Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spawning allowed in PvP...

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drain View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with Sam, there's nothing against tos being violated by spawning so until spawning counter measures are put in suck it up.

Sent with love. <3
    So you enjoy those free kills, huh?

And if STS didn't see an issue with it, or think it DID ruin a player's experience, then why was a spawn-free zone implemented in the other Legends titles? Your argument is invalid.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Spawning's stupidddd...

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I don't know why spawning is an issue...its been around for awhile as myst said, and if you don't want to be spawned, just leave, find those players later, and farm them!
    O Hai Der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

If nobody joined their game the spawners would have nobody to spawn and will be forced to join other PvP games where you can definitely exctract your revenge on them. It is nobodies fault that you choose to keep respawning in a situation you know you will probably die in. It is always so easy to point the finger of blame but in reality it is your own fault. And if you cannot sacrifice the 1 death it takes to know if its a spawning game and leave and take your interest elsewhere. And I'm going to leave it at that.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 08-16-2013 at 01:36 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to grenadiers For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grenadiers View Post
    If nobody joined their game the spawners would have nobody to spawn and will be forced to join other PvP games where you can definitely exctract your revenge on them. It is nobodies fault that you choose to keep respawning in a situation you know you will probably die in. It is always so easy to point the finger of blame but in reality it is your own fault. And if you cannot sacrifice the 1 death it takes to know if its a spawning game and leave without getting butthurt then you do not belong in PvP and you should point your interest elsewhere. And I'm going to leave it at that. Have a good day cry babies.
    Let's put this in a realistic situation.
    So basically what you seem to be saying is this?

If nobody chose to remain in school after getting bullied, then the bullies would have nobody to harass and will be forced to join other schools where you can definitely exctract your revenge on them or they would simply stop bullying people. It is nobodies fault that you choose to keep going to a school you will probably get made fun at. It is always so easy to point the finger of blame but in reality it is your own fault for getting bullied. And if you cannot sacrifice leaving the one school you go to and leave without getting butthurt then you do not belong in life and you should point your interest elsewhere. And I'm going to leave it at that. Have a good day cry babies.

Let's read what I changed above.
    It looks as if your statement is quite invalid. A) Spawning is quite morally wrong, just like bullying and is in a similar form of harassment. Bullying isn't stated directly as a legal law that is punishable, but harassment/racial discrimination, and prejudice definitely is. Same goes for spawning- no direct statement in ToS that says "oh u can't spawn" but there is a big part that says do not ruin player experience or harass others.
    B) And no, just like there is always a person to be spawned, there is always someone to be bullied. Your argument is unrealistically invalid.
    C) You seem to say that getting butthurt about something bad is your own fault.
    "Oh my gosh, someone just bullied me, it's my own fault for crying, I should learn to live with it?"

Of course the situation i present here is a bit too exaggerated but you get the point.
    what youre saying is that you support something morally wrong, but not legally punishable and blame those who oppose it, calling them crybabies.
    and you also acknowledge this "morally wrong "spawning"" to continue.

it seems like you do not consider both sides of argument and that makes you seem immature.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrall Wire For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

If nobody joined their game the spawners would have nobody to spawn and will be forced to join other PvP games where you can definitely exctract your revenge on them. It is nobodies fault that you choose to keep respawning in a situation you know you will probably die in. It is always so easy to point the finger of blame but in reality it is your own fault. And if you cannot sacrifice the 1 death it takes to know if its a spawning game and leave without getting butthurt then you do not belong in PvP and you should point your interest elsewhere. And I'm going to leave it at that. Have a good day cry babies.
    So I am a "cry baby" for stating the stupidity and reasoning as to why this should be a bannable offense? Might need to choose your words more wisely. You just lost some of my respect. And I don't see anyone here who is "butthurt" nor do I see anyone who is not aware of how it all works. However, what you, and others, still fail to realize is the small number of the PvP community use the forums. Education is HUGE in this issue.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

3 mages : 2 lvl35 + a lvl30, all with rev.

All three standing in spawn in a lvl30 game.

They farmed for 20 minutes all players coming, calling them noob.

Whenever someone was killing them, they booted him for easier kills.

Is that normal? Awesome game play in ctf right now.. All PvP lvl30 to 45 is trash.
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    So I am a "cry baby" for stating the stupidity and reasoning as to why this should be a bannable offense? Might need to choose your words more wisely. You just lost some of my respect. And I don't see anyone here who is "butthurt" nor do I see anyone who is not aware of how it all works. However, what you, and others, still fail to realize is the small number of the PvP community use the forums. Education is HUGE in this issue.
    but sir, what exactly CAN we do
    i mean even the devs have now turned to the dark side and basically promote spawning
    remember when sam said rushing was allowed with an official quote? well not shortly after dat ppl were rushing all noobs in games and spamming their quick chat button which said: ' "rushing is allowed. if you don't like it join another game" - by Samhayne '
    well onli yesterday i entered a endgame ctf rockwall fort and some nub birds were spawning and guess what they were spamming?
    "Spawning is a part of pvp. Learn to live with it" -Samhayne

this is not gud! if the devs have turned to the dark side there is really nothing we can do as they have the powerr...

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #69
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

As a reminder of the forum rules

1. Please Respect Others.
    The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debating the opinion is appropriate, however criticism against the originator of the opinion is not allowed. Disrespect can be construed as flaming, trolling, harassing, profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Still no devs have replied to the OP but 2 have responded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

If nobody joined their game the spawners would have nobody to spawn and will be forced to join other PvP games where you can definitely exctract your revenge on them. It is nobodies fault that you choose to keep respawning in a situation you know you will probably die in. It is always so easy to point the finger of blame but in reality it is your own fault. And if you cannot sacrifice the 1 death it takes to know if its a spawning game and leave and take your interest elsewhere. And I'm going to leave it at that.
    Last edited by Samhayne; Today at 11:36 AM.
    Must be nice to know someone who shares your views has got your back and will edit your posts.
    Being Hunted for doing the right thing is more of an Honor and less of a Burden than some would think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrall Wire:1226769
    Let's put this in a realistic situation.
    So basically what you seem to be saying is this?

If nobody chose to remain in school after getting bullied, then the bullies would have nobody to harass and will be forced to join other schools where you can definitely exctract your revenge on them or they would simply stop bullying people. It is nobodies fault that you choose to keep going to a school you will probably get made fun at. It is always so easy to point the finger of blame but in reality it is your own fault for getting bullied. And if you cannot sacrifice leaving the one school you go to and leave without getting butthurt then you do not belong in life and you should point your interest elsewhere. And I'm going to leave it at that. Have a good day cry babies.

Let's read what I changed above.
    It looks as if your statement is quite invalid. A) Spawning is quite morally wrong, just like bullying and is in a similar form of harassment. Bullying isn't stated directly as a legal law that is punishable, but harassment/racial discrimination, and prejudice definitely is. Same goes for spawning- no direct statement in ToS that says "oh u can't spawn" but there is a big part that says do not ruin player experience or harass others.
    B) And no, just like there is always a person to be spawned, there is always someone to be bullied. Your argument is unrealistically invalid.
    C) You seem to say that getting butthurt about something bad is your own fault.
    "Oh my gosh, someone just bullied me, it's my own fault for crying, I should learn to live with it?"

Of course the situation i present here is a bit too exaggerated but you get the point.
    what youre saying is that you support something morally wrong, but not legally punishable and blame those who oppose it, calling them crybabies.
    and you also acknowledge this "morally wrong "spawning"" to continue.

it seems like you do not consider both sides of argument and that makes you seem immature.
    I do not support spawning and I never will. But what I do not support is the numerous threads complaining about it. And for your highly exaggerated comparison. You too are being unrealistic. It is way more simple to just switch to a different game then a different school. And if you have a problem with getting bullied you can easily go to a school administrator and have them do something about it. And I'm truly sorry you misunderstood what I was trying to say. No it is not your fault that you get bullied but it most certainly is your fault if you do not do something about it. And for crimsontider your respect for me doesn't truly concern me. And i would suggest looking a little harder if you do not see it. The devs have given their opinion on the matter and from what i have learned living in america is that whatever the higher authority says goes. I play this game for my benefit and mine only call me selfish if you want but I do not find it my responsibility to please others. And what I said was not meant to offend anybody.
    Last edited by grenadiers; 08-16-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I do not support spawning and I never will. But what I do not support is the numerous threads complaining about it. And for your highly exaggerated comparison. You too are being unrealistic. It is way more simple to just switch to a different game then a different school. And if you have a problem with getting bullied you can easily go to a school administrator and have them do something about it. And I'm truly sorry you misunderstood what I was trying to say. No it is not your fault that you get bullied but it most certainly is your fault if you do not do something about it. And for crimsontider your respect for me doesn't truly concern me. I play this game for my benefit and mine only call me selfish if you want but I do not find it my responsibility to please others. And what I said was not meant to offend anybody.
    There is a huge difference between respect and pleasing others. Is it your responsibility to please others? No. I feel the same way. However, as a responsible adult and human being, I do feel morally obligated to be respectful to all people regardless of where they come from or their views. Your "offense" did not come from your viewpoint, but from your namecalling which followed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider:1226863
    I do not support spawning and I never will. But what I do not support is the numerous threads complaining about it. And for your highly exaggerated comparison. You too are being unrealistic. It is way more simple to just switch to a different game then a different school. And if you have a problem with getting bullied you can easily go to a school administrator and have them do something about it. And I'm truly sorry you misunderstood what I was trying to say. No it is not your fault that you get bullied but it most certainly is your fault if you do not do something about it. And for crimsontider your respect for me doesn't truly concern me. I play this game for my benefit and mine only call me selfish if you want but I do not find it my responsibility to please others. And what I said was not meant to offend anybody.
    There is a huge difference between respect and pleasing others. Is it your responsibility to please others? No. I feel the same way. However, as a responsible adult and human being, I do feel morally obligated to be respectful to all people regardless of where they come from or their views. Your "offense" did not come from your viewpoint, but from your namecalling which followed.
    I can see your point. I apologize for any of the name calling that was done. It was very unethical of me and I should have gotten my point across in a more mature matter.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to grenadiers For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I can see your point. I apologize for any of the name calling that was done. It was very unethical of me and I should have gotten my point across in a more mature matter.
    Yes, well said!
    Crim and I hav nothing against ur way of living, which is what many people (and sometimes even I) live their life that way.

However, i wish to continue debating this on a higher, more vindictive scale, of pursuing goodness.
    So I shall rebuttle ur post.

You stated that if a bully was harassing a child, they could go to their school administrator
    surely their school admin would oppose the bullying right? as it is ethically immoral?

However in this case the admin happens to be a developer...one that promotes this type of immoral behaviro officially insted of opposing it.
    now what is there to do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I am glad to see you take a small step back from an untenable position. I haven't been around long enough to have read the numerous threads. This is the current thread on the subject and I don't see any reason for people who disapprove of Spawn Killing not to put voice to their views. To Paraphrase what you have stated

"It is nobodies fault that you choose to keep reading these threads about situations you are tired of hearing about. It is always so easy to point the finger of blame but in reality it is your own fault for reading them over and over again. And if you cannot glance at the topic line to know if its a spawning thread, you do not belong in Forums and you should point your interest elsewhere."

Your respect for me doesn't truly concern me. I play this game for my benefit and mine only call me selfish if you want but I do not find it my responsibility to please others. And what I said was not meant to offend anybody.
    Really? These last words of yours are pretty offensive if looked at with even a cursory glance. And I do think his viewpoint was disrespectful.

Words do mean things.
    Last edited by Whatsinaname; 08-16-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    Being Hunted for doing the right thing is more of an Honor and less of a Burden than some would think

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsinaname View Post
    Really? These last words of yours are pretty offensive if looked at with even a cursory glance.
    They're not offensive in any way.
    He is not targeting anyone. He perhaps may be a little selfish but that is perfectly fine cuz he is not insulting others or anything.
    many players do play this game for their own benefits. besides this is what the game was for, helping others was simply a self-willed choice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrall Wire:1226877
    Yes, well said!
    Crim and I hav nothing against ur way of living, which is what many people (and sometimes even I) live their life that way.

However, i wish to continue debating this on a higher, more vindictive scale, of pursuing goodness.
    So I shall rebuttle ur post.

You stated that if a bully was harassing a child, they could go to their school administrator
    surely their school admin would oppose the bullying right? as it is ethically immoral?

However in this case the admin happens to be a developer...one that promotes this type of immoral behaviro officially insted of opposing it.
    now what is there to do?
    From my personal experience there is only 2 choices in this situation. Accept their rules or leave. Just like the government having laws. You may not like them but that cannot change anything. Your only choice is to leave or learn to live with them as stated earlier. Yes I agree with everybody that it is unfair but that is just the way the world is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

From my personal experience there is only 2 choices in this situation. Accept their rules or leave. Just like the government having laws. You may not like them but that cannot change anything. Your only choice is to leave or learn to live with them as stated earlier. Yes I agree with everybody that it is unfair but that is just the way the world is.
    HUH? 2 choices only? Even at my age I'm not that cynical. Things change for the better all the time. But only when good people are willing to stand up and be counted, never when they stand by and do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrall Wire View Post
    He is not targeting anyone. He perhaps may be a little selfish but that is perfectly fine cuz he is not insulting others or anything.
    many players do play this game for their own benefits. besides this is what the game was for, helping others was simply a self-willed choice
    Looks to me like he Targeted someone very specific:

And for crimsontider your respect for me doesn't truly concern me.
    In other words "what crimsontider says doesn't count"

from what i have learned living in "America" is that whatever the higher authority says goes.
    In other words "this country is a dictatorship and Sucks"

I play this game for my benefit and mine only call me selfish if you want but I do not find it my responsibility to please others.
    In other words "it's all about me, no one else"

And what I said was not meant to offend anybody.
    In other words "I'm allowed to say anything." Whenever I hear someone say "No Offense" it screams "I don't care if it offends".

So yes, I did find it offensive in many ways.
    Last edited by Whatsinaname; 08-16-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrall Wire:1226885
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsinaname View Post
    Really? These last words of yours are pretty offensive if looked at with even a cursory glance.
    I appreciate you helping. But I do believe he was referring to my first post which suggested some people are cry babies. But even though it was not set to target a specific group of people i see how it could come across as offensive to someone.