Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Item packs (no longer) suck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default (Halloween) Item packs (no longer) suck BUT THE NORMAL ONES STILL DO

Devs:

All the item pack drop rates suck. I have spent 100 platinum and have got nothing but costumes and white and yellow junk. At least drop one item per pack green or better with NO WHITES EVER!!!

Otherwise I will never buy another item pack.

The normal item packs still drop trash whites with 0 gold value.
    ALL item packs need to drop a green or higher to be even worth 5 platinum. I bought some more Halloween item packs thinking they were now 5 platinum. So you suckered me again on that. However, I will now never ever ever waste platinum on an item pack without a guaranteed green or higher with no whites.
    Last edited by Folke Sonin; 10-26-2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Edit by Spacetime obscured my intent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I just wanted to say holy crap to you, for spending that much on item packs. I take it your a gamblin' man?

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Folke Sonin View Post
    Devs:

All the item pack drop rates suck. I have spent 100 platinum and have got nothing but costumes and white and yellow junk. At least drop one item per pack green or better with NO WHITES EVER!!!

Otherwise I will never buy another item pack.
    Just so you know, you will NEVER get something from an item pack that is better then the rares in the game.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,503 Posts

In the latest content update, we addressed the issues with the item packs (duplicates, chance for pink, etc.) and refunded half of the plat spent on them to anyone that purchased them before the update.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

i got a witches hat... all i was looking for ^_^
    is there better though?
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yeah, is that witches hat available also as a boss drop in Halloween Manor or must get it by buying Halloween packs that hopefully have it?
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I got three packs, two with same costumes (Djinn and Human) and the "other" item for all three was a witch hat. So now I can go around with witch hat on...well AFTER Halloween I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by setec View Post
    Yeah, is that witches hat available also as a boss drop in Halloween Manor or must get it by buying Halloween packs that hopefully have it?
    Nope, just available in the packs unfortunately. That seems to be the only unique aspect of the packs. Royce mentioned he got a pink doll (I think it was a doll) that was different from the one the boss drops, but looks the same, with even worse stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBear View Post
    Nope, just available in the packs unfortunately. That seems to be the only unique aspect of the packs. Royce mentioned he got a pink doll (I think it was a doll) that was different from the one the boss drops, but looks the same, with even worse stats.
    This is true, though I absolutely needed both to complete my bracer collection (still need the greens...)
    I am actually quite happy with my pack purchases. I bought 4, got a pink doll, pink broom, and most of the costumes, some repeats, but I have like 9 characters so that's okay. I will more than likely buy at least a couple more before the month ends (want that hat...).
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I apologize in advance for the shameless self-promotion, but I have added a list of all the pinks (to my knowledge) that can be purchased with platinum here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    In the latest content update, we addressed the issues with the item packs (duplicates, chance for pink, etc.) and refunded half of the plat spent on them to anyone that purchased them before the update.

-ALS
    You just addressed the Halloween item packs and not the other ones. I have never gotten anything better than a green from the normal item pack. In addition, the normal item packs drop trash whites with one good item maybe if you are lucky.