Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Beware of Signature Scamming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Exclamation Beware of Signature Scamming

This is not new and as a signature designer, I've been dealing with quite a few scammers and unfortunately, ended up losing them and they got away with it.

I'd like to keep this short as possible.

As most of you knows, I've won a contest held by a warrior. Upon claiming, he told me do a 2nd one and handed it to him. He's using the same sig as of this moment.

Then BS talks starts until he decided to ignore me in-game. I've heard from him he got kicked out from Chivalrous Union.

He said he can't log in coz her mom is sick until one of my guildmates sent a guild chat. Please see screen shot:

He's been online for hours and fortunately, was able to meet him through my other toon. I easily got him to respond in an instant by convincing him that I needed to transfer warrior vanity sets to my other toon.

I hope this won't happen to everyone. This should be a lesson for all of us. This will serve as a warning to those people who do part-time work in making signatures to sustain their toons. This is very risky.

Before that, here's a message of the scammer for everyone:
    Name:  lol.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  209.0 KB

Source: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1208159
    Last edited by marshmallow; 08-04-2013 at 12:15 PM.

My IGN: Marshi (Mage), Xhu (Warrior) | Click here to see my signature artworks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to marshmallow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Marsh (s)he's probably a scammer.Tho it's just a sig...at least it wasn't something valuable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Ofc I told Avaree to boot that Scammer, i don't care. Beware of that 'user' he tried to scam me also but he will pay for his betrayal tricks.

Bring Delph here! And don't tell me there's no place to talk bout scamming, the ppl from sts who r 'handling' bannin scammers and insulters are just sittin in their warm chairs. Do somethin! Do not let the good, and TRUSTWORTHY person like Marshmallow bein scammed by someone like that... one..

Yolo.. yes it was.. You don't know cuz you don't make sigs... Marshi has paid by her tears and time to deal with this awful scammer, she kicked me btw, i deserved that but i had to help her. Marshi has been hurt in awful way, do not let ppl forget bout it..

I can put screens from my PM s from him... I will, wait.
    Last edited by Deadroth; 08-04-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MfKaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadroth
    Come to game to pt wid me bro.
    Bro, My battery died and I got bad news. My mum is really ill :'(((.

LOL There i hav a proof you r scammer.

Don't lie. I will report you to dev.
    I would never scam in my whole damn life. Marsh hasn't been on the whole day while I was waiting for her. I have her gold I will give it to her and also your gold too.
    Nope. That is too much. You have to come and show me that gold you have for marshi or i will report you to dev for scamming poor marshi..
    How is it too much? And why would I scam Marshi? She is such a nice member I would never do such a thing. You all think I'm lying when I'm telling the god damn truth. And if I was scamming her, Why would I hold the contest in the first place?. I would of just made a sig myself but I wasn't bothered. I'll show you her gold when I come on and prove you all wrong. When someones telling the truth, you shouldn't blame that person for lying after doing all this. I made a promise and I keep my promises I never break them. When she comes on, I'll give it straight away without hesitation.
    I am hangin your word... You would scam her cuz you wanted a sig by her but you don't wanna pay for it... Also I am curious why the hell you didn't tell me about the illness of your mother b4? Now it sounds like you try to scam even me... Lets say i belive you.. But if you won't fulfill the word you gave to marshi that will be your last scam in al. Yknow what? She is mad at me cuz of You! She cries cuz she thinks you scamming her without mercy... Give her reward asap... I have my eye on you..
    Look if you really think I'm scamming her, then I would of never held the contest. I would never scam in my whole damn life. I dispise scammers and I wish they never exsisted. i will give her reward asap and i promise you she will be happy again. just take my word for it and I promise you that she will get her reward. If you don't believe me that's your choice but I'd like you to know I'm not a lier, scammer, cheater nor hacker. I was a Moderator on my previous forum and I had to leave due to some family matters. I didn't tell you because if I told you, you wouldn't of believed me and would think I'm an absolute joke. I'm not lying, I'm telling the absolute truth her. I've been scammed and I hate scammers to my guts.
    We will see. If marshi will have her gold i will forgot bout whole situation.
    I swear on my god damn life she will. I didn't mean to upset anyone in anyway at all.
    Here is message from yesterday. He told me he has gold for marsh so i told him to show it to me to proof he isn't gilty.
    Last edited by Deadroth; 08-04-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Making sigs always have an effort and time consume so i think this must be not ignore. As a signature maker too its so sad and disappointing that after all the works you've done it will end up to nothing. Perhaps marsh you should have add a new rule on your signature shop that pay half first / make sig with some SAMPLE transparent word / pay full / Get the Full sig.

Really disappointing on those people ....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SkyDagger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Email support (support@spacetimestudios.com) and basically just copy + paste this thread in your ticket. No need to post it on the forums.

EDIT: I believe saying the word "damn" is infraction-able on the forums too. As I was reading some of the "scammer's" posts, he used that word quite a lot.
    Last edited by Roberto077; 08-04-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    Email support (support@spacetimestudios.com) and basically just copy + paste this thread in your ticket. No need to post it on the forums.
    Already did but it's weekend. No office. This also serves as a warning to fellow signature makers like me. If you guys spent hours on your toons, it's same with making signatures plus it requires skills.

We've met after being invited in his guild but got kicked after confessing his faults in front of his guildmaster.
    Name:  we-met.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  173.4 KB
    Last edited by marshmallow; 08-04-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadroth View Post
    Here is message from yesterday. He told me he has gold for marsh so i told him to show it to me to proof he isn't gilty.
    A moderator of a previous forum wouldn't use vulgar language or hold signature contests since you can't fit a picture in a trading box.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    Already did but it's weekend. No office. This also serves as a warning to fellow signature makers like me. If you guys spent hours on your toons, it's same with making signatures plus it requires skills.

We've met after being invited in his guild but got kicked after confessing his faults in front of his guildmaster.
    Name:  we-met.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  173.4 KB
    There is actually a weekend support. They hired someone about a month or two ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    A moderator of a previous forum wouldn't use vulgar language or hold signature contests since you can't fit a picture in a trading box.
    Which is why despite of possible trades from those pictures, I posted this as a reminder to those who thought that making sig is one way to get gold easily despite of its disadvantages.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    Which is why despite of possible trades from those pictures, I posted this as a reminder to those who thought that making sig is one way to get gold easily despite of its disadvantages.
    Agree, i really hope not only banned can apply for a scam on signature contest just too make our efforts on making those goes to nothing.
    But still roberto said let's wait for a reply on sts support about these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Sorry to hear this is happening to someone like you, Marsh. Hope it all ends well.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDagger View Post
    Agree, i really hope not only banned can apply for a scam on signature contest just too make our efforts on making those goes to nothing.
    But still roberto said let's wait for a reply on sts support about these things.
    Whatever the results would be, I hope signature makers will be cautious now like asking downpayment or pay first. Scammers like them are capable of doing different tactics to fool us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Sorry to hear this is happening to someone like you, Marsh. Hope it all ends well.
    Thanks. This is frustrating though but won't stop me from making designs for you all and inspire fellow sig makers in this wonderful community as well.

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

And he just made a Goodbye thread today - little "too" suspicious if you ask me.
    Also I call bs with his mother, he's most likely just lying; maybe he just don't have the money atm or so (which I don't think so, because simple telling that you can't pay it at the moment is just easier).
    I suggest to put a deadline when he has to pay your prices marshi, plus your customers or contest hosts should at least post a pic with their money.

P.S. Interesting to see the contrast between his articulation ingame and on forums...

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Marsh has always been pro sig maker and Mfkaz you seriously should give the gold to marsh or else..~::{BAN~HAMMER}::~..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Y O L O View Post
    Marsh has always been pro sig maker and Mfkaz you seriously should give the gold to marsh or else..~::{BAN~HAMMER}::~..
    STS knows what's good for this game. Let's just hope this won't happen again to any of us.

Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig View Post
    And he just made a Goodbye thread today - little "too" suspicious if you ask me.
    Also I call bs with his mother, he's most likely just lying; maybe he just don't have the money atm or so (which I don't think so, because simple telling that you can't pay it at the moment is just easier).
    I suggest to put a deadline when he has to pay your prices marshi, plus your customers or contest hosts should at least post a pic with their money.

P.S. Interesting to see the contrast between his articulation ingame and on forums...
    There were players who were very honest and I just told them to save up until they have the right amount of money. No bs talks or lies. I will always try to understand as long as they keep their promises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow that guy was on my friends list too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Mkfaz was just online like 1 hour ago

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

So to avoid sig scammers just keep the original file until payment is made and post a watermarked sample of the sig for final approval. Once you have been paid pm the original art to to recipient.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to CrushOverride For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

im sorry to see this, marsh. ty for sharing it with us.

ps - ur sig rocks.
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends