Thread: Update stat points help needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Update stat points help needed

Hi guys,

I just started playing PL yesterday, and am still finding my way around things, so please pardon my noob questions

I have read in various guides that you can increase your stats upon levelling, 5 per level. However, I can't find the "update stats" button. All I have in the "avatar" tab is show / hide stats.

Please advise on how do I use my stat points.

Note: I'm only level 8, if that affects this issue.

Thanks all in advance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Before you level up further, look for a button that says "Disable Auto-Level." It automatically gives you stats and abilities (in a way that is actually extremely weak..) and will not let you change your skills/ability points or choose where to put them.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

Top left button that looks like a bike cog (settings button) - Avatar tab (far left tab)

Then you'll come to a screen with your character. Update stats is at the center at the very bottom

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

Also, your stats will be used based on your character class. Elf, bear, bird, rhino, fox.

Then it'll depend on what gear/way you wish of playing.
    Tell us your class and play style and ill be happy to help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh got it. Thanks guys! I'm currently playing a rhino pally. Did some quick searches and saw that I should put most stats into strength.

However, I see that my hit rate is not very high. How much should I ideally add into dex by level 30?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw87
    Oh got it. Thanks guys! I'm currently playing a rhino pally. Did some quick searches and saw that I should put most stats into strength.

However, I see that my hit rate is not very high. How much should I ideally add into dex by level 30?
    By Level 30, I would suggest 94 strength, and the rest dex. I say this because 94 strength gives you the amount needed to use iceberg, and then the dex will give you hit%, and damage. By level 35, have around 112 str and then rest dex. Then once you're L50, have 115 strength and the rest dex. You should be able to figure it out then. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Default Update stat points help needed

To be perfectly honest, I would stick to int/str with int being the focus. Why? Hm, well think about it like this: you're a rhino, a Paladin class. Paladins are support tanks, which means, by definition, you are not suppose to do damage as your role. Or rather, not much damage. This might make you wonder "why focus int"? Well, because until about level 45, int sets are just as good as strength sets at tanking. Sure, the strength sets have extra armor.. But low level you'll have more m/s (important! Rhinos eat mana like a starving man eats his breakfast!), more healing power (makes you unkillable), and lets you actually hit your enemies sometimes. Lol.

I did 120 int then 120 strength, then rest into int until level 51. After that you just keep your str high enough to use str gear. While, yes, this build doesn't maximize hit % later in the game, I feel the exchange for spell power and early game ease is worth the trade off.