Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guide: The Wheel Of LUCK!! Luck, Rerolls, Loot Drops Explained!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Defamed View Post
    2) As i have said in my post, luck elixir/amulet does not affect what you get from chest/crate. I think it was H2N who commented this in chat window on forum once. Also, if they did affect, it would give a notification right? *your elixir let you reroll for better loot*
    Thanks alot for answering me. That's all I needed to know. Plus coming with a confirmation from developer, will save me 40 plats for combo/luck when opening crates. Thanks one more time.

AL: Insomniack [lvl36 Warrior]
    PL: Skitbang [lvl16 Bear]

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Guide section? haha
    Nice guide mate very clear

xoxo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniack View Post
    Great guide, and finally an answer to all those similar threads out there. Majority of this is well known to me, but 2 things I must ask, that are still not clear to me:

1- Do chests/crates fall under the same table with eggs? As I have read somewhere a while ago, if you would get a chests with an original drop, after a successful reroll you have a chance at crate/egg drop? True or not?

2- This question is more important to me, might consider it top priority to know at this moment: luck/combo/lepre amu DO NOT effect what you will get from chests and more important crates? True or not true? Cuz to my current knowledge, opening crates with luck/combo/lepre amu give you better chance at mythic/arcane loot. That's what I was told, not that I had much luck with few of my attempts, but again, would be nice knowing if this doesn't affect hits from crates/chests at all.. Have devs ever confirmed that?

Thanks in advance for answering, whoever find time to answer

Once again, nice guide. Respect.
    Just look at where they go in your inventory. I think it's quite obvious they are in the same drop table. If they weren't then I think gold chests would be pink, not purple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Just look at where they go in your inventory. I think it's quite obvious they are in the same drop table. If they weren't then I think gold chests would be pink, not purple.
    That's the 'Type' you are talking about.. Rarity is 'Quality' of the loot. When they say same table, they mean quality of the loot. Chests fall under epic, crates/eggs under legendary.

If you're dropping an epic weapon, without a reroll, it has to be like Wheelspin->Epic->Weapon->Sacred shield of will.

Now, that could even be categorized like Epic->Weapon->Warrior->Sacred shield of will. Quite a lot of possibilities, its just faster when the computer does it :/ All the devs do is make a list and categorize the items and program the randomizer/shuffler which decides what you get as loot drop.

AL IGNs: Venom, Poison, Elite, Kill, Dude, Hawk, Jerk, Legend
    OaC Android AF IGNs: -Venom-, -Carnage-, -Dude-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

So reroll on original copper chest would be lets say silver, on silver would be gold .. Reroll on golden chest would be crate? My question was based on probability of getting eggs, or to put it that way, reroll on which original drop would result in me getting an egg?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Nice guide!
    So, basically, each boss has a selected amount of loot and each time u reroll u get a higher item?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wowsome View Post
    actually... here is a dev post indicating that it is possible to re-roll from one "common" to another "common".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Loot re-rolls don't always give you loot that is one class up. It re-rolls you into another loot table that could have loot that is one class up. The system consist of many loot tables that the Devs do not disclose.

For example: If you were to loot a Legendary item from an elite boss and Loot Re-roll was activated. What would happen? Would you loot a mythic?

Since this cannot happen, the game would re-roll you into another Legendary item and the system would have to randomly choose which of the two items would be your received loot. If that would be the case, then it would be safe to assume that this scenario could apply to other classes of items (common, green, epic)

Now I could be wrong, but this is just a theory.
    Yep, here is a link to that developer's post. I am not quite to sure why they can't give us a straight answer on this, among many other things (eg armor, damage vs bonus damage, etc). Anyways, may not be as straight forward as rerolling to the next higher rarity of an item (eg from purple to pink). Alas, the mystery still continues...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=drgrimmy+luck

Quote Originally Posted by Lojack View Post
    "My impression of the luck elixir that if you were to get an item, say a purple (epic) item, it would have a chance to re-roll and bump your item to the next level of rarity, (legendary in this case)."

You are re-rolling from one loot table to another loot table. Loot tables can contain from 1 to however many items the designer assigns to it. So, for example, if you are in the lowest loot table (with its list of items) and get a re-roll on a common, it's entirely possible that the next higher loot table (with its own list of items) also contains some commons that you have a chance at rolling to, as I understand it. Mostly, you'll get a better item but sometimes not.

Hope this helps.
    Lol, my favorite part: "mostly you'll get a better item but sometimes not." LMAO
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 08-11-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

WoWp!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Never got a common item when rerolls.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Linkincena For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Pardon my ignorance Defamed, but how did you determine the distribution of the pie in charts 2 and 3?
    The Forum here is more FUN!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniack View Post
    So reroll on original copper chest would be lets say silver, on silver would be gold .. Reroll on golden chest would be crate? My question was based on probability of getting eggs, or to put it that way, reroll on which original drop would result in me getting an egg?
    Reroll on copper = reroll on a 'common' rarity item.. You may get any rare item as its considered as 'higher' valued loot by the system. If you talk about eggs they fall under 'Legendary' category, your original drop most probably has to be an 'epic' item.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Nice guide!
    So, basically, each boss has a selected amount of loot and each time u reroll u get a higher item?
    That is actually kind of correct, as you see ALL bosses are able to drop Chests, Crates. When it comes to gear or eggs, only selected bosses drop those specific eggs or gear pieces. For example, you don't see Bloodhammer dropping a malison egg XD. Firesquid is dropped only by the boss at Elite Palm Rock Island.

So what I believe is, All bosses have access to drop chests and crates (even here, they have Elite vs Normal chests depending on the boss type and location since there are Banded, Warchests, etc) but specific gear is accessible only to a specific boss. It gets interesting, I have farmed Elite Bael II many times, he either drops Elite Golden Warchest or a Legendary gear. That shows he doesn't have access to crates (Didn't drop a crate when i farmed him 30-40 times when he was just released, i was on reroll). Gotta love STS devs XD

Quote Originally Posted by IronMonkey View Post
    Pardon my ignorance Defamed, but how did you determine the distribution of the pie in charts 2 and 3?
    It's just an example, read my Disclaimer in the original post. Those values may be close to real or way off, its just to give players an idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

knew all of this except the fact that you can reroll and get a downgrade or something of the same rarity.

really well played

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Ahhh get it now. Tnx alot for taking your time to answer all of my annoying questions.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

another question sir. I know that chests has its own item lvl for each type... (except for elite chests)... but for crates, do the lvl of the character affects the lvl of the items that it gets? I mean, can a lvl 1 character to get lv 31 legendary items when opening crates? or the item lvl will maxxed to the lvl of the character who opened the crates...

sorry for my noobiness, I'm just thinking to get the first extra 50% plats

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baddiva View Post
    another question sir. I know that chests has its own item lvl for each type... (except for elite chests)... but for crates, do the lvl of the character affects the lvl of the items that it gets? I mean, can a lvl 1 character to get lv 31 legendary items when opening crates? or the item lvl will maxxed to the lvl of the character who opened the crates...

sorry for my noobiness, I'm just thinking to get the first extra 50% plats

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    If you are a lvl 5 and open crates, the Legendary gear that you get will be your level that is lvl 5. If you score a mythic helm, it will be lvl 26. Mythic armors lvl 31.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Defamed View Post
    If you are a lvl 5 and open crates, the Legendary gear that you get will be your level that is lvl 5. If you score a mythic helm, it will be lvl 26. Mythic armors lvl 31.
    and what about arcane? is that possible as lvl 5?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jabu69 View Post
    and what about arcane? is that possible as lvl 5?
    Yes, totally possible to score arcane weapons or eggs at low level too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

You might also add that no matter what level you are when you open crates you'll get the same chance as everyone else. The level of the player does not matter. Before, I thought that lower levels have a greater chance because the number of items/gears FOR lower levels are few as compared to higher leveled player. Guess I was wrong.
    The Forum here is more FUN!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Thank you very much for this!
    I'm pretty sure you got most percentages pretty bang on.