Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Nox Bolt Box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can you please post a video about showing this Nox Bolt Box.

blaze5786

^ yes please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Unfortunately I'm unable to demonstrate this tech with my new build but if you send me a friend req I can show it to you.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

blaze5786

Mk accept my friend request man, ign jminoxious

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Unfortunately I'm unable to demonstrate this tech with my new build but if you send me a friend req I can show it to you.
    Friend request has been sent to you.

Nick=zabahakadar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

When I read this post month ago I really make sense to me but now I got one question.
    Why do we care about nox box? because nox damage is stacking
    Just Stick to thick crowd- stand still and spam charged nox - dps from nox would be same.
    Last edited by bhutkeyur; 11-30-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Awesome help Zuz! It rly does help to have it brought to mind. I was alrdy doing "the box" subconsciously but now that its brought to mind I think it I have refined my nox + net combo.

-Vys

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Vystirch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Question Zuzeq you helped me change my whole way of thinking about LV36 rogue skills...

I've given up the spinning blades and piercing. It's taken practice but now I charge nox almost half the time and add it into the normal rotation the rest of the time ie. just hit the button. I'm running with a setup similar to in zeus's guide to farming shuyal. I've gotten the veil down (everyone appreciates this esp tank warriors) now and charged nox. The one thing I still haven't seem to have perfected is the trap setting. Any suggestions to setting traps?

The reason I ask is because it usually seems like many of the mobs just walk around the traps to get at me! I'm almost thinking of giving up trap skill... but I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet. Thanks for your insight.

Vys if you get online sometime I'd like to see ur netting / nox in action :^}
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

10. The Following User Says Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Traps are good for specific kinds of runs.

Elite seas where the guys jump aboard all along the side of the boat and try to stay just out of reach. Plant yourself where they land in the middle and set as many traps as it lets you, while keeping a nice veil up. When the traps work, they'll pull all those annoying gunners right into your lap where you can go stab-happy on them.

Oltgar and Hall of Valheim are excellent for traps, since the mobs are in nice sized groups. Suck them in and plant a veil around them. Traps don't always work when or as we'd like. But when they do pull, especially at the right moment - it's a beautiful thing.

Places in Shuyal like Undim Fields - droip them around the statues when you're bringing the globe-guys in to unshield. That will keep them in killable form so you can get them killed faster.

If you're running with a Whim user, you can dump traps after the whims do their pull. This is very effective since they try to run away, but you can trap them once they are pre-gathered. Takes a bit of teamwork, but it can be effective.

Most normal maps (where mobs die quickly) and places with very spread-out mobs are not so good for this skill. This is why for PvE rogues I suggest speccing 5 skills. Aim / Nox / Pierce / Trap / Veil - then you can mix and match and always have a great skill set to benefit your team. If another rogue shows up with traps, you can wrap your veil around them, and if they come up smoking, pull out your traps to complement their addition.

These are just a few examples, there are tons of places to make great use of this skill. Don't bother with the explode addon for either trap or veil - both are a waste of a point.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    I've given up the spinning blades and piercing. It's taken practice but now I charge nox almost half the time and add it into the normal rotation the rest of the time ie. just hit the button. I'm running with a setup similar to in zeus's guide to farming shuyal. I've gotten the veil down (everyone appreciates this esp tank warriors) now and charged nox. The one thing I still haven't seem to have perfected is the trap setting. Any suggestions to setting traps?

The reason I ask is because it usually seems like many of the mobs just walk around the traps to get at me! I'm almost thinking of giving up trap skill... but I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet. Thanks for your insight.

Vys if you get online sometime I'd like to see ur netting / nox in action :^}
    I tried build without Blender but I feel like naked in hard-core maps.

I combine Nox Box with firing the Blader, running into the middle of mobs (relocating if they spit out goo), hitting pet arcane (Talon and Ribbit are great, as is Sam with his Banish, or armor debuffing pets) and spamming AS and Nox in various directions. When Blader expires, I change to Nox Box technique, waiting for RS to cool down.

The reason why Blender works so great is its dodge boost. it's effectiveness is of course lower in maps where the mobs tend to fire heavy blows from a distance (Kraken).

I think we all speak about the same thing, there are only differences according to our playstyles (and also perhaps devices we play on, e.g. I am a PC user and it's no problem for me to move and spam pots in the same time).

I will admit, I never got used to traps, the pull chance is too low for me and I don't want to switch neither for Nox, nor for Blader. Ol' good Alri tried to persuade me to switch for traps but I always returned to Nox build. Bad bad Queen
    Last edited by KingMartin; 02-06-2014 at 07:49 AM.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Nice guide as always Zu! Im always looking forward youre guilds and helps,maybe this way new/old rogues learn more.I think it's helpfull
    Take care and cya in game!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Aziiii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

PL has an official term for that circling tactic:

Strafe: Strafing is the technique of moving around a target in a circle while facing it. Circle strafing allows a player to fire continuously at an opponent while dodging counterattacks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azemen View Post
    PL has an official term for that circling tactic:

Strafe: Strafing is the technique of moving around a target in a circle while facing it. Circle strafing allows a player to fire continuously at an opponent while dodging counterattacks.
    This strategy is a bit more tactical than Strafing. The purpose of the NoxBox is to keep everything contained within poisoned.

A Strafing strategy will only lead to the poisoning of the lead handful of mobs - the trailing mobs will be unaffected. If you use a variation of the Strafing strategy, alternating between clockwise and counter clockwise circling, you can keep the maximum of 6 targets poisoned at all times, which will ultimately clear the pack faster than a straightforward Strafe. But, the key to this is to maximize the number of targets affected by DoT.

Especially in group play, if your tank can keep a pack close together, I prefer to use an X pattern. Poison from one corner, run through the pack to the opposite side and Nox again, reposition again to Nox, then cut through the pack and poison. Imagine going from NW -> SE -> NE -> SW. This will allow you to drop smoke in the middle of the mob (helping the entire party), fire off Aimed (which adds to total damage output), and gives you the opportunity to use Pierce. Without the ability to Pierce (which is the case when Strafing), you lose 33% (25% if your fourth skill is Smoke or Medic) of your potential damage output.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post: