Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: STG's Policy on Scammers (of all types..?)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Let's get our priorities straight. There will always be people scamming and skulduggery, and there will always be stupid greedy people look for an easy way out. I'd sooner see the devs focus on the content of the game than banning scammers.
    I agree and disagree. There will always be scammers, but if left unchecked, like it seemingly has (I know several scammers still in game) its not a good thing. Sts needs to set a precedent.

Maybe like a mugshot database for everyone that gets banned. So everyone knows its happening.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by energizeric:1218872
    i have no idea about their policy, but obviously they do give lifetime bans as two of my close friends in al (one of whom we both know well from pl) were banned for life from sts games, apparently for trying to sell in game items for real money (or so i was told).

It seems as if they take that sort of violation as much more serious than someone who scams for in game virtual gold or items. Those players seem to get away with temporary bans or no punishment at all.

Here's my solution:

Sts should make jail in one of the towns, and when you commit an in-game crime worthy of punishment, instead of giving a temporary ban, they should make it so that when you sign in your are in that jail and stuck there and cannot leave until your time there is up. Maybe you should have an orange jump suit as well, and other players can come visit you and make fun. Maybe even a nice fine as well that results in your losing a certain amount of your gold, depending on the seriousness of the crime.

Since it's an in-game crime, make it an in-game punishment. (btw, this was meant as a joke!)
    +1 great idea (not for perma bans)
    Last edited by darthdlo; 08-11-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

hmm i dnt mind ppl selling platinum in town (lol i tried to trade that guy who selling platinum, bt he asked me email and pass rofl, bt i m not fool to giv away)

bt that comma abuser or watever seems annoying.
    sts should put comma in between numbers.
    i could fall there someday as i m very careless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    hmm i dnt mind ppl selling platinum in town (lol i tried to trade that guy who selling platinum, bt he asked me email and pass rofl, bt i m not fool to giv away)

bt that comma abuser or watever seems annoying.
    sts should put comma in between numbers.
    i could fall there someday as i m very careless
    Yes. Adding a comma is a small step in the right direction. It's a very simple deterrent to implement and should be done ASAP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Yes. Adding a comma is a small step in the right direction. It's a very simple deterrent to implement and should be done ASAP.
    Unfortunately people have been asking this for a looooong time in all of their games. Had not been done in any as far as I'm aware. I don't see it happening now

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Amen ^.^
    AL: BAT~HAM 0_O

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Hey folks,

Our polices against scamming have not changed and are outlined in our Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct which can be found here:

http://support.spacetimestudios.com/...icies/articles

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/termsofservice.php

The internal policy is if you are caught scamming you get banned. We do not reverse account or device bans for scamming even if a player appeals the ban. We would definitely never overturn a ban for someone caught selling Platinum.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey folks,

Our polices against scamming have not changed and are outlined in our Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct which can be found here:

The internal policy is if you are caught scamming you get banned. We do not reverse account or device bans for scamming even if a player appeals the ban. We would definitely never overturn a ban for someone caught selling Platinum.
    I know a scammer whos still out there still after scamming 70m+ from me and 2 other people. Will support do anything about it if I send in a report?
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey folks,

thanx for these rules
    bt i hav one doubt:
    lets say one get device ban, so will be all the accounts opened or played using that device ,which got banned, be too banned?

for example:
    player A, B, C and D are guy that plays AL.
    they all play on their own device.
    they all also play on public pc (internet cafe) not together though bt often (due to some device, connection problems).
    So lets assume that player C got caught scamming and got device ban. due to which his own device got ban.

So will the public pc too got banned?
    and also will the accounts of playerA, B and D get banned as they too used to play on public pc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    I know a scammer whos still out there still after scamming 70m+ from me and 2 other people. Will support do anything about it if I send in a report?
    If you have solid evidence, then I would guess the answer would be yes. If it's just your word against theirs, then I doubt it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    True, but the community is also terrible in this game... a nice balance between the two would be great.
    If there were more incentives for players to gain when they share/help each other I think that would help, like what if when a player goes up a level then everyone in the party receives some gold? That would be an incentive to help out other players with levelling up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Whats a comma abuse scam??
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Desperoto View Post
    Whats a comma abuse scam??
    Example Scenario A:
    A prospective buyer (the scammer) offers 10M for a Hammerjaw egg. In this, he does put 10M, but then before the seller hits accept, he changes it to 1M. Due to many players playing on a tiny screen like the iPhone or other mobile phones, it is extremely difficult to see the amount of zeros. Thus, the seller will think nothing has changed but when in reality, it has.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Sometime scams come from people youd least expect the second in command of my guild walked away with 7 pieces of mythic she was suppose to sell for me instead she traded them for hj egg and opened it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Hello all,

I was just wondering STS's policy on scammers in general? In game, there are many of them lurking around. However, despite being reported and shown evidence, the scammers still manage to come back around on the same characters?

I've spoken to some of them and they often say that they are getting their bans appealed. Then... not only that... they start scamming/tricking people again!?

I'm extremely perplexed. I understand that STS will not do anything in regards to returning stuff but can STS at least make the firm policy of banning them like they used to?? To see these players consistently allowed back into the games is disheartening, especially when knowing they are profiting off of somebody else's misfortune.

Note: I have not been scammed, but just annoyed on the amount of scam threads there are. With each scam, the community degrades further because people realize that they can get away with scams.

Food for thought...

~Apollo
    accept my friend request nub!