Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: iPad Issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I saw a bit of lag I get that sometimes but IMO I just don't mind better then any iPod touch and iPhone IMO

Hope you sort out your problem
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icantgetkills View Post
    I saw a bit of lag I get that sometimes but IMO I just don't mind better then any iPod touch and iPhone IMO

Hope you sort out your problem
    Thanks.

I'm planning to either get used to the double pixel set up, or try and get used to the lagging aspect :P

I love the ipad playing though. Big screen and such, especially the typing! Just kinda disappointed on how small some icons are for the iPad. lol

Health/mana bars, potions, the dropdown menu from upper right.

Skills are awesome though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Agree. Though I think the 350ms is the lesser part, since on the phone its really fine.
    Perhaps, but why are some saying they don't get the slow frame rate like your movie and devs saying they don't get that (based close to servers?). perhaps higher pings cause more processor load as it tries to compensate by guessing positions or something, combines to cause worse frame rate? Don't know, but devs should believe that your movie is exactly how it is for many people.
    I've never known any different, always been exactly like your movie for me on iPad, never spent more than 30 seconds looking at the game in iPhone. Actually only ever been in town on phone, decided it was too small and went back to iPad.

Forrest maps were fine, since no one had skill spamming ability at low levels. By frozen it was really bad, since everyone had skills to burn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    Perhaps, but why are some saying they don't get the slow frame rate like your movie and devs saying they don't get that (based close to servers?). perhaps higher pings cause more processor load as it tries to compensate by guessing positions or something, combines to cause worse frame rate? Don't know, but devs should believe that your movie is exactly how it is for many people.
    I've never known any different, always been exactly like your movie for me on iPad, never spent more than 30 seconds looking at the game in iPhone. Actually only ever been in town on phone, decided it was too small and went back to iPad.

Forrest maps were fine, since no one had skill spamming ability at low levels. By frozen it was really bad, since everyone had skills to burn.
    True true. I wouldn't really know as I'm not familiar with how ms works, just have a basic understanding.

Hopefully it is ms, and devs can see how players outside or far from their servers experience the lag, maybe they'd develop a lower detail skill patch? Hopefully.

I know what you mean, from moving back to an iPhone after using an iPad its just wow, its too small now. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am starting to see lag regularly when I play AO3.

The lag wasn't as evident in AO2 or below but with the increased usage of combos and gathering of many mobs the lag is getting out of hand.

As someone else suggested, I would recommend an option be provided by the developers to turn off or reduce of the graphics of the AOE effects.
    Last edited by Akashin; 10-27-2010 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Also, on the iPad, you could try rebooting it before playing.

I am runnig the beta iOS on it and I always close all other apps before running it.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by setec View Post

I am runnig the beta iOS on it and I always close all other apps before running it.
    Didn't you quit because <place stupid reason here>?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Funny thing is, atm PL is my only app at the moment since it's free. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow. Im ashamed you accused The Apple iPad for your faults. Lol, let me start with this... ITS NOT THE IPAD THATS MAKES YOU LAGGY AND FIGHT HORRIBLY ON PL!
    Its your internet connection. Mine is really good ;D. I only lag cause of other peoples lags which makes me lag.
    * Other Peoples Connection does effect ur connection on the ping, in my case at least.. which makes u lag and bad gameplay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I can see it now, booted, you lag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I certainly hope the Devs are following this thread closely and consider our suggestions for an option to tune down spell/skill graphics while maintaining HQ. Double Pixel just isnt the way to go.. My brother just saw me playing PL on Ipad (with double pixel) and said "Man the graphics sux...". Then i showed him on iphone (without double pixel) and he said "Screen too small, cannot see clearly". A summary of the configuration as follows :

Iphone - With High Quality / No double pixel - Smooth Play
    Ipad - With High Quality / No double pixel - Graphics Lag/Delay
    Ipad - No High Quality / No double pixel - Graphics Lag/Delay
    Ipad - With High Quality / With double pixel - Smooth Play
    IGNs | Orei (Elf) - Lvl 50 Mage/Paladin | Oreio (Ursan) - Lvl 50 Gunner/Tank | Oreides (Avian) - Lvl 50 Gunner/Tank | Oreii (Elf) - Lvl 47 Mage | Oreiz - Lvl 20 Storage Twink |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamelova View Post
    Wow. Im ashamed you accused The Apple iPad for your faults. Lol, let me start with this... ITS NOT THE IPAD THATS MAKES YOU LAGGY AND FIGHT HORRIBLY ON PL!
    Its your internet connection. Mine is really good ;D. I only lag cause of other peoples lags which makes me lag.
    * Other Peoples Connection does effect ur connection on the ping, in my case at least.. which makes u lag and bad gameplay
    Lol man. Im not blaming iPad or PL at all. If you'd read properly and get over yourself I'm stating the problems I'm experiencing on my ipad. Other players get it too so its an issue worth looking at or such. And no, i don't think other players pings affect your own. That's what servers are for, and how do you even know its due to another persons ping?

If its our internet connection then fine, understandable, which is why i posted this thread to show what we (Asian or Oceania) players are experiencing. And maybe ask for more options to reduce effect details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Funny thing is, atm PL is my only app at the moment since it's free. Lol
    Well actually, on iOS 3.x, there is multitasking. The Apple apps such as iPod, Mail, Safari are running in the background. You can close all the Safari windows, stop iPod if playing, reboot. Mail will load because of the auto mail check but everything shouldn't load unless you tap the icons.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Well actually, on iOS 3.x, there is multitasking. The Apple apps such as iPod, Mail, Safari are running in the background. You can close all the Safari windows, stop iPod if playing, reboot. Mail will load because of the auto mail check but everything shouldn't load unless you tap the icons.
    Idk if I read it right, but isn't the multitasking option still in OS 1.4+? Not sure either. Yeah i usually close any internet requiring apps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Bump.

Read chat box saying we should keep reporting problems like these. So these problems still exist for me.

Gotten used to double pixel now, so game play is pretty much okay, but would be awesome if I could get at least no double pixel back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is graphics lag, not network lag!! I see the same graphics lag when in a full group and everyone spamming skills. After playing on the iphone for some time and switching to the ipad I was pretty disappointed when seeing the graphics lag. It even lags during the animations like when dieing. IMO PL needs to optimize their graphics engine or allow us to tone down the gfx effects. Obviously it will be nice with apple puts a faster graphics processor in the newer ipads..but it is possible to do nice 3d graphics on the 1st gen. Check out Rage HD sometime..

Also, it would be great if we could customize the UI...move the joystick, chatbox, resizing, etc.