Thread: Mythic sword and shield at lvl36

Xxxxzero

Default Mythic sword and shield at lvl36

Will the mythic sword and shield still be good at lvl 36? Seems like the armor and hp are good, but the damage seems a little low to possibly compare to what lvl 36 weapons should be at? Any thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Mythic Armor and Helmet are the only thing we're planning to upgrade and you have to have both in order to do so.

The current Mythic weapons should still be the best of their kind in this next expansion. If they're not, we'll think about buffing them. The goal has always been that Mythic items should be top of the line for one more expansion after they are released and Arcane items for two expansions. However, we never intended to upgrade them beyond that and have never said we would do so, with the exception of the Armor and Helmet.
    That should answer the question..

Besides the mythic warrior weapon is a tanking weapon, not a damage dealer.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

I imagine the mythic weapons will get a buff. Idk about sorc gun but for rogue and warrio, there weps are almost on par with current 31 weps so
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xcainnblecterx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    I imagine the mythic weapons will get a buff. Idk about sorc gun but for rogue and warrio, there weps are almost on par with current 31 weps so
    If the two get buffed, so will sorcerer. Have u noticed that it is VERY difficult to pvp on sorc without a runic? It has op dmg for a reason
    AL: BAT~HAM 0_O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx:1206841
    Bonechill bow of potency has around 4 dmg less than mythic bow - itll need a huge buff at L36
    Credits to Iady

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xbuddyjosh View Post
    If the two get buffed, so will sorcerer. Have u noticed that it is VERY difficult to pvp on sorc without a runic? It has op dmg for a reason
    Yes ive noticed. I have a good.feeling about sorcs this next expansion tho
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

It'll be hard to Guage the Mythic sword because it's a tanking weapon, but the damage is laughable currently. The mythic bow I thought would have been awesome to own, god does it underwhelm even now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Sorc gun seems effective in it's own way, bow should definitely be buffed, not nearly as good as it should be, especially considering it should be top notch gear still at 36, but sword is very very very effective weapon. You can roll your ent hammers and staff but you'll never get anywhere near rogue/sorc dmg output. Now taking look into actual tanking weapons, except for a mythic sword, there are actually none as nearly as effective. Northrern Tower is fairly ok weapon, but doesnt provide 1/5 of a tanking ability of myth sword. It has huge hp and armor boost, it has discussable dmg, and it has massive AOE stun. Try taking 3 skill with taunt effects and gathering large group of Nordr/Kraken mobs and keep constant taunt on them. With just one good mage beside you HOR, you shouldnt have any problems, drinking just occasional pot. Do that with hammers/abyssals, you'll prolly break your finger hitting pot button.. And considering rising amount of one-hit bosses even for warriors, and mobs being more and more pain in the a** in each new expansion, you should consider keeping/grabbing myth sword for coming expansion. My 2 cents..
    Last edited by Insomniack; 08-02-2013 at 09:35 PM. Reason: sh*** grammar

AL: Insomniack [lvl36 Warrior]
    PL: Skitbang [lvl16 Bear]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Notice how the bow gives you 2% crit.
    That 2% is noticable.
    As for the dmg, you bought a bow, you seem rich enough to buy a FANG OF FENIR too

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Everything balances out in the long run... In case anyone has noticed, yes the runic is the most powerful of the mythic weapons. But....the sorcerer helm is the worst (by far) of any of the mythic helms. It wasn't even the best level 26 helm as the sealord effigy of security actually had better stats. And at level 31, the noble sorcerer helms have more than 50+ armor than the mythic helm. We also have the worst mythic armor (although by a smaller margin than the helm). So instead we have the best weapon and amulet.

Obviously the developers preferred if sorcerers were the damage dealers but were more squishy. They gave us lousy helm and armor, but good weapon and damage. They either need to keep it that way for the next campaign, or else change it. If they were to buff the warrior and rogue mythic weapons (but not the sorcerer weapon), then I fully expect that the upgraded level 36 sorcerer armor and helm will be on par with the rogue and warrior armor and helm and not have much worse stats as they currently do.

All you have to do is to look at the pvp leaderboards for CTF & TDM to be able to tell sorcerers are not even close to being OP. We are dead last among the 3 classes on the leaderboards in just about every category.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Mythic weapon damage sucks now, of course it's damage will suck at lv 36.

But that's not what it's for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The problem is if it is just a bit better than northern tower of some kind at level 36 which worth a few hundred gold only, it will be a shame. Better sell them while they still worth something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Comparing northern tower from 26 to 31, I still think it will not nearly match myth sword still at 36. Especially huge additional hp which it provides. But yeah, dmg is already problem on it, it will be even more on 36. As for a bow, I still think that 2% crit won't make it top notch gear on 36, as it is intended to be. That's just my opinion, I could be terribly wrong.

AL: Insomniack [lvl36 Warrior]
    PL: Skitbang [lvl16 Bear]