Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rockin Retro Gear Contest - ENTER HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Rocking retro contest submission

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  241.8 KB
    Conqueror's vyxnaar helmet level 25 with holiday festival cap

Comqueror's Earthquake armor level 25

Steel block legend level 25

Pick axe of legend level 25

Instead of forgotten bows and plat strength gear, these items should be enhanced to counter the forgotten bows, Halloween items, and plat sets.

The steel block, and pick axe and vyxnaar should form a new set with bonus

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Romantica For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name:  CameraZOOM-20130730221115831.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  19.8 KB

Name in Game: Emaxzc

Helmet Name: Crafted Orlok's Chiroptera Helm

Weapon Name: Crafted Orlok's Chiroptera Sword

Armor Name: Crafted Orlok's Chiroptera Plate

Shield Name: Crafted Orlok's Regal Shield

Description: It is the most original has some fabulous details I love!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Love this new contest, thank you much! At first, I thought a lot about what kind of gear I would love to see brought back (and what might win the contest ;-)) but then I realized that I'd never be able to pick just three! So instead, I thought about what gear has been really awesome but forgotten. These are the ones that no one seems to use anymore (if ever) but that some talented people at STS clearly put their time and love into making these. One is a low level common that looks worthy of end game gear and the others are level fifty gear that are getting forgotten by anyone who didn't grind for totems at the level 50 cap. Without further ado I present my choices for under-dog mvp gear!

Name of your character in-game: AtilaTheNun
    Name of the item(s):
    Weapon Item Name: Jeweled Bow of Evasion
    Name:  IMG_20130729_065119_zps55237010.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  50.5 KB
    Whoa! An awesome looking bow that is completely unique! And it sparkles! The first time this thing dropped for me, I was so excited, it looks elite, and I kept expecting a legendary or better version of the bow. Maybe now's the chance!? Oh and did I mention it sparkles? ;-)

Helmet Item Name: Jacob's Helmet of the Cosmos
    Name:  IMG_20130729_063053_zpsb9d0b0fc.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  30.7 KB
    What an awesome helm, and the only one that I know of that has an animation effect. The screenshot doesn't do this one justice, electricity surges up the antennas and shoots between them, like Jacob's Ladder. Oh haha, Jacob's ladder, Jacob's helm... I get it! Sorry where was I... oh yeah- I mean come on, this one already looks like a vanity!

Armor Item Name: Mirage Robe of the Cosmos
    Name:  IMG_20130729_070909_zps7adc3e34.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  37.3 KB
    Back in its day, this was the popular (yet still affordable) end game gear. Really any of the 50s armor would be an excellent choice to bring back, this one happens to be my favorite. Oh I miss those days, help us relive retro 50s times please!

Thanks for the new contest and most importantly the incredible effort on Pocket Legends! Regardless of what gear gets chosen, we know it'll be rockin the retro action!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Atila the nun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

IGN: Canoeinator

Other Item Name(s): Force Wing of the Void [SHIELD]

Helmet Item Name: Overlord's Helmet of the Void

Armor Item Name: Raptorhide Armor Ashes

Weapon Item Name: Swamp Rat's Fishing Pole

Brief description why you think these items are the best Rockin' Retro Gear to be made into new versions:

This gear Rockin' Retro Gear is the best gear to be made into new versions because to me and most others, they are the most creative. Lets begin with the helmet; the helmet is a different type of helmet in which your entire head is enclosed and you can still see your face. I love this helmet because not only does it rock, but it lets you reveal the beautiful skins that you have purchased for your toon. It is also a low level helmet so it isn't used a lot... Secondly the armor. To me, the armor is very creative because it's almost like camouflage. The green helps you blend in to many places and truthfully, it looks rockin'! Lastly, the weapon. This is a very low level weapon so it is almost never used. It's only used by merchants to trade and sell. This weapon is probably the most creative and coolest looking in the game that I would love to see it as a higher level! This is why I think that this gear is the best rockin' retro gear to be made into vanities!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Canoeinator; 07-30-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Name of your character in-game: Dolloway

Helmet Item Name: Jewel Thief's Ancient Helm (can be found in the platinum store)

-The idea for this helm would be to change the lighter gray spirals on the helm and make them an intense orange or fiery flame color. Keep the darker black part of the helm (which is seen in the middle/towards the sides) so that the flames will stand out or "pop out" on the black background of the helm.

-The eye piece of the helm should have a fiery glow (as seen in cyber gear, but make the color intense and orange/red)

-As you can see in the picture above, the helm has spikes in the back of it. These spikes should be replaced with flames that flicker (similar to the tip of the Torch, but longer)

Armor Item Name: Zombie's Voodoo Master Robe/Expert Reinforced Leather

- Both of these armors are the same, except recolored. The Expert armor is colored brown and orange/yellow while the Voodoo armor is red and with a dark maroon.

- The idea for the armor would be to recolor the dark color (maroon/brown as seen above) of the armor into a solid black color. The lighter part of the armor (the red or orange/yellow as seen above) would be colored a fiery color. The black background of the armor will make the fiery lighter color on the armor stand out.

- The collar of the armor can easily be turned black on the edge and have flames that extend upward towards that edge (as seen in the picture above on the Expert armor where the light yellow approaches the dark brown edge of the collar)

Weapon Item Name: None given (use the Demonic Glyph Autobow as a template)

- This weapon can be found in the town of Nuri's Hallows where an archer shoots at a target with the Autobow seen above.

- The idea for this weapon would be to keep the exact same look of the face of the bow, recolor the silver middle piece of the bow to a black, and put flames in the center of the bow.

- These flames should be put in the center of the bow for added effect: (but not the floating bubbles because that looks gaudy)

- If you need an autobow to add the features (since the Autobow in Nuri's Hallows isn't a current playable weapon), you can use the Demonic Glyph Autobow (but get rid of the hieroglyphs and add flames):

Brief description: When the Alien Oasis themed helmets came out in the platinum store, everyone marveled over them and it reminded them of the level 45 STR gear (Thoth helmets). This helmet (i.e. Jewel Thief's Avian Helmet, although there are more of these helms with different colors in the platinum store) is a popular retro helm that brings back nostalgic memories of the glory days of the level 45 cap.

The Voodoo/Expert armor design hasn't been used since the level 56 Sewer cap. However, Voodoo armors are still worn by almost every single level 35 mage and Expert and/or Artisan leathers are worn by almost every single low level bear who twinks. When the Expert and Artisan leathers were introduced into the game, everyone raced to be the first few who received the recipe as a drop. As for the Voodoo armor and it's design, it's still one of the most widely popular armors and used years after it was introduced into the game.

As for the weapon choice, almost everyone can agree that Demonic gear is one of the best looking gear designs that was ever introduced into the game and should be brought back in some junction. In addition, archers need a ranged weapon such as the autobow in both PVP and PVE to combat and/or kite the Phoenix bow's extremely high damage and the extreme damage that enemies in the Blacksmoke campaign do.

The overall design of this dex set would have a fiery and flame look that would fit the Blacksmoke Mountain campaign. If designed right, this set would be one of the most highly sought-after and best looking sets in the game.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 07-31-2013 at 12:02 AM.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

IGN: Archaicphantm

Name:  arch.JPG
Views: 388
Size:  79.7 KB

Helm: Overlord's Helmet of the Void
    Armor: Wraith Armor of the Void
    Weapon: Sunblessed Bow of the Void

This gear first off is the bees knees, I remember the day it came out I spent all my time there after grinding for it to drop and saving up all my gold for it. Back then it was not cheap! This set was truly the first set I spent countless hours trying to get. Brings me back good memories of when pl was just starting up. Imo it's also the best looking set put out in pl next to the demonic set. It's just so unique in how it looks, the helm itself is one of the coolest parts just purely off looks. Not to mention the bow, the bow always had such a powerful look to it. Super long and thin red curved bow of doom is what it really should have been named!! Nothing else in pl can even compare to it The addition of the purple armor with a robotic pattern to it was the cherry on top if you ask me. I just love this set so much and would thoroughly love to see it return revamped. I to this day won't even sell it even though it's worth near to nothing. It's still my favorite set of gear to ever be created hands down. That's why I feel it's the best rockin' retro gear!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ahh sad day i didnt make it oh well couldn't post at work haha what can ya do i guess.

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AtrociousGod View Post
    ahh sad day i didnt make it oh well couldn't post at work haha what can ya do i guess.
    You're not the only one, everybody after post #120 was too late. Too bad, there were some nice ones in the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Actually everyone after dolloway didn't make it. He post at the exact deadline lol.
    Anyways only one other person posted after him and missed it by 15 minutes!
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks woundedeagle. You're acknowledgement made my day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Wow nice entries guys!

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #113
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Entries to this contest are closed. We will be announcing the winners shortly!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post: