-_-
    Farm... Farm... Wooo dropped a crate! 14k 14 feeds later. fck

Besides i hate farming -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I appreciate this thread. I'd like to provide my perspective on the matter:

1) I agree, pets can be very expensive to maintain. Keep in consideration that owning a mythic/arcane pet gives players an obvious advantage over NPCs in PvE and other players in PvP. That's the price you have to pay for owning the best pets, in my opinion. However, I do think that the diminishing happiness of all rarities of pets needs to be increased a little.

2) Paying for pots on top of feeding pets can make farming rather expensive - especially if luck isn't on your side some days. Let's all be glad that we don't have to pay for armor repairs as well! I think the more reasonable solution to this problem, rather than lowering the cost of potions and pet feedings, is to simply increase gold drops in maps, especially elite maps. Also, keep in mind that daily quests are around for a reason - to help pay for your daily expenses. You need to do these! Monkey Ball, Aegir Island, and Miner Problem are three very quick daily quests that net 1,750 gold. This game needs more quests like these, however.

3) I feel that the obligated expenses of owning a pet only foster motivation in players to learn to use more than just one pet. I am a huge advocate of using 'underrated' pets for PvE. There are many fantastic pets within your grasp to add to your arsenal. Don't undermine the pets you don't use just because they don't have "the best stats" at first glance. Learn what each pet does, both passively and via it's arcane ability, before judging it. Guess what? Recently I started using Dart in the Arena - that's right, Dart . See Gluttony's pet guide for more details on pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    -_-
    Farm... Farm... Wooo dropped a crate! 14k 14 feeds later. fck

Besides i hate farming -.-
    MMORPG is a very demanding genre of gaming. These types of games often seem like they incorporate "second jobs" within them, i.e. farming gold to pay a pet. I'm sorry to say it like this, but if you don't enjoy accruing currency to maintain a powerful status within the game, then perhaps MMORPGs are not right for you. AL takes a high level of commitment to "stay the best". I'm sure you know this quite well, though.
    Last edited by Taejo; 08-03-2013 at 01:52 PM. Reason: grammar