First post, and though I usually eschew discussions like this, and will never be a prolific poster, I found myself with some questions comparing the two tank classes and after using the search tool and spending about 30 minutes I didn't know where else to look to find the answers.

Mainly I'd love it if someone could sort of outline a Rhino's role and play-style at levels approaching endgame, and compare if possible to a Bear. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong as a Rhino. When I started playing this about 10 days ago, I immediately gravitated to the Rhino. As I got into my 30's with the character, I have the gear recommended in Whisperwalk's guide, specced and statted 95% the same, and sure enough... I'm pretty much like beating on a brick. But as far as I can tell, its all for naught, as Summon is pretty much a worthless skill. I run into a room and hit taunt to gather mobs, and about 1 sec later an DPS class runs in, AoE's everything and the whole pack runs right by me... I feel pretty worthless.
When I play with a bear in the group, he uses Beckon+Stomp and it locks trash down long enough that he's actually contributing to the success of the party.

For bosses...I have limited success with spamming Summon while targeting the actual boss and immediately spamcasting DPS/tempest/Charge+Redemption/Summon to hold aggro, but still lose aggro quickly to a well geared Bird.

So I created a Bear and he's 15 now but I find myself preferring the buffs of the Rhino (Charge+Redemption is almost cheating!). I want to sort it all out so I don't get to 70+ and find out I'm at best a mediocre stand-in tank when a bear can't be found, and a low-DPS but durable healer/rezzer when a 'real tank' is present.

For the TL;DR crowd-
Are Bears the much preferred tank, or can a Rhino do it well too?
How do I get aggro and hold it better?
How do I help my party with trash mobs as a Rhino?
Are Bear and Rhino taunts the same? They both seem to suck right now. (Rhino@L35/Bear@L15)
Does Beckon pull bosses or 'mini bosses'?