Thread: We have Equipment Loadouts... How about...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Default We have Equipment Loadouts... How about...

Skill Loadouts?

I spend 2 seconds swapping trap for Nox when we get to the boss - in some instances I die while I'm doing it because I'm not avoiding red and spamming pots etc... It would be nice if it was a little faster

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alrisaia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Lol accidentally thanked this post, with the intention of actually thanking.

Yes I agree completely.. It takes me 2sec+ to remap skills, from aim nox, to nox aim... Sigh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This would be really useful and would probably prompt some users to get an extra skill. I know I would

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dlanor View Post
    This would be really useful and would probably prompt some users to get an extra skill. I know I would
    Many players already spec a 5th skill (myself, Noisy above, and many many Elite PVE Tanks) - just saying... It will only get more and more common as more and more skill points become available.

<Elite Runners>

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alrisaia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

As a tank who has five skills - nothing is more frustrating than pausing right before a boss to change skills just to return from a skill change to having a dead teammate five seconds into a boss fight. (You would be surprised how many players charge into a boss fight without the tank leading)
    Officer <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

You were not meant to have 5 skills. You were meant to have 4 skills. Pick 4 that best suit your needs and live with those.

If STS wanted you to have 5 skills, they would have created space for 5 skills. In PL we have 12 skills, so obviously there is room on the screen for more.

The point of having only 4 skills was to create diversity. Once we all start adding more skills, we all start to look the same.

Personally I do not want to see a loadout for skills.

What I wouldn't mind is for each player to have 2 different skill specs, one for pvp and one for pve. Then when you enter a pvp room, your pvp spec automatically comes up, and when you enter a pve dungeon, your pve spec automatically comes up.

What I do NOT want is having multiple skill specs that a player can switch between manually. Because what will essentially happen is some players will chose to have multiple skill sets for pvp and not have one for pve, and then they are at an advantage.

As for the suggestion that as we have more skill points, more and more players will add more skills, I disagree. What will obviously happen at some point is STS will add more upgrades to the skills and to the passives. So instead of having 5 points in fireball, maybe I will have 6 or 7. They did this in PL at least twice that I am aware of, and I'm sure they will do the same thing in AL.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-10-2013 at 01:55 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    You were not meant to have 5 skills. You were meant to have 4 skills. Pick 4 that best suit your needs and live with those.

If STS wanted you to have 5 skills, they would have created space for 5 skills. In PL we have 12 skills, so obviously there is room on the screen for more.

The point of having only 4 skills was to create diversity. Once we all start adding more skills, we all start to look the same.

Personally I do not want to see a loadout for skills.

What I wouldn't mind is for each player to have 2 different skill specs, one for pvp and one for pve. Then when you enter a pvp room, your pvp spec automatically comes up, and when you enter a pve dungeon, your pve spec automatically comes up.

What I do NOT want is having multiple skill specs that a player can switch between manually. Because what will essentially happen is some players will chose to have multiple skill sets for pvp and not have one for pve, and then they are at an advantage.

As for the suggestion that as we have more skill points, more and more players will add more skills, I disagree. What will obviously happen at some point is STS will add more upgrades to the skills and to the passives. So instead of having 5 points in fireball, maybe I will have 6 or 7. They did this in PL at least twice that I am aware of, and I'm sure they will do the same thing in AL.
    Energizeric -

I have to disagree here and I am an old school gamer like yourself starting with pencil and paper - and for electronic gaming dating all the way back to the original Final Fantasy, Might and Magic, Ultima etc... for the NES :P

If we were meant to have 4 skills - we would only be permitted to select 4 and upgrade those 4. That's not the case, thus one must assume that the designers intended for us to be able to select more than 4.

Having 4 skills we all already do look the same - ask any Rogue PVPer... with the exception of Iluvataris - I don't know of many that use daggers and spec RS...

I do like the idea to have 2 different skill specs - one for pvp and one for pve - I would certainly PVP more often... however I'm guessing respecs are a good source of revenue, hence this is an unlikely change to take effect.

I'm not sure why you would think one person would have an advantage over another with multiple skill specs that a player can switch between manually - if EVERYONE can do it - then it just means the person who is better at it is at an advantage no?

I hope they do add more upgrades to the skills - as it is right now, passives are relatively unworthy of spending a skill point IMO...

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I wonder why they added gear loadouts. Since we can only equip one piece of gear for each slot, we were obviously only meant to have 3 pieces of gear. Even if our inventory can hold much much more. We SHOULD be forced to just pick the gear we want and go with it. There is no point in providing a means for more easily changing our current equipped gear.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I wonder why they added gear loadouts. Since we can only equip one piece of gear for each slot, we were obviously only meant to have 3 pieces of gear. Even if our inventory can hold much much more. We SHOULD be forced to just pick the gear we want and go with it. There is no point in providing a means for more easily changing our current equipped gear.
    Haha u kill it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    let's keep thus civil and constructive... while i disagree with energizer i value his opinion.

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    let's keep thus civil and constructive... while i disagree with energizer i value his opinion.
    There was nothing uncivil. Just making a point applying the same logic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

This type of suggestion is going to become more and more common next season but I think the argument here is that STS wanted to avoid what happened in PL with a billion skills to mash on your screen. Let's just turn this argument sideways - why aren't you just asking for 5 skill buttons?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    This type of suggestion is going to become more and more common next season but I think the argument here is that STS wanted to avoid what happened in PL with a billion skills to mash on your screen. Let's just turn this argument sideways - why aren't you just asking for 5 skill buttons?
    My screen is small enough already - and I think that 5 skill buttons would cause problems with people fat fingering skills - I already do it in some instances...

I think 4 active skills is fine. and @Aed - I was just reminding you that facial expression and emotion don't translate well across a screen - your post seemed less than civil to me - in fact sarcasm was rather prevalent, and that's not constructive - just use emotes when you want to be sarcastic and it may come accross a little better. I read that in a completely different tone that I'm sure you intended

Thanks guys - keep this thread active I believe this is something that's really needed.

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    My screen is small enough already - and I think that 5 skill buttons would cause problems with people fat fingering skills - I already do it in some instances...

I think 4 active skills is fine. and @Aed - I was just reminding you that facial expression and emotion don't translate well across a screen - your post seemed less than civil to me - in fact sarcasm was rather prevalent, and that's not constructive - just use emotes when you want to be sarcastic and it may come accross a little better. I read that in a completely different tone that I'm sure you intended

Thanks guys - keep this thread active I believe this is something that's really needed.
    Well, thank you for that. I wasn't kidding, and I wasn't trying to be "nice" so there is no need for emotes. I was simply making a point using the same logic in the post I responded to. I am sorry if you interpreted it a different way. Thank you for the tips though.

There is no problem here, and I'm not trying to derail your thread. Because honestly, its something I agree with.
    Last edited by Rare; 08-13-2013 at 10:16 AM.