Thread: OFF TANK Warrior Build Inquiry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo View Post
    Let's just say I got tired of being one of the supporting roles in the party.
    I thought I might chime in here mate from the perspective of a rogue and this is one of the points I think that's really striking me as odd...

So - basically what you're saying is you want to be the primary role in a party from what I gather here? supporting role lends me to believe you feel as though your job is a secondary job compared to what everyone else is doing... correct me if I'm wrong... and by everyone else I mean rogues and mages.

So here goes:
    To help you out here... you're not a supporting role. You're a primary role. If anyone is support, it's rogues and mages...

Think of it this way:
    Can a nonmythic non-pro group run Skull cove without a Tank? No
    Can a nonmythic non-pro group run Skull Cove without a Rogue? Yes (just bring a tank and three mages)
    Can a nonmythic non-pro group run Skull Cove without a Mage? Yes (just bring three rogues)
    Can a nonmythic non-pro group run Skull Cove with only Tanks? Yes Albeit i'm sure it would be slow - it would be possible

Second point:
    I used to play a tank well as DPS in a number of different games... Don't be offended, I'm saying this with the utmost love and respect for my fellows who tank by my side and take the hits so I can dish them out... ahem Kill and Crow And King when you're not in your dress

Tanks DPS is just never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever going to reach anywhere near what a rogue and mage can output. You can be a high damage output tank - but realistically Dots and AOEs included - rogues and mages dish out somewhere in the realm of 10k per second with large crowds even small crowds are getting like 3k per second, heck maybe more - since there's no log as Taejo pointed out - it's hard to tell.

So... I dunno - hope I added some value - I love seeing people running with theoretical specs and trying to determine the best ways to run. So... option - C - from me
    Last edited by Alrisaia; 07-30-2013 at 03:57 PM.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    Can a nonmythic non-pro group run Skull Cove with only Tanks? Yes Albeit i'm sure it would be slow - it would be possible
    I do agree with you about tank, that's why I play warrior.

But I tried skull cove with 3 warriors + 1 rogue(no mythics for anyone), but we couldn't finish it.
    Every time rogue got killed(she didn't have plats to revive), boss recover its hp back. We spent 2 hours and gave up when the boss reached full hp for 3rd time. Warrior dmg is just too bad. -_-
    Sorry for random post. Just sharing my experience.
    Aegis

Forum Adept Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj View Post

But I tried skull cove with 3 warriors + 1 rogue(no mythics for anyone), but we couldn't finish it.
    Every time rogue got killed(she didn't have plats to revive), boss recover its hp back. We spent 2 hours and gave up when the boss reached full hp for 3rd time. Warrior dmg is just too bad. -_-
    I dunno if there's a time limit in killing bosses but based on my own experience, you can take hours in killing them just don't take them too far from their respawn point or else there will come a time that they will run back to where they originally appeared back with full health. Regardless if your damage is good or not.

• Azgauth • Warrior •

Capt. A: We need a plan of attack!
    Stark: I have a plan... Attack!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Hey mate, heres my suggestion.
    Its prob what i would do in your situation and i fully get your ideals. As a pure tank in training @lv25 and after playing for a month randomly Ive noticed sometimes a string tuggin on my heart to be able to deal out the damage even a mage can dish. After sweeping an area solo in an agonising amount of time when not able or keen to look for a full party, a random rogue or mage can clean up in seconds right! But warriors role is pretty specific in a (free) game like this that isnt as vast/expansive as WoW or D2 with many classes and options to branch out into DPS or Tank.
    Option i would look at after thinking about them from day one is how would you like to help the party or mainly the pure tank as an off-tank right?
    You already know that as a DPS warrior you can solo mob sets and low class bosses through Elite (talking about PvE) maps but I think a combo which includes SS/CS/HOR/VB would benefit a party. HOR has the best taunt Ive seen and matched with full VB will def keep you/party alive long enough for Tank to return. Your base health is v high so equip to high DPS/dex wep for dodge/crit. So what is left? deal the damage you are looking for and dont waste the party's slot, alternate between CS/SS then hit pots and switch between your +mana pets, making sure you have HOR/VB in reserve for the next usage.
    I guess WM is an option for your solo adventures to hit many mobs but damage so low in boss party and PvP its pretty useless for DPS, i mean the buffs from CS/SS to me outweigh multiple mob hits. Im thinking also to better utilise skill points to might/damage passives.
    P.S. just reminiscing: I used to play text based MUD RPG and had a DPS knight class which was slightly more damage dealing and less tanking than Juggernaut class (pure tank) and could branch off into either DPS or tank. I went DPS and same deal, could not for the life of me hold higher boss class as opposed to people who chose tank branch and could not hit as hard but could outtank the life outta anything alive (or undead). So Im coming from the other end of the spectrum and the solo life lead not being able to use the prescribed tanking abilities. Putting everything into DPS just would not achieve the satisfaction that using your class to true potential holds. I recommend having something in reserve for those situations when you are called upon to relieve a lagging pure tank, since you already have the base pure stats (thinking you may be starting to put stats into dex now?) like adding Jugg to SS/CS/HOR/VB with rest into passives.
    Like i said mate, this is just my 2 cents and thanks for listening to me voice opinion.
    I really hope you find what you are looking for and please let us know how you are going.
    Ads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj View Post

if u want to kill bloodhammer with a warrior class then warrior should hav AT skill.

also need a bow rogue with AS skill

and a mage with arcane shield.

i solo or in group kill blood hammer easily coz of AT feeble+armour debuff . and i use guapo as it has 5% speed+ it also debufff armour in both his arcane and passive ability making me or party do more dmg so as to make up his hp regen.