Thread: Commando PVP/FFA Build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Default Commando PVP/FFA Build

Hey everyone,
    After my engi has been relentlessly beat up in FFA, I have decided to give it a go with a com. Any suggestions of a good build?
    Any insight into implants/armor/weapons would also be appreciated. I'm quite poor, so all I have at the moment is a bio napalm and a vak set.
    Thanks in advance,
    Sizari
    Last edited by FluidShot; 08-06-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Those who say it cannot be done should not stop those who are doing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sizari View Post
    Hey everyone,
    After my engi has been relentlessly beat up in FFA, I have decided to give it a go with a com. Any suggestions of a good build?
    Any insight into implants/armor/weapons would also be appreciated. I'm quite poor, so all I have at the moment is a bio napalm and a vak set.
    Thanks in advance,
    Sizari
    What you really need is a Primed Napalm Carbine(1,000,000c) the Implant would be always a Warfather(for Regen Health and to increase your health faster)
    Vs Com is a Primed Napalm
    Vs Eng would be a Primed Napalm too
    Vs Operative would need a Ion Cannon

Other Tips will be in game so plz see me on how to vs them xD

Need Help? Please Visit STS's Support Website by clicking HERE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zenxpr0 View Post
    What you really need is a Primed Napalm Carbine(1,000,000c) the Implant would be always a Warfather(for Regen Health and to increase your health faster)
    Vs Com is a Primed Napalm
    Vs Eng would be a Primed Napalm too
    Vs Operative would need a Ion Cannon

Other Tips will be in game so plz see me on how to vs them xD
    Not a plat dodge implant? Hmm.
    Any ideas on a build?

Those who say it cannot be done should not stop those who are doing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Not Dodge

Need Help? Please Visit STS's Support Website by clicking HERE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not good comms are using Ion cannon So, ops are says 'Dont use Ion cannon' If he is being good comm he batter not use ion cannon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey zenxpro can u help me out in SL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Well the role of com is obviously tank so you will need to max out survive while keeping aggro.

Max inc. mass, vigor for survival, gives eng some breathing room to heal.
    Max rage, kinetic res for buff, rage turns virtually all your hits into crit. Some ppl objects K.Res but saving stims aside, the 35 dmg buff for 2 sec is deadly if you time it right.
    For skills, max backbreaker, sing, and stomp. any knockdown skill + backbreaker is a combo, deadly with active rage and K.Res dmg buff. As for the fourth skill, I personally didn't care, I would recommend grav well or grav slam, hammer is useless (unless for combo with eng's suppression)

Do not buy the plat armor it's not worth it and it's weaker than the ones you get from mobs/boxes.

For stat put all str.

I'm not exactly a pvp fellow, didn't like it anyways b/c rushers grp rushing against me, 74 kills vs 126 deaths, with 80ish death credited to group rushers (would have been 74 kills vs 40ish deaths). I'll leave this to the experts
    But one thing is for sure, keep it close and personal, unless you are retreating for skill recharge engage your target, beware op-kiting.
    Uphold the magic of friendship, with a heart of gold and nerves of steel. This is my creed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Solid Scorpion For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

vak set + primed nap + war implant + dog mask = unstoppable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Nice one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

a good build i use and most ppl use is:
    neutron stomp, vigor, singularity, graviton slam, kinetic reservoir, increase mass, growing rage, and back breaker. all maxed out.
    in pvp, start with using increase mass and growing rage. what i do is use graviton slam first to slow the opponent down, then use singularity and neutron stomp at the same time (just click both of them fast). this will guarantee a knock down more, and if both are not dodged, it provides extra damage to the opponent. then use back breaker immediately after the opponent is knocked down, and BAM. theres a combo right there, that will dmg the opponent more.
    increase mass recharges in a good speed. use that as often as you can.
    kinetic reservoir recharges your mana greatly, and thats useful because comm skills eat quite some mana. however it will decrease you dps and dmg a bit when used, but at the last 2 seconds (i think), your dps and dmg boosts up rly good. so if you time the skill right, you can dmg the opponent more, and way more with a crit.
    speaking of crits, thats when growing rage comes. growing rage greatly increases your crit chance. this is a very useful skill, and when activated, it will deal insane damage cuz the constant crits to ur opponent. the recharge is 1 min sadly, but it is really worth it. use the skill at the right time, because it wont last forever.
    for vigor, just use it only if necessary. in pvp, only use it when ur away from the opponent, for more heal effectiveness.
    graviton slam slows down ur opponent by 75% if maxed out, but it doesnt root like psychic lash. it also does aoe, so you can hit multiple opponents with it. yes, it does dmg, but not a lot. still useful.
    Singularity and neutron stomp are all knockdown skills. singularity offers a push, but neutron doesnt. i do think that neutron has more dmg. both are best if used together, like i said earlier.
    back breaker is more dmging than force hammer. this thing does good dmg if its a crit. use this after your opponent is knocked down by a knockdown skill for a combo.
    remember, always go for combos when possible. it will do more dmg and kill ur opponent faster. use all ur skills at the right time only.
    for weaps and imps, Conquered's suggestion is the best.
    hope i didnt make any mistakes. hope this helped!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carcinogen View Post
    neutron stomp, vigor, singularity, graviton slam, kinetic reservoir, increase mass, growing rage, and back breaker. all maxed out.
    in pvp, start with using increase mass and growing rage. what i do is use graviton slam first to slow the opponent down, then use singularity and neutron stomp at the same time (just click both of them fast). this will guarantee a knock down more, and if both are not dodged, it provides extra damage to the opponent. then use back breaker immediately after the opponent is knocked down, and BAM. theres a combo right there, that will dmg the opponent more.
    kinetic reservoir recharges your mana greatly, and thats useful because comm skills eat quite some mana. however it will decrease you dps and dmg a bit when used, but at the last 2 seconds (i think), your dps and dmg boosts up rly good. so if you time the skill right, you can dmg the opponent more, and way more with a crit.
    speaking of crits, thats when growing rage comes. growing rage greatly increases your crit chance. this is a very useful skill, and when activated, it will deal insane damage cuz the constant crits to ur opponent. the recharge is 1 min sadly, but it is really worth it. use the skill at the right time, because it wont last forever.
    for vigor, just use it only if necessary. in pvp, only use it when ur away from the opponent, for more heal effectiveness.
    graviton slam slows down ur opponent by 75% if maxed out, but it doesnt root like psychic lash. it also does aoe, so you can hit multiple opponents with it. yes, it does dmg, but not a lot. still useful.
    Singularity and neutron stomp are all knockdown skills. singularity offers a push, but neutron doesnt. i do think that neutron has more dmg. both are best if used together, like i said earlier.
    back breaker is more dmging than force hammer. this thing does good dmg if its a crit. use this after your opponent is knocked down by a knockdown skill for a combo.
    remember, always go for combos when possible. it will do more dmg and kill ur opponent faster. use all ur skills at the right time only.
    My build, is like the exact opposite of this, awesome to see that I have no idea what im doing, LOL

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carcinogen View Post
    My build uses no mana regen what so ever :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxnavysealxx View Post
    My build uses no mana regen what so ever :3
    cuz ur a navy seal. you dont need mana. all you need is SWAG :3

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in