons: BoNeZ1699
    Other StS games: pm for the names if you want them. I rarely play them nowadays

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default Rockin Retro Gear Contest - ENTER HERE!

In game names: Accomplished-bird- Crash-bear- Frost-Mage-

Items name:
    Armours- Swift dragon master armor.(Or savage.fiery master armour). Conqueror's crystalline mail.Tiki god's sand walker swathe.(Etc).
    Reason?
    I love how the swift armour's shoulder isn't plain flat, but has some spikes and other parts with extra armour.(it's recent but I just love that tuffness) Therefore I also like the Crystal armor as its not as plain and the colours are interesting.
    I like the tiki god armour because again it's not flat, but has the diamond pieces on its shoulder. I also love it's variety of colours which the swift armor could use.

Helms- Cyber skull of the void.(etc)
    Reason?
    I love the glow in the eye.
    And especially on birds how the shape seems really cool which stands out compared to other helms.(looks like a cool dragon head to me)

Weapons- Hi-tech blaster of fortune. Phantom pirate's crossbone. Vampyr chiroptera fangs. Gurgox hammer of the rift. Jolly holiday slash. Conqueror's crystalline sword. Shivering black-ice crossbow. Elite sea blaster. Khopesh of Osiris

Reason?
    Everyone loves blasters. And I though the hi tech blaster really had nice details whih u can clearly see.
    I chose the phantom bow aswell because of the detail in the front(some more colour ad a glow wud make it my number 1 fav)
    Vampyr fang and the jolly sword?
    Well I just live how it looks.
    Gurgox hammer?
    I like the effects of the hammer and the glow.
    I like the crystal sword mainly cause it's fully crystal with no wooden handle.
    I like the elite sea blaster because if the details as u can seem from my picture.
    The black shivering ice crossbow is the best item I have gotten from a quest. It's a weapon with nice effects that shoots out ice.
    Then theres the sea blaster.
    It's one of the most unique weapon for archers in the game as it is a "sea blaster"
    Lol and it's a boat.
    Finally for the khopesh sword. I just find it simply cool and beautiful.

Shields- Savage dragon master buckler. Guardian's kite shield of hate.

Reason?
    The savage armour is probably myfavourite shield in the game. It has a nice design ad contrast on it and the spikes on the side just makes it better. It's a nice big shield which will surly to protect you! 8D
    Finally I like the hate shield again because of the glow and effects on it.

Out of all the items in pocket legends I find the l50 cyber and shadow sets one of the best. (Also the crystal/onyx period because the gear wasn't plain as there was lots of work in the details with nice bright colours.)
    Second wud be humania cap because if the colours.
    Third the blacksmoke al because the gears show great str and power(with it's big shield and tuff savage armor)

Well....
    That's all I gotta say.
    So colours shapes and designs are a biggy.
    Last edited by Crashy; 07-28-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name:  Eiggam.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  295.5 KB
    ign: eiggam
    Armor: Mirage Robe of the Cosmos
    Weapon: Dreamer's Onyx Staff
    Helmet: Dreamer's Witch Toad Tiara
    Why?: I remember leveling up at the swamps, and while I went through my inventory liquidating the items I just got I couldn't get rid the Dreamer's Witch Toad Tiara. I love the idea of having a frog on your head, and I especially love the flies that buzz around your head. I don't think I will ever trade or sell this item because of how unique it is. I think the Mirage Robe of the Cosmos is a very colorful and cool item and I would love to see it as a vanity. I've always liked gems, so I like the Dreamer's Onyx Staff a lot. Along with all the other items I love how it looks and I would love to wear it at Blacksmoke!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Dex Gear

In game name : waug

Longbow set
    Name:  longbow1314794578.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  209.9 KB

Helm : Melodic Cap of Obedience

Armor : Leading Legend wings

Longbow : Jewel Thief's frost king bow

Description : when it comes to bird gears, I like lite-weight gears (I mean which does not look heavy) and also i like those gears which suits birds as for example angel wings (angel armor) it is the best wings which looks decent and bit more closure to real one, if it come back obvioisly I would like to see this type of wings also if Devs decide to bring it back then, it's blue part should be re-colored as red, green stripes (textures) as i attached an image of real bird, the white part also maybe recolored with bit light-color texture to make it more real.

when angel was introduced it was appriciated due to its looks also, now who did not get it, will have a chance to wear a similar gear which would be also appreciated i'm sure.

Now we have a good wing as armor, we need helm which compliments it, the helm I choose not only matching with it but also a good looking helm was not used much cause it does not make a set which gives state value, well if the angel armor get re -colored then it also should be according to that, i.e light color strips.

Now coming to longbow, as there are many good bows in game frankly that looks like real heavy, which does not suits with birds, this bow which is shown in the screenshot is quite decent classy looking and matching with the other gear also.

Overall this set looks classy to me, and again if few light-colored strips added in that whole gear here and there it would be quite good looking set, a real bird's image is attached to show the color patterns.( it does not mean that the whole items should be reset, I just mean that it should be recolored a bit accordingly to real bird's color pattern.Name:  color sample1193226438.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  535.4 KB

Dagger set
    Name:  dager966486247.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  182.0 KB

Helm : Same as before

Armor : Same as before

Dagger: Jewel Thief's Crystalline Dagger

Sheild : Jewel Thief's Crystalline Wing

Description : same as before, the dagger and and sheilds are matching.

CrossBow set
    Name:  Crossbow1869123815.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  199.5 KB

Helm : Same as before

Armor : Same as before

CrossBow: Thief's Desert fire crossbow

Description : same as before, only thing to add - at this cap there was no xbow set, next cap there should be.
    Last edited by Waug; 07-28-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default demonic

Ign: Rushers Items name coqueror"s onyx helm demonic glyph platemail demonic glyph wing. Description i think this is pro.thank you notyo ^_^
    Last edited by rushorcry; 07-30-2013 at 09:58 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rushorcry For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IGN : Frauirab
    Helmet : Prestidigitator Silk Hat Of Mimicry
    Armor : Cyber Armor Of The Void
    Weapon : Gleaming Cutlass Of Legend
    Shield : Cyber Wing Of The Void

Description : Ok,I think retro style can be perfect with black,blue,and red color because with the elegant design of the "Prestidigitator Silk Hat Of Mimicry" is coupled with "Cyber Armor Of The Void"Gleaming Cutlass Of Legend" and "Cyber Wing Of The Void" make an excellent combination.With little color on the red helmet, blue on the shield,black armor and weapons make appearances became more than just a retro style

Name:  pl.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  48.9 KB
    Last edited by frauirab; 07-29-2013 at 02:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Ign: HotDodge

Helmet name: Cyber Skull of the Rift
    Armor name: Fortified Gemstone Plate
    Weapon name: Swampthorn Talon of the Finesse

The helm always remember me the ao3 days ( my first cap ) wich is my favorite days I passed on PL. The cyber quest was giving awesome stuff ( but not the best) for free! You had to be very patient tho. It was really hard and long to do those quests at lvl50.

The armor is the symbol of golden age of pocket legends imo. The gemstone is used by everyone as outfit because it looks awesome ofc but its more than a simple outfit for me, it remember me all the pulls in Sewer and all the awesome people I met during those runs through stronghold ( its was my favorite map cause of awesone pulls ).

And then the talon, I dont know the story of the talon but the colour is unique and have a pretty look. If this flashy green could be used on an other weapon it would be awesome.

Thanks for reading
    Bang Bang I shot you down
    Bang Bang you hit the ground
    Bang Bang that awful sound
    Bang Bang I used to shoot you down -Nancy Sinatra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I decided to create 3 sets and i hope you like them
    My first one should be called Boned Nail Xbow set...the weapon (as it has some nails on it) should be able to do damage on more than one person....as banjo does, when players stay close together and as a set bonus it should have brown sparkles that look like fire balls
    So for this set I have been using:
    Helm: Bone Rabbit Ears 2013
    Armor: Bone Tunic
    Weapon: Sniper´s Battle Crossbow

The second one should be named Jewels wooden Joker Xbow set...
    Sadly the jewel of the helm of this set doesn´t perfectly fit to the colour of the rest set, so it would be great if the set has the same colour through and through...for this set i thought as a set bonus, leaves would be great, as its a green set...the leaves should fly upwards
    Helm: Sewer Queen´s Gemstone Cowl
    Armor: Alchemist´s Heavy Cloth Armor
    Weapon: Thief´s Jeweled Crossbow

The last one is my favourite one
    It looks dangerous and valuable, as a bonus it should have falling stars rising up into the air. It should be called Crushed Fire Longbow set
    Helm: Vyxnaar Helm of Legend (for now its made for bears so it does not perfectly fit to birds, but i guess STS can make it fit to dex too)
    Bow: It is any jeweled bow of dexerity, dont know exact name sry
    Armor: Zombie´s Voodoo Master Robe

Thats all, I hope you like them as i put some effort into it IGN Zusay thx
    Last edited by Doped; 07-29-2013 at 08:09 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doped For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

can i edit my post? someone just copy my style and i dont like it..
    Alalakcity Level 76 bear

proud Member of <United Of Indonesia>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Attachment 35882

IGN:Avianpowerz

HELM:Black Dragon Helm (Dragon's Breath Seared Helm, Dragonet's Piercing Helm, Blackened Helm of the Dragon)

ARMOR:Black Dragon Armor (Dragon's Breath Seared Scales, Dragonet's Piercing Scales, Blackened Scales of the Dragon)

WEAPON: For this i'd like to see something exclusive, expensive and more like the Dragonet's Elite X-fire Bow but a new version of it...

Shield: Anything special....

Description:

I think the black dragon sets/pieces are the most wanted items at the high/end game stage, but people that played on 71- pre season patch were the only ones to catch these beautiful gems. They are also the most expensive and one of the rarest items at the stores these days. A new version of these items that would make the next caps most wanted item is exactly what the high lvls would like to see soon.... I would also give a really big thank to my lovely friend Sunflwershine for helping me (aka Afoxylady)

Thanks!!!
    Avianpowerz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Doped View Post
    I decided to create 3 sets and i hope you like them
    My first one should be called Boned Nail Xbow set...the weapon (as it has some nails on it) should be able to do damage on more than one person....as banjo does, when players stay close together and as a set bonus it should have brown sparkles that look like fire balls
    So for this set I have been using:
    Helm: Bone Rabbit Ears 2013
    Armor: Bone Tunic
    Weapon: Sniper´s Battle Crossbow

The second one should be named Jewels wooden Joker Xbow set...
    Sadly the jewel of the helm of this set doesn´t perfectly fit to the colour of the rest set, so it would be great if the set has the same colour through and through...for this set i thought as a set bonus, leaves would be great, as its a green set...the leaves should fly upwards
    Helm: Sewer Queen´s Gemstone Cowl
    Armor: Alchemist´s Heavy Cloth Armor
    Weapon: Thief´s Jeweled Crossbow

The last one is my favourite one
    It looks dangerous and valuable, as a bonus it should have falling stars rising up into the air. It should be called Crushed Fire Longbow set
    Helm: Vyxnaar Helm of Legend (for now its made for bears so it does not perfectly fit to birds, but i guess STS can make it fit to dex too)
    Bow: It is any jeweled bow of dexerity, dont know exact name sry
    Armor: Zombie´s Voodoo Master Robe

Thats all, I hope you like them as i put some effort into it IGN Zusay thx
    Bro, they all look amazing, especially the red one! i would love to see this as a set too! thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfusion View Post
    Bro, they all look amazing, especially the red one! i would love to see this as a set too! thx
    I'm Pretty sure you are Dope, Judging by thats pict it has 3pc Ring, canary face and Also both ur acc thank that post. >_>
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Had to be different..

Armor: ????? No one knows what this is! Who doesn't want it?! It's cool! Asommers robe;

Helm: woodland cap. What can I say I like hoodies. I think it would match up with the robe well.

Weapon: desert daggar of Osiris. I love that it looks like Damascus steel, awesome.

Obv I couldent wear them all but I think the hood would look good on the trenchcoat. Esspecially if re colored like white/grey or gray/black. Daggar could be remade as 2h or 1h sword also.

Ign: Suentouspo
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 07-29-2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: FNORD

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Are we allowed to enter more then one? I see many people doing it and that gives them more chances
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notyocookiez View Post
    Are we allowed to enter more then one? I see many people doing it and that gives them more chances
    Who's doing that?
    Is that allowed?