Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elite Boss Drop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Default Elite Boss Drop

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but i am going to say it anyways. I am sick of running Elite maps and taking my time trying to farm off the bosses and at the end getting a green drop. Like seriously? I hate having to spend money just to get anything even close to decent drops. Please make an update to make bosses stop dropping green items, it isn't worth the time to even do the runs. At least make it pinks or even purple and up. -.- I know im not the only one to feel this way..
    Last edited by Szangheili; 08-07-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Szangheili View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but i am going to say it anyways. I am sick of running Elite maps and taking my time trying to farm off the bosses and at the end getting a green drop. Like seriously? I hate having to spend money just to get anything even close to decent drops. Please make an update to make bosses stop dropping green items, it isn't worth the time to even do the runs. At least make it pinks or even purple and up. -.- I know im not the only one to feel this way..
    150% support, it's so BS when I'm spending like 3-4k on pots and getting a 10g drop -_- my suggestion if they don't change it to purple/pinks is to make a "elite token" (1boss kill equals one token) that we can trade in for elite chests or something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Elite-Dungeons

This thread was initiated by Swede, so please keep it mature and constructive. Read the entire thing before you comment. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Not only that, Ive opened over 20 elite golden warchests, 30 copper, 20 silver STILL NO SIGN of mythics/arcanes...ik locked crates have a bigger chance but thats just horribly pay to win. Whats the point of elite chests anymore...
    Credits to Iady

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post

This thread was initiated by Swede, so please keep it mature and constructive. Read the entire thing before you comment. Thanks
    He already made another thread retracting this statement saying that elite dungeons are staying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo:1214479

Well it's too bad that most likely it wouldn't be in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shallows View Post
    He already made another thread retracting this statement saying that elite dungeons are staying
    Yes, he stated that inside the thread I shared. However, he also mentioned to keep the discussion going and that he'll read the thread. The originator of this thread should read Swede's thread so that he can gain some insight on the prospective changes to elite maps. A lot of people are complaining about the elite boss drops - there's no doubt about that. But we're also trying to come up with solutions to the problem, rather than just rant on about it. So please, if you have suggestions use the thread I posted above so that Swede can read it.
    Last edited by Taejo; 08-08-2013 at 12:22 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

150% support, it's so BS when I'm spending like 3-4k on pots and getting a 10g drop -_- my suggestion if they don't change it to purple/pinks is to make a "elite token" (1boss kill equals one token) that we can trade in for elite chests or something
    I like this kill token idea. Only thing id suggest is to keep elite pinks dropping from the bosses so we always have a chance to loot that pink. Use tokens for chests or the new eggs
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    I like this kill token idea. Only thing id suggest is to keep elite pinks dropping from the bosses so we always have a chance to loot that pink. Use tokens for chests or the new eggs
    +1 , like the Nordr Daily but then also a daily for example Brackenridge, which you can complete for a elite golden chest which is worth less than a warchest because the maps are easier.

xoxo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo:1214519
    Yes, he stated that inside the thread I shared. However, he also mentioned to keep the discussion going and that he'll read the thread. The originator of this thread should read Swede's thread so that he can gain some insight on the prospective changes to elite maps. A lot of people are complaining about the elite boss drops - there's no doubt about that. But we're also trying to come up with solutions to the problem, rather than just rant on about it. So please, if you have suggestions use the thread I posted above so that Swede can read it - your token idea is great!
    This isn't a rant, just a suggestion. Learn the differences.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I hope you realize if they make the change you are requesting, then pinks will end up being worth 100 gold each like the crate pinks. Is that what you really want?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Not only that, Ive opened over 20 elite golden warchests, 30 copper, 20 silver STILL NO SIGN of mythics/arcanes...ik locked crates have a bigger chance but thats just horribly pay to win. Whats the point of elite chests anymore...
    First of all, mythic/arcane items do not come in elite copper or silver warchests. The best you can hope for in those are pink items, or maybe a talon egg.

As for the elite golden warchests, let's do the math here....

20 elite golden warchests x 50k each (their approximate value) = 1m

So you open 1m worth of chests and you expect you should get items that are worth between 2m+ and possibly as much as 50m (Samael or Maul)???

If all it took was 1m worth of chests to get a mythic or arcane item, then they would all be worth far less than 1m.

Prices are what they are because of the market of supply and demand. If an item is worth 3m, I would expect to have to open much more than 3m worth of chests to get one. Remember you get lots of other items in chests besides the occasional mythic or arcane item, and many of the legendary items also have some value. So for mythics to be worth what they are, it would have to require opening far more chests than what they are worth.

I'd guess you probably have to open 100-200 Elite Golden Warchests to get a mythic item, and probably a few thousand of them to get an Arcane item.

Yes, an occasional player will get lucky and get one on the first try. But I am talking averages here. So don't be upset because you opened 1m worth of chests and didn't get an item worth many millions. It's like buying 100 lottery tickets and being mad because you didn't win the $10 million jackpot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

This isn't a rant, just a suggestion. Learn the differences.
    Settle down there, sport. No need to get disrespectful. The comment that you quoted not directed at your thread. It was a generalized comment regarding all of the recent threads about elite map issues - not just this one - because the majority of them are just complaints with no suggested solution.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

this is 100% rant.
    this is game so hav fun by expecting less.
    u r not forced to do elites so dnt play.
    elites r for rich ppl that can afford 5k gold on pots each run. so it is ur choice if u want to take d risk.

conclusion: expect less and hav fun playing and doing various things like opening elite golden chest and getting greens and laugh instead of getting mad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rajnikanth:1215595
    this is 100% rant.
    this is game so hav fun by expecting less.
    u r not forced to do elites so dnt play.
    elites r for rich ppl that can afford 5k gold on pots each run. so it is ur choice if u want to take d risk.

conclusion: expect less and hav fun playing and doing various things like opening elite golden chest and getting greens and laugh instead of getting mad.
    Listen, if it's called "Elite" Maybe they should add better drops than greens, you call that elite? And who ever said i can't afford 5k pots? Lol money isn't an issue here bud, it's the time it consumes and later getting a worthless drop. And to call this a rant is ignorance, this is a minor suggestion to be added hopefully in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Its not worth farming for elite chests anymore they arent worth enough. Its better to buy a luck amulet and go to km3 and farm crates. In the same amount of time you farm one elite golden warchest you can farm more crates. So my advise to people is go farm Bael/Krunch or farm crates in km3. STS ruined the elite chest economy with Bael/Krunch & arena. Its not worth running elites unless you farm for eggs with luck elixir + amulet. Sadly the game doesnt reward this kind of effort. It keeps giving gifts to people who merch or spend plat. It seems like if you actually play the game you are at a distinct disadvatange.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear:1215941
    Its not worth farming for elite chests anymore they arent worth enough. Its better to buy a luck amulet and go to km3 and farm crates. In the same amount of time you farm one elite golden warchest you can farm more crates. So my advise to people is go farm Bael/Krunch or farm crates in km3. STS ruined the elite chest economy with Bael/Krunch & arena. Its not worth running elites unless you farm for eggs with luck elixir + amulet. Sadly the game doesnt reward this kind of effort. It keeps giving gifts to people who merch or spend plat. It seems like if you actually play the game you are at a distinct disadvatange.
    That right there is well said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Listen, if it's called "Elite" Maybe they should add better drops than greens, you call that elite? And who ever said i can't afford 5k pots? Lol money isn't an issue here bud, it's the time it consumes and later getting a worthless drop. And to call this a rant is ignorance, this is a minor suggestion to be added hopefully in the future.
    What you ask for is impossible unless STS implements price controls on items in the auction.

The value of items are based on the supply and demand -- this goes for greens too. If they eliminate greens from the drop table of elite bosses, then many more pinks will drop, and then your next thread will be complaining about how the pinks are worthless too.

STS has actually tried this strategy before, but not in AL. They did it in PL in an expansion called "Alien Oasis 3". Bosses in Alien Oasis 3 dungeons only drop purple and pink items. The results are that pinks that come from the bosses of Alien Oasis 3 are so common that they are mostly worth around 500 gold each, with the occasional "better" pink worth 3k.

So unfortunately, your gripe here is with capitalism and not with what items drop from elite bosses.

In response to the person who said it is Arena and Bael 2/Krunch 2 that is causing the value of elite pinks to drop, that is 100% wrong. The value of elite chests and pinks were already very low before Bael 2, Krunch 2 and Arena even existed. The problem was that Locked Crates gave a pink in every one, and those pinks had stats almost as good as the pinks that came out of elite chests. STS has since corrected this issue by making crate pinks more rare, but they could not change the supply of these items after the fact as the market was already flooded with them. So this change did not affect the market for level 30/31 pinks. However.... this change should have a significant effect on level 35/36 gear during the next expansion, and I would expect prices on those elite pinks to be significantly higher than level 30/31 elite pinks. Going forward, I think we will all view Nordr much like players in PL view Alien Oasis 3 -- way too large a supply of pinks, resulting in very low prices.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:1216054
    What you ask for is impossible unless STS implements price controls on items in the auction.

The value of items are based on the supply and demand -- this goes for greens too. If they eliminate greens from the drop table of elite bosses, then many more pinks will drop, and then your next thread will be complaining about how the pinks are worthless too.

STS has actually tried this strategy before, but not in AL. They did it in PL in an expansion called "Alien Oasis 3". Bosses in Alien Oasis 3 dungeons only drop purple and pink items. The results are that pinks that come from the bosses of Alien Oasis 3 are so common that they are mostly worth around 500 gold each, with the occasional "better" pink worth 3k.

So unfortunately, your gripe here is with capitalism and not with what items drop from elite bosses.

In response to the person who said it is Arena and Bael 2/Krunch 2 that is causing the value of elite pinks to drop, that is 100% wrong. The value of elite chests and pinks were already very low before Bael 2, Krunch 2 and Arena even existed. The problem was that Locked Crates gave a pink in every one, and those pinks had stats almost as good as the pinks that came out of elite chests. STS has since corrected this issue by making crate pinks more rare, but they could not change the supply of these items after the fact as the market was already flooded with them. So this change did not affect the market for level 30/31 pinks. However.... this change should have a significant effect on level 35/36 gear during the next expansion, and I would expect prices on those elite pinks to be significantly higher than level 30/31 elite pinks. Going forward, I think we will all view Nordr much like players in PL view Alien Oasis 3 -- way too large a supply of pinks, resulting in very low prices.
    Lol i completely understand how all this works, but like i said before, working hard to complete an elite map shouldn't be rewarded with bs greens. At least purple and up. Of course the drop rates of pinks would slightly increase, but once again, not all pinks are "good". And i like how you say I'll later complain about pink prices dropping, this is literally my first thread ever where i actually complain about something, from any STS game. Keep assuming, you know how it makes you look.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Lol i completely understand how all this works, but like i said before, working hard to complete an elite map shouldn't be rewarded with bs greens. At least purple and up. Of course the drop rates of pinks would slightly increase, but once again, not all pinks are "good". And i like how you say I'll later complain about pink prices dropping, this is literally my first thread ever where i actually complain about something, from any STS game. Keep assuming, you know how it makes you look.
    From my experience, most players do not care about the color of the drops but rather how much they are worth, as most players farm not to get actual items to use but to get items to sell so they can then buy the items for themselves that they want. In that respect, it doesn't really matter what color the items are, it matters what they are worth. If they eliminate greens and have purples instead, then purples basically become the greens, and pinks become the purples. So then people will say no pinks are good and they will suggest that mythics should drop from elite bosses. And the cycle repeats....

If STS listened to all of these type of requests, the end results would be that everyone would be walking around with mythic and arcane items, and no item would be worth more than 5k, and most of the player base would grow bored with the game and quit.