Thread: Here's a suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Here's a suggestion

Try treating your customers better? I posted an issue, you asked me to email. I emailed and you replied with this:

"Hello,

I do apologize but we are no longer able to merge multiple registered accounts into one account due to security and exploitable reasons. We appreciate your understanding. If there is anything else I can assist you with please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Regards,

Gnosis"

I updated my thread with this reply, and you deleted my post and locked the thread. I'll assume you didn't appreciate my sarcastic "I'll no longer play and buy into your game" reply.

Clearly all your interested in, is making money and not helping. All I asked for was for my accounts to be unlinked from Facebook and Google, and the account registered to another email to be turned to guest, so I could then link it with my Google account OR even easier, just transfer the character from my email account to my Google linked account. Wasn't asking too much. But you weren't prepared to entertain anything further.

Thanks for nothing.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Technically they were just trying to prevent things like, oh, founders helms being traded across accounts. They were just trying to keep their system of merging from being exploited, as Gnosis said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yes, in PL I heard about cases where people would sell their account to another player, and then that player would have the account merged with their own account. I can't think of any other reason why someone would want to merge 2 accounts. If you are the same person, why would you start a new account instead of just making a new toon in the same account? Did you do it to save plat? If so, then that in itself is an abuse of the system. STS charges plat to make a new toon in your account for a reason. They don't appreciate you side stepping the payment by starting a new account, and then bothering their support to merge them, all in an attempt to avoid paying for something that they charge for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Gotta agree with Energi on this one, don't try to find a way around the system, it'll find it's way back.
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow! Sure glad you guys are not on a jury for a criminal case. Guilty till proven innocent for you then?

Sorry to disappoint but you've got it all wrong. Not sure why I should justify myself, but given your condemnation of me off the bat, I feel its warranted.

Problem is, I created an account when I owned an iPhone and linked my Facebook account to it. But I didn't play for long.

When I moved to another device recently I started over. However for whatever reason, when I attempted to sign in with my Facebook account it wouldn't play ball. I ended up creating an account with my Google address. I stopped playing again.

If you're keeping up, that's two accounts but only because Facebook or AL wasn't allowing me to sign in with Facebook.

Now, I purchased my current phone, a Samsung Galaxy Note II. Thought I'd give AL another shot. I started a character and then it asked me to register the account. I tried to register with my Google email address but it kicked me back saying that was already in use. And of course the same thing had happened when trying to link with Facebook.

Yes, I'm aware that it was my fault, I started a toon as a guest, which I spent money on via in game purchases. I was forced to use an alternate email address to register.

Forgive me, but I haven't played AL long enough to know about founders helms or tricks and workarounds, nor do I care for any of that. All I wanted was to have the toon I'd just spent money on, associated with my Google account so I can earn Google Play achievements etc.

If admin wished to check my accounts, they'd see neither my Facebook linked one, or my Google linked one have any characters in them. The only account which does, is the one I associated with an alternative email address.

I didn't think I was asking too much to be honest.

I've been a legitimate WoW player for nearly seven years. I don't appreciate being accused of something I'm not, but you probably don't care anyway.

I can prove I am the rightful owner of the accounts, but amin just weren't prepared to entertain any further conversation on the matter.

So there you have it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Well, I'm sure you are a legitimate player, most people are, but the thing is, lots of people recently try to pull this off, and end up ruining it for the good people like yourself and most of the community. Hope it works out for you bud. :/
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fact is, they have the means to sort this out for me, and they could if they wished, work with me over the course of a few simple emails to authenticate who I am and that those accounts are genuine and I'm not on the scam, however they simply choose not to. I'd wager they didn't even bother to look at any of my accounts.

Secondly, I posted on here for support and was asked to email. Why ask me to email if the answer was going to be a generic "no" with no further discussion.

Obviously Spacetime Studios are making a fortune and can afford to let a genuine player who was prepared to spend money on developing a character, just walk away - which is what I said I would do. A further reply from the same person was simply "OK ".

Thing is, there is incentive now for Android users to link to their Google account because of Google's Play services (leaderboards, achievements etc.). How many players on Android who are registered by other means to Arcane Legends would now rather their Google account was associated with their AL account? I can't be the only one interested in achievements. The fact that there is a blanket ban on merging accounts now, frankly, sucks. Of course it's KER-CHING for Spacetime Studios as said folk who may have spent a fortune on a character on one account, now need to create another account with the Google address for achievements and start over again with in app purchases for their toon.