Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: regarding the scammers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default regarding the scammers

hi our lovely AL programmers,,

1. For suggestion, may need put some 'timer' option on transaction/trade, so when the payment or stuff out of agreement it can returnable,,, may 5 mins,,, or else,,, (guaranty opt,)

2. also, many ppl distrust others, coz sometime players borrow other players stuff and not give it back to the owner of stuff,,, i believe the game system has a log activity data for each player, so it can be easy to trace, hope my friends who have been scammed can get their stuff back ,,,, *I hope STS can help with,,,

one of my friend told me that he wanna stop playing when kind like this not resolved,,, coz he think, it means game hasnot safety,,,,

thanks, hope we can solve something here
    Last edited by braverock; 08-03-2013 at 05:22 PM.

AL.GUILD.<<<Government Of Anarchy>>> "Come All Become One!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by braverock View Post
    hi our lovely AL programmers,,

1. For suggestion, may need put some 'timer' option on transaction/trade, so when the payment or stuff out of agreement it can returnable,,, may 5 mins,,, or else,,, (guaranty opt,)

2. also, many ppl distrust others, coz sometime players borrow other players stuff and not give it back to the owner of stuff,,, i believe the game system has a log activity data for each player, so it can be easy to trace, hope my friends who have been scammed can get their stuff back ,,,,

one of my friend told me that he wanna stop playing when kind like this not resolved,,, coz he think, it means game hasnot safety,,,,

thanks, hope we can solve something here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Oh Please! Look, You can't do anything about Scammers the only way to avoid them is using your own common sense and to just report the player or ignore them. There is no other way STS can change Scammers in anyway because Scammers will never change. STS can't ban every single player just because they are suspicious of illicit activities. If you've been scammed, it's your own fault and you should of used your brain in the first place. That's the price you get for messing around with people who call you their 'Friends' when they really just want your items and gold. There is no point of STS installing like Scam detectors and other ideas you members are trying to implement. I understand you are trying to help but there is no use for it. It's never gonna happen!
    AL: Mfkaz - Level 31 (Warrior) l Megan Fox <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Spoken like a true scammer ^

Most of your posts could use a little more tact. This particular post... Unnecessary and absurd.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Rare; 08-03-2013 at 01:28 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post

Most of your posts could use a little more tact. This particular post... Unnecessary and absurd.

I spoke like a true scammer?. I dispise scammers and wish scamming never existed. Did you even read what I wrote at the end?. I understood where this member was coming from and I understood he was trying to help and I'm sure players know that having anti-scam solutions wouldn't make a difference. I hate scammers myself and calling me a scammer was not very nice of you. And you say my post was absurd? Well take a look at yours first before you even try aiming anything at me. I'm just trying to get my point out here all posts are Necessary in a way. So there's no point at pointing the finger at me..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MfKaz View Post
    . There is no point of STS installing like Scam detectors and other ideas you members are trying to implement.!
    Yeah. I read what you wrote.

And I read a lot of your other troll posts too.

Its a big problem in al. More than any of their other games. And your solution is to turn a blind eye?

Some "scams" aren't scams at all. Some scams take advantage of people and exploit flaws in the system. Like when there are 10 consecutive digits with no separator.

Be part of the solution, not the problem.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Scamming wouldn't be a problem if people weren't gullable and easily trusting someone or just too lazy to inspect the whole trade situation.

You can't simply stop scam cuz it's mostly everywhere but what u can do is be more careful, and report the player, simple as that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swords View Post
    Scamming wouldn't be a problem if people weren't gullable and easily trusting someone or just too lazy to inspect the whole trade situation.

You can't simply stop scam cuz it's mostly everywhere but what u can do is be more careful, and report the player, simple as that
    Actually, adding separators would fix it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Yeah. I read what you wrote.

And I read a lot of your other troll posts too.

Its a big problem in al. More than any of their other games. And your solution is to turn a blind eye?

Some "scams" aren't scams at all. Some scams take advantage of people and exploit flaws in the system. Like when there are 10 consecutive digits with no separator.

Be part of the solution, not the problem.

Troll posts? Well I never knew my posts where Fantasy Creatures. I'm part of the solution to get rid of scamming no doubt about that. The reason I said it is because STS won't implement them. They've ignored what others have written that would be a good idea for AL. I knew STS wouldn't implement them that's why.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

The reason I said it is because STS won't implement them.
    Oh, I totally got that from the line I quoted above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Oh Please! Look, You can't do anything about Scammers the only way to avoid them is using your own common sense and to just report the player or ignore them. There is no other way STS can change Scammers in anyway because Scammers will never change. STS can't ban every single player just because they are suspicious of illicit activities. If you've been scammed, it's your own fault and you should of used your brain in the first place. That's the price you get for messing around with people who call you their 'Friends' when they really just want your items and gold. There is no point of STS installing like Scam detectors and other ideas you members are trying to implement. I understand you are trying to help but there is no use for it. It's never gonna happen!
    ok bro, this is just a problem matters and suggestion, so if it cant implement decision is not on urs, let them decide, at least we told what happen and what we need, coz my friends that has been scammed, all are love this game, playing alot, and also spent alot of real money for their stuff / characters,, so better we have 'something' before it happened again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

As a merchant, often times I only buy an item if I have already found a buyer. So I will buy an item and then sell it 2 minutes later. Having to wait in order to sell it can ruin this as the more time that goes by, the more likely someone is to change their mind. I have already gotten stuck with items in the past, I don't need a system where it increases the chance of that happening. There is a confirmation screen for a reason -- that is your chance to decide whether or not you want to back out. Problem is nobody actually reads the confirmation screen.

Here's an idea..... Maybe the confirmation screen should have a 15 second timer, and you can't choose "accept" until the 15 second timer runs out. Then players would actually be forced to look at the confirmation screen for a few seconds and read the transaction, and they will see if the right amount of gold and items are there.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Commas would help the whole missing zero issue with trades and underlisting in cs. However most of the "omgz I wuz scammered" threads tend to be people either getting greedy (attempting to double up items buying things at far too low of a price) or people lending items out. Bottom line any of these proposed changes would be too resource consuming to be practical.

Bottom line I'd rather have new content and a smooth running game than a bunch of safety protocols to protect those without a shred of common sense
    Just my 2 plat

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by braverock View Post
    ok bro, this is just a problem matters and suggestion, so if it cant implement decision is not on urs, let them decide, at least we told what happen and what we need, coz my friends that has been scammed, all are love this game, playing alot, and also spent alot of real money for their stuff / characters,, so better we have 'something' before it happened again.
    I'm not saying the decision is one me. All I'm just saying is that these scam free systems won't be implemented I know of it. How many threads have you seen about scamming system that have actually been implemented? Just honestly tell me? I want to stop scamming myself & I have lost several items I spent loads of money on. I'd like a system to be implemented but I know it won't happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    As a merchant, often times I only buy an item if I have already found a buyer. So I will buy an item and then sell it 2 minutes later. Having to wait in order to sell it can ruin this as the more time that goes by, the more likely someone is to change their mind. I have already gotten stuck with items in the past, I don't need a system where it increases the chance of that happening. There is a confirmation screen for a reason -- that is your chance to decide whether or not you want to back out. Problem is nobody actually reads the confirmation screen.

Here's an idea..... Maybe the confirmation screen should have a 15 second timer, and you can't choose "accept" until the 15 second timer runs out. Then players would actually be forced to look at the confirmation screen for a few seconds and read the transaction, and they will see if the right amount of gold and items are there.
    i see, thats why i call this is an 'option' on trade screen, so players can choose they need to use it or not when trading,,,,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Commas would help the whole missing zero issue with trades and underlisting in cs. However most of the "omgz I wuz scammered" threads tend to be people either getting greedy (attempting to double up items buying things at far too low of a price) or people lending items out. Bottom line any of these proposed changes would be too resource consuming to be practical.

Bottom line I'd rather have new content and a smooth running game than a bunch of safety protocols to protect those without a shred of common sense
    yes agreed,, indeed, 'commas' needed aswell,,, our own eyes are 'true scammers'
    Last edited by braverock; 08-03-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I'm not saying the decision is one me. All I'm just saying is that these scam free systems won't be implemented I know of it. How many threads have you seen about scamming system that have actually been implemented? Just honestly tell me? I want to stop scamming myself & I have lost several items I spent loads of money on. I'd like a system to be implemented but I know it won't happen.
    ok , let them decide,,,, may they need to make simple 'guide' about this... when someone been scammed, ppl sometimes just mad, not playing anymore, coz they don't know what todo next....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I spoke like a true scammer?. I dispise scammers and wish scamming never existed. Did you even read what I wrote at the end?. I understood where this member was coming from and I understood he was trying to help and I'm sure players know that having anti-scam solutions wouldn't make a difference. I hate scammers myself and calling me a scammer was not very nice of you. And you say my post was absurd? Well take a look at yours first before you even try aiming anything at me. I'm just trying to get my point out here all posts are Necessary in a way. So there's no point at pointing the finger at me..
    Sorry to bring this thread up again. All I can say is this:
    Don't worry you got my word :').
    Hi Mfkaz, you said you can't log in because you're with your mom but I'm glad you got in right after we exchange private messages. You may have gotten my message. Also, can you please explain this screenshot I got for you?

He owes me by the way. I hope we'll meet in-game soon and accept my invites.

My IGN: Marshi (Mage), Xhu (Warrior) | Click here to see my signature artworks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

If he doesn't send me a pm.I'll show that thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I'm honestly not surprised