Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OFF TANK Warrior Build Inquiry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo View Post
    @crowsfoot
    I'll say over and over again that I am not building an offensive warrior to match those of rogues or mages. No. I know that never will it happen.
    I am also not complaining about my toon not being able to have their offensive prowess.
    All I am trying to say is I WANT TO BUILD AN OFFENSE BASED WARRIOR so I won't have to be the tank of the party.
    This is the path less traveled. This is the path I choose to take. I am not forcing you to do the same as mine. I don't see why you don't get my drift.

Re: Skull Cove
    I am doing pretty fine on it even on my current offensive build. THAT's my point. Though with my current build (Plan C), I cannot (main tank) bosses and stronger elites, I can still TANK easier areas while contributing DPS. I guess these are the things a rouge or mage cannot do even if they go defensive.

Note: Again, this is what I choose to be. Inputs and ideas are welcome but do not convince me to do otherwise.

" I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me. " - Wreck-It-Ralph

i actually get where you're going with this and if parties could be larger than four members there would be a niche that this build would fill.

in the meantime i would be concerned that if you're not focused on keeping your party alive it may cause them to die often... parties that die often don't tend to run together any longer thus you may find it difficult to regroup and party up.

if you plan on doing a lot of soloing or partnering up with other tanks it may work well.

Crow has different gear he wears in the event one of our elite parties had two tanks at which point he becomes the off tank and he ends up dealing way more damage than our primary tank. perhaps he has some insight on that and you could still accomplish your goal without having to sacrifice the fundamental capabilities of your class?

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

i vote neither ur 3 plans.
    it makes warrior a gay.

lets us assume a full party with a warrior (YOU) having any of ur 3build at bloodhammer boss.
    now as u r "offtank" u fail to aggro or save other ppl in ur party. As a result one by one die nd only u survive at boss making negligible dmg and boss heal more then u do dmg LOL. and after smetime u die. boss reset.

So, u need 2-3 taunt skills.
    warrior should hav high hp and armour.
    although it has low dmg bt it heals other ppl alot (+300 hp per 1.5sec is alot for mage and rogue to b survive). and mage and rogue will b happy shooting boss and killing boss quicklly.
    also warrior having any feeble effect skill increase party survivality. so that mage or rogue cant b one shotted.

so a tank should hav:
    CS/AT ; SS/WM ; VB/JUG ; HoR

Forum Adept Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    i actually get where you're going with this and if parties could be larger than four members there would be a niche that this build would fill.

in the meantime i would be concerned that if you're not focused on keeping your party alive it may cause them to die often... parties that die often don't tend to run together any longer thus you may find it difficult to regroup and party up.

if you plan on doing a lot of soloing or partnering up with other tanks it may work well.

Crow has different gear he wears in the event one of our elite parties had two tanks at which point he becomes the off tank and he ends up dealing way more damage than our primary tank. perhaps he has some insight on that and you could still accomplish your goal without having to sacrifice the fundamental capabilities of your class?
    1. I won't really have any problem with that since i really prefer going solo. Ü
    2. I know he has some valid points. I just don't like how he presents himself and how he keeps on insisting on what he wants me to do. It's like forcing a Buddhist Monk to worship Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX View Post
    i vote neither ur 3 plans.
    it makes warrior a gay.

lets us assume a full party with a warrior (YOU) having any of ur 3build at bloodhammer boss.
    now as u r "offtank" u fail to aggro or save other ppl in ur party. As a result one by one die nd only u survive at boss making negligible dmg and boss heal more then u do dmg LOL. and after smetime u die. boss reset.

So, u need 2-3 taunt skills.
    warrior should hav high hp and armour.
    although it has low dmg bt it heals other ppl alot (+300 hp per 1.5sec is alot for mage and rogue to b survive). and mage and rogue will b happy shooting boss and killing boss quicklly.
    also warrior having any feeble effect skill increase party survivality. so that mage or rogue cant b one shotted.

so a tank should hav:
    CS/AT ; SS/WM ; VB/JUG ; HoR
    At first I thought you were one of the sensible beings in this game. I was wrong.
    1. The LGBT community would curse you into eternal damnation due to your close-mindedness on their sexual preference.
    2. Again, Since I am not a TANK, I do not intend to save them or let them live. I doubt if they would do the same for me. My main priority is to stay alive and keep killing. If the Boss attacks me after the main tank dies, i'll attack him back because I can withstand him. If he chooses to attack and kill others then its not my problem anymore. My sole purpose is to kill. If they get killed, i'll just laugh and spit at their corpses because they are not like me. A warrior.
    3. Again, I am not the tank. I don't need to taunt.
    4. I have items specifically for that purpose.
    5. You're a tank right? Your lack of "Intelligence" is quite obvious. so... NO.

• Azgauth • Warrior •

Capt. A: We need a plan of attack!
    Stark: I have a plan... Attack!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

It's like forcing a Buddhist Monk to worship Jesus.
    This made me LOL

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

hmm. delete ur warrior and play as rogue.
    and lol idk y u r going literally, rofl.

and lol ur that line " forcing buddhist monk to worship jesus" is like wat u forcing Warrior to be a rogue ROFL.

and if u r not tank then dnt come to this warrior section that fears to taunt and face boss.
    u r basically a coward warrior.

and ur sole purpose is to "kill" party members.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

hmm. delete ur warrior and play as rogue.
    and lol idk y u r going literally, rofl.

and lol ur that line " forcing buddhist monk to worship jesus" is like wat u forcing Warrior to be a rogue ROFL.

and if u r not tank then dnt come to this warrior section that fears to taunt and face boss.
    u r basically a coward warrior.

and ur sole purpose is to "kill" party members.
    I don't like party anyways.

You're the Tank. That makes you the one afraid of dying. I'm not a tank. I wouldn't care less if I die.

I'll shave my balls and give it to you in a silver platter if you could show me in anyway that I said I wanted to be a rogue.

It's titled, as you have stated, WARRIOR section. I don't see anything in it written as TANK section. And if you do not understand my point then do not come to my thread. I only take fault of my responsibility. That excludes your ignorance. :P
    Last edited by Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo; 07-31-2013 at 10:07 AM. Reason: made it more understandable to morons.

• Azgauth • Warrior •

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

forcing a Buddhist Monk to worship Jesus.
    sh** just got real

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

if u want to kill bloodhammer with a warrior class then warrior should hav AT skill.

also need a bow rogue with AS skill

and a mage with arcane shield.

i solo or in group kill blood hammer easily coz of AT feeble+armour debuff . and i use guapo as it has 5% speed+ it also debufff armour in both his arcane and passive ability making me or party do more dmg so as to make up his hp regen.
    I dunno if there's a time limit in killing bosses but based on my own experience, you can take hours in killing them just don't take them too far from their respawn point or else there will come a time that they will run back to where they originally appeared back with full health. Regardless if your damage is good or not.

Off topic... but.
    I did finish him. =)
    Just saying how bad it would be if 4 warriors be there.
    I didn't know a warrior can solo elite skull cove. Not sure now too.

And blood hammer heals himself. I'm not talking about reset.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

just play as u like...thats what i say. dont take this unbalanced game to seriously. this game needs too much overhaul n refinement.
    generally free to play mmo's are games without soul.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

I don't like party anyways.

You're the Tank. That makes you the one afraid of dying. I'm not a tank. I wouldn't care less if I die.

I'll shave my balls and give it to you in a silver platter if you could show me in anyway that I said I wanted to be a rogue.

It's titled, as you have stated, WARRIOR section. I don't see anything in it written as TANK section. And if you do not understand my point then do not come to my thread. I only take fault of my responsibility. That excludes your ignorance. :P
    I get it mate - just don't expect the community to get behind this. Many people are very one narrow minded because they refuse to spec their toon any way other than the best (mechanically speaking) way to spec.

The problem is that when you're playing an MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) game and you spec so as to cripple your characters primary function (as designed by the gods who made this game) and others are relying on you - it can cause relationship problems with those you run with.

If you run solo always 100% of the time - do what you want to do!

If you run with parties, that's where your spec actually matters and in some instances can cost people (in some instances real money for plat revives etc...). Just my 2 cents and I know it's not worth much.

Heck - I played off tanks when I did play tanks ... in EQ I was a Paladin, and in DAOC I played a Scout - who would offtank if there wasn't a Merc available, thus I get the appeal of that class, it's just not available here - the group dynamics just don't support having two tanks in a group.

Like you said though - you like solo - so... when you find Bael solo... you know who to look up right?

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

@alri - I understand that deviating from my class's main purpose would earn much err and criticism from the traditional players of this game. I also agree that going full tank on a warrior is the best (and easiest) way to do it. I say easiest because there are tons of ways and guides on how to do it. That's why, like Taejo, I am experimenting and looking for ways to make an alternative build to my class.

With my current build, I am able to tank (normal) Bloodhammer and Maneater with ease. I am not aiming to tank elite bosses since I know that would be far from possible with my build. I know what its strengths and weaknesses are. And if ever (Elite) Bael would present himself, well... i'll try to kill him. If I can't then there's always my guildmates who are there to help me (and go berserk whenever they hear the words "Bael here!"), If we still can't then we won't bother.

• Azgauth • Warrior •

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

best build if u r doing solo or with a real tank.
    it gains u killing speed while soloing comparing to traditional bulky negligible tank.
    also u should mention earlier that it is for solo purpose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rajnikanth View Post
    best build if u r doing solo or with a real tank.
    it gains u killing speed while soloing comparing to traditional bulky negligible tank.
    also u should mention earlier that it is for solo purpose.
    uhmm... I think I did... apologies if I didn't.

• Azgauth • Warrior •

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

UPDATE: My current stats.

Name:  stats.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  54.1 KB

No Mythics, no arcanes.

Buffed by VB, Ribbit, and SS of potency effect

• Azgauth • Warrior •

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Lol u need plan d.
    Might full
    Durable full
    Damage full
    Skills:
    Ss 4/5
    Wm 3/5
    Vb 5/5
    Horn of renew 3/5

Anyway Im using a hybrid build and its usefull:
    All str
    Use ss 4/5 leave the mana gain
    Use cs 2/5 choose staggering blow
    Use horn of renew 3/5 increased duration and protective shield
    Use vb full
    Passives full might /full dmg/full agility/3 knowledge/3 armor or 3 crit
    And summon valkin.

U need a special tactic for this build ..which is :
    Hit ur target with ss(charged) - normal hit (charged)-sp hit (charged) - normal hit(charged)-ss hit (charged)-normal hit (charged) etc...
    In this way u will save mana and u dont need to wait other skills to regain ,no wasting time!.
    Have fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Since you want to be different may I suggest
    ss - 4 (no mana return)
    wm - 4 (no slow)
    vb - 5
    rc - 5
    might - 5
    knowledge - 5
    agility - 5
    damage - 2

Focus on items that gives more damage, some epic items gives better damage than pinks.
    Last edited by Ninthplague; 09-09-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Show your stats without buffs now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

No offense, but people like you give off tanks a bad name. I consider myself (currently) as an off tank but I realize I will never compare to a rouge I dealing damage. If you want to solo 100% of the time have fun dying as you quote "could care less about" sound a bit like you have almost no elite APs. Additionally, mages are best at soloing non elite maps for the most part. Maybe a single op game is more your speed.

PS: why did you pick warrior as your class? It seems you picked the one you thought looked cool and blindly expected to be built like a rouge/mage (the other two class which deal much more damage).