Thread: Elite Necklaces

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Elite Necklaces

I was thinking the other day about Elite weapons and some ways to make them better. I know some people dislike them because they prefer to use say a 1-h weapon and a shield instead of a 2-h weapon. Other people don't like the high stat requirements on the items and have to change their stats just to use the elite weapons. After the elite weapons come out in a cap, many people buy them and have no use for the crafted weapons anymore. I thought that it would cool to have an alternative to elite weapons in the next cap. I remembered an rpg that I used to play when I was younger called Fate which had necklaces in addition to rings. I think it would be cool if the next cap had elite vanity necklaces instead of elite weapons. The vanity necklaces could have a lvl requirement but no stat requirement. This would allow all classes to use any elite necklace that they looted and would hopefully keep the prices about the same. The elite necklaces would be tradeable and wouldn't have any stats. Each necklace would instead have a cool proc that would be similar to the procs on the 71 elites. The procs could be things like a random chance to 1-hit kill an enemy, a 5 second mana and health shield that could appear once every 5 minutes, or protection against enemy debuffs so enemies couldn't lower any of your stats. Each new cap could have 3 new elite necklaces, each with cool procs. These would be cool because they would be able to be used just as effectively at any level. Elite weapons become a collector’s item after the next elite weapons come out and lose some of their effectiveness. The elite necklaces wouldn't have stats and the procs that they provide would stay the same, so they would be helpful no matter how many caps came out after them. They would be invisible like vanity rings, so they could instead color the ground below the player. You would be able to tell what vanity necklace a person was wearing by the colored circle below their feet. A red circle could stand for the 1-hit kill proc, purple could stand for the health/mana shield proc, and a white circle could stand for the debuff protection proc. This was just an idea I had that I thought a lot of people would like.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kcimythgim For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

As if having elite rings wasn't good enough...
    Reminds me of runescape...you could get a ring AND a necklace AND a cape for stats :/

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Transfer that suggestion to Arcane legends, Necklaces exist there
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Its PL, not AL.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.