Thread: Numerous Enchantress Questions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Numerous Enchantress Questions

1.Drain Life - Just in general how does this work, is it a single target move or a buff that lasts over time? Also, if it is timed, how long does it last for?

2.I know that fire storm combos with ice storm, however does lightning combo with ice storm? Also, how much more damage does a "combo" add. If lightning does not combo with ice, does that mean if I were to only choose one of the area spells, fire storm > lightning?

3.When I freeze a creature, if my friend or I is using a bow, will that person be unfrozen from the arrow hit?

Thanks!
    The two words that show off ones truly horrific values - Epic and Fail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

also curious about combos, any combos really.
    how much more damage together than sequentially

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demarrer View Post
    1.Drain Life - Just in general how does this work, is it a single target move or a buff that lasts over time? Also, if it is timed, how long does it last for?
    Drain Life does a bunch of damage to one target and gives you HP in return. The effect is instant, not a buff, and not delayed. Basically, it's a combo attack/heal spell.

Best. Spell. Ever. Max out Drain Life. You won't regret it....

2.I know that fire storm combos with ice storm, however does lightning combo with ice storm? Also, how much more damage does a "combo" add. If lightning does not combo with ice, does that mean if I were to only choose one of the area spells, fire storm > lightning?
    Lightning does not combo with Ice, but I think it combos with archers' Thorns. Get a friendly archer to help you test.

Here's my favorite mega-nuke sequence:
    1. Lightning
    2. Ice Storm
    3. Fire Storm (HOT FLASH!)
    4. Drain Life on any mobs still standing
    5. Start over again at Step 1

Lightning comes first, because it doesn't send the mobs flying. So they all stay in a nice, compact group for the next two spells....

I don't know exactly how much additional damage the combos inflict. In my experience, every mob near me (except for bosses) will usually be dead -- or close to dead -- after suffering all of my AoE spells. That's good enough for me.

3.When I freeze a creature, if my friend or I is using a bow, will that person be unfrozen from the arrow hit?
    Fire melts ice. Arrows don't, unless they're fiery arrows.
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyJim View Post
    Drain Life does a bunch of damage to one target and gives you HP in return. The effect is instant, not a buff, and not delayed. Basically, it's a combo attack/heal spell.

Best. Spell. Ever. Max out Drain Life. You won't regret it....

Lightning does not combo with Ice, but I think it combos with archers' Thorns. Get a friendly archer to help you test.

Here's my favorite mega-nuke sequence:
    1. Lightning
    2. Ice Storm
    3. Fire Storm (HOT FLASH!)
    4. Drain Life on any mobs still standing
    5. Start over again at Step 1

Lightning comes first, because it doesn't send the mobs flying. So they all stay in a nice, compact group for the next two spells....

I don't know exactly how much additional damage the combos inflict. In my experience, every mob near me (except for bosses) will usually be dead -- or close to dead -- after suffering all of my AoE spells. That's good enough for me.

Fire melts ice. Arrows don't, unless they're fiery arrows.
    *High Five*

Thank You Sir.
    Last edited by Demarrer; 04-30-2010 at 09:38 AM.
    The two words that show off ones truly horrific values - Epic and Fail.