Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: iPad Issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by setec View Post
    I play on both an iPhone 4a and an iPad. I do not need to use the double pixel option on the iPad. The iPad plays it just fine. Yes, maybe once a month I get a short lag during a map or two but it runs just as smooth as on the iPhone 4.
    How is this possible? lol

I especially feel it when I do the mage combo, nightmare lightning ice fire. Its nowhere as smooth as the iphone 4

This is what I'm trying to find out now too. Why some iPads run fine while some don't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The iPhone 4 and the current iPad use the same A4 processor. The iPhone 4 has 512MB ram and the iPad has 256MB ram. But, at least for me, they run PL the same. PL looks gorgeous on the iPad and runs great.

Occasionally, I will have lag issues on the iPad but this also happens on the iPhone 4 as well.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by setec View Post
    The iPhone 4 and the current iPad use the same A4 processor. The iPhone 4 has 512MB ram and the iPad has 256MB ram. But, at least for me, they run PL the same. PL looks gorgeous on the iPad and runs great.

Occasionally, I will have lag issues on the iPad but this also happens on the iPhone 4 as well.
    Yeah thats what I thought too. Which is why I was surprised why when I run it on the iPad it graphically lags. Internet lag is not an issue, same results. Its the graphical lag for some reason. I can spam my combo's no problem in the phone, in the iPad i get graphical lag spikes which lead to me not being able to pot, move, heal or such in time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sounds like what your describing is your frame rates per sec are dropping on graphically intensive periods of the game, or is it dropping frames, with one you see it all just slow or if skipping it will stutter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am encountering the same problems as Elly as a enchantress user. On the ipad, i had failed many times in trying to pull off the "Hot flash" combo after a bear's beckon. My Ipad gets a graphic frame lag after my icestorm spell, causing a delay in triggering the firestorm. In the end, the bear who beckons does a stomp before my firestorm kicks in, giving the 'shatter' combo instead of 'hot flash'.

This doesnt happen when im using my iphone. Considering that on an ipad with a larger screen, there is more graphics to handle per second compared to an iphone 3 or 4. One will not encounter any such issue if u are just walking in town or playing solo. Its always with a big group and many enemies around.

Fyi my Ipad is a 32Gb 3G model. Not sure if a 64Gb model is affected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Yes, it seems that my frame rate per second is really bad when those skills happen and such. Does the 16,32, and 64gb matter in speed? Isn't it only memory?

If someone can just confirm or explain the differences would be awesome. I tried to look for other settings outside PL to tweak but I can't find any.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Even at no double pixel mode? =/ Idk why ours are graphically lagging then. Its not internet lag, its the sort of lag you get when your computer/device can't handle the graphics. (Like too much spells in one time).
    Whats wrong with everyones ipad lol myns perfect I'm from Australia so not a server issue and I play on high detail so it can't be :/. I'm not sure elly but I would of quit pl IMO if I wasn't playing on ipad I feel like its more enjoyable call me crazy of you want haha .
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is my iPad just legit then xD
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I know right! I just got mine in Sydney today too, from australia as well. Connection is not a problem at all, no lag. I'll post a video soon on what I mean by my game play. I'll do a quick run in Plasma Pyramid and show you what I mean by lag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Just posted video to first post. SORRY for the sideward video, didn't realise. Hope its clear enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Elly, just watched video, I see that happen often with my iPhone 3GS, so know what you mean, funny thing I was thinking of videoing the lag slowdowns I get as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    Elly, just watched video, I see that happen often with my iPhone 3GS, so know what you mean, funny thing I was thinking of videoing the lag slowdowns I get as well
    Yeah I've tried PL on a 3GS too, graphics isn't really as good as a 4 I think mostly from the model difference. But here, it runs smoothly on my iphone 4 just not on the ipad. I'm pretty sure the "lag" I'm getting in the vid isn't normal right? I mean I get the small screen freeze when mages cast spells, but not to a point that it alters my gameplay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

No not normal, I suspect it's a combo of the lag from aus and the graphic intensive, like all the calls to the server hit the idevice at once causing an overload on the idevice gpu, pretty sure the gpu on the iPad isn't as good as the iPhone 4 and the same as the 3gs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

No not normal, I suspect it's a combo of the lag from aus and the graphic intensive, like all the calls to the server hit the idevice at once causing an overload on the idevice gpu, pretty sure the gpu on the iPad isn't as good as the iPhone 4 and the same as the 3gs
    Possible. The iPad just seems to say its more powerful all over it. lol someone did post though that it has the same processor, just the RAM differs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well the iPhone 4 has some serious gpu grunt for a mobile device to run that retina display so makes sense, maybe the gen2 of the iPad might have the grunt to deal with graphics and data.

Also that direction pad at the top is just freaky disturbing it's going to give me nightmares.
    Last edited by jonboy; 10-27-2010 at 04:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Well the iPhone 4 has some serious gpu grunt for a mobile device to run that retina display so makes sense, maybe the gen2 of the iPad might have the grunt to deal with graphics and data.

Also that direction pad at the top is just freaky disturbing it's going to give me nightmares.
    True for the iPhone 4 bit. It'd suck so much if the iPad 2nd gen came out soon as I just got my brand new one -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Rumor has it feb/march 2011 for gen2 iPad though slightly possible Xmas release if you see a iPad killer device takeoff in sales.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Rumor has it feb/march 2011 for gen2 iPad though slightly possible Xmas release if you see a iPad killer device takeoff in sales.
    Dang, not too far away. Meh should be fine. I'll wait for iPad 3 maybe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is certainly framerate stuttering, revive green flare graphics cause it worst for me.
    But I like the big screen better, I'm used to dealing with 2fps in big skill spam battles. Add 350ms Australian pings and it's no suprise most of my AO3 boss fights end with me and 3 others instantly dropping dead without seeing the boss even fire in our direction.

It's the spell "bling" which causes it.
    If there was an option to change the animated skill "explosions" to just a basic flat image on the ground I would use it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    There is certainly framerate stuttering, revive green flare graphics cause it worst for me.
    But I like the big screen better, I'm used to dealing with 2fps in big skill spam battles. Add 350ms Australian pings and it's no suprise most of my AO3 boss fights end with me and 3 others instantly dropping dead without seeing the boss even fire in our direction.

It's the spell "bling" which causes it.
    If there was an option to change the animated skill "explosions" to just a basic flat image on the ground I would use it.
    Agree. Though I think the 350ms is the lesser part, since on the phone its really fine. I do agree on the spell bling though, along with switching HQ off, spell effects should be too. Or at least the major effects should stay only, like for lightning just a simple bolt, fire just a simple fire blast, ice just a simple ice wave. Revive should just be simple too.