Thread: Normal item packs are over priced

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Normal item packs are over priced

The normal item packs are over priced for what you get. 4 items with three being white trash items and maybe one yellow or green. In addition I have never ever gotten a single pink from any of the normal item packs.

I have real job and can not farm for 10 hours a day for the gold needed to buy a decent pink. I thought the item packs were designed to equip a casual player well enough to enjoy playing the next level.

The real purpose of the item packs is to get me to spend platinum on the super rare chance I might get something good. All they are is a platinum sink and a way to rip me off.

A fair price of 5 platinum for a 50% chance at a pink and a guaranteed three yellows or better would be more fair. The other option would be to make the drops in the first level of a campaign much better if you are the appropriate level for the start of the campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

there is a 50% chance u get a pink know
    Quote Originally Posted by Punktate View Post
    Friends are overrated, acquaintances ftw.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...rs/troll-1.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicdevyn View Post
    there is a 50% chance u get a pink know
    Just spent 120 platinum on 3 level 40 enchantress item packs. 1 purple 2 green 2 yellow and three whites and one grey. You are thinking of the Halloween item packs which are a better deal that the normal item packs.

The normal item packs are a total rip off. And I was a fool for ever buying them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

To be honest, I think items packs should never drop whites or grays, and the 40 plat ones should be all greens and better (maybe even just purples and pinks). As long as they don't drop the most elite top tier items, there is nothing wrong with them dropping a good amount purps and pinks IMO.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I mistakenly bough an item pack (I had intended to buy the Halloween pack) and the items given were worthless. Even the orange item was below anything that I could buy.

The caution that I will give people is that you can get better deals by farming for gold and buying what you need from players than to purchase an item pack (waste of platinum). Even when you open up an issue ticket with Pocket Legends, they state that they will provide no refunds.

**So take this as a warning, the gear item packs are worthless and a waste of your platinum**

If you instead spend 25 platinum to get 5000 gold, you can fully equip your character in purple/pinks for levels up to 45.
    Last edited by Akashin; 10-26-2010 at 06:16 PM.