Thread: Rogue advice needed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default Rogue advice needed!

This is such a dumb question, but can anyone give me advice for my lvl 31 rogue?
    Here is a description of it:

1. My dexterity seems low compared to my other friends
    Mine is like 311! Without any pets. With my granite, it rises to 335 I think. Its still pretty low compared to the average which is 360 or something like that. (Thats right I was obssesed enough to try and calculate!) My gear wasn't that bad...or was it? I used Bonechill armor set. The entire set even the weapon which is the bow. But when I looked at the armor, it was 980 without any pets. Looking at others, they have 1000+. Wow. But I still feel a little bit average.

2. Damage and DPS. My damage with a bonechill bow of potency is about 223. DPS is 283 or something like that. But why are others damages, 250-300!?? And dps? It's about 325-375!! So why is mine lower?

3. This is the good part! My str is higher than most ive seen! My str with a bonechill bow of potency is about 62 without any pets. And Health is 2200. Okay not bad!

4. My int and mana is also good. My int is usually always, regardless of what weapon I use, is higher than 100. And mana is also too regardless of what weapon is above 1000.

Okay, so I checked my passives. 5 points are in dex. 2 are in damage.
    Then I checked my stat ponits. 25 are in str with hp, and 25 are in mana and int. The rest are in dex.

My amulets are that glenipr, and full circuit of potecy or force which is lvl 30.

So what am I doing wrong?!

I can stay alive everywhere execpt elite mobs. I have over 14k pve kills. Deaths are 1.3k.

I dont understand anything now! I feel slightly weaker than my fellow rogues. T-T

So if you have any suggestions, that requires some money or platinum, I only have 30k in budgets. I have more gold but that's all I am wanting to spend. I also have 2 Plat. I do free offers as well, but not obsessively!

I didn't spend any cash on this game, since it is free. Keep that in mind.

So what advice can you give? I need help!
    Or should I just start a new account? I already made a 2nd one that is lvl 30. But it came out the same way....

Thanks for reading!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Rouge should be all dex, no points into str or int, also u might want to try to get Talon he will bring your dmg and dps up quite a bit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shallows View Post
    Rouge should be all dex, no points into str or int, also u might want to try to get Talon he will bring your dmg and dps up quite a bit
    I'm not sure about this. I have 2 rogues. 1 is damage build with pure dex and 1 is hybrid(4 str + 1dex + 1 int), 1 dex + 1 int is for critical hit points and this is DPS build with(Airm shot, Razor, Medic, Veil).

With pure dex i can not solo, always hide after warriors take a lot of money for potions, and you died so fast(or learn how to inject potions like iluvataris's video) but with 2nd build i can do that even i didn't need Warriors. you're 1 exactly tanker like warriors, a difference is you have double normal attack than them(Nothing is perfect, you have this one, you lose another)

I tested 2 this rogues and clear tomb 4 very easy with level 11(build 1st is always die, build 2nd with no death).

Medic pack is very useful which everyone told me should be ignored in PVE build. Don't auto attack, just run and slash with razor and drop veil you can slash 2,3 mobs during running and eat medic pack easily, heal all the time which very important help you continue fighting that you don't need to run out, health potions just for emergency and wait for medic skill cool down.

You think pure dex will kills mobs faster? the way to kill fast is using Razor, and you want to come between pack of mobs you must have high health and armor.

Again, if pure dex you can not solo or take a lot of gold for health portions but die so fast too.

This is experience from building my some of Rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Okay thanks. Staying alive is a lot better than dying everytime I guess. But is it possible to make all your stats evenly distributed? Like have good amounts of health, damage dps, and armor without sacrificing too much?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Okay thanks. Staying alive is a lot better than dying everytime I guess. But is it possible to make all your stats evenly distributed? Like have good amounts of health, damage dps, and armor without sacrificing too much?
    Currently, my Rogue is pure dex at level 26 with:
    health: 1546
    bonus damage: 266%
    dodge: 28.8
    critical: 27.39
    damage: 166.3
    mana: 515
    dps:299,3
    armor: 711

I always die .I tried with a low level test and change this one later because i just have 1 respec.

I think if we approach with DPS, we will not use skills for damage build. Pure dex just for bow Rogues, they stay away and shot with high damage skills.

With us is just use passive and support skills(armor passive, critical, int, dex for the rest). 5 critical is worth than dex. How many dex you will put to get 5 crit? a lots?

You can spend some points for testing and find out the best, all stats increase health pool, just take a look on dex stat, 1 point -> 1% bonus damage, continue 2,3 points we get 2% bonus damage, less dodge, less crit. So, 1% = 2 points, 2% = 3points, and 3% = 6 points bonus damage. Is it worth? i will get 2% = 3 pts than 3%, and 3 points to str (adjust base stats above, i think this is the best 3str - 3dex = 45 health/1 level, 2% bonus damage + dodge + critical)

Active: AS, SV, RZ, MEC
    Passive: 5 armor, 5 critical, 5 dex

Gears: +str, + dex + crit + damage + armor

Play when nobody you still play, wait for Warriors? No way!
    Last edited by ryantat; 08-16-2013 at 01:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

i will add my reply to this later today i just don't have the time at the moment

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eeilis View Post
    This is such a dumb question, but can anyone give me advice for my lvl 31 rogue?
    Here is a description of it:

1. My dexterity seems low compared to my other friends
    Mine is like 311! Without any pets. With my granite, it rises to 335 I think. Its still pretty low compared to the average which is 360 or something like that. (Thats right I was obssesed enough to try and calculate!) My gear wasn't that bad...or was it? I used Bonechill armor set. The entire set even the weapon which is the bow. But when I looked at the armor, it was 980 without any pets. Looking at others, they have 1000+. Wow. But I still feel a little bit average.
    This question seems twofold:
    1 – your Dex… If you’re dex built all the way – you should be on par with other 31s especially if you have 5/5 dex passive. Pets make a difference as well as the armor – which leads me to your second question in this section…
    2 – Armor… Bonechill are the trash pink armors that come from Locked Crates. They are what people pay ‘real money’ for and are typically lacking in the stats front (if not by only a few points). Currently Noble Gear is the best pink gear one can acquire followed by Champion’s gear. The ‘Of Will’ series will be the best stat wise for a rogue – look for the ones that are Dex / Int.
    2. Damage and DPS. My damage with a bonechill bow of potency is about 223. DPS is 283 or something like that. But why are others damages, 250-300!?? And dps? It's about 325-375!! So why is mine lower?
    Damage is increased through a number of factors – other gear plays a part in this too… While the Bonechill bow is a solid choice for a rogue archer it’s still a trash pink that comes from crates.
    Mountain’s Teeth of Brutality will provide similar if not the same damage as that bow and have a higher dps not to mention a better proc.
    DPS is a deceiving product of two factors -
    DPS is a good indication of how fast your toon will dispatch a single target using autoattack. The higher – the faster.
    The problem is that you’re not always attacking a single target – and most often you’re not only using the autoattack, thus having a high DPS is somewhat overrated if you rely on skills to dispatch your opponents.
    3. This is the good part! My str is higher than most ive seen! My str with a bonechill bow of potency is about 62 without any pets. And Health is 2200. Okay not bad!
    It sounds as though you have some points from leveling up placed into STR. Personally I don’t do this – but I can see how it would help with survivability. In situations (such as Oltgar Elite or Elite Bael) where I can get one hit killed – I have a second set of gear that’s STR / DEX stats – this gear is oftentimes very cheap and when I equip it all (even though I’m a full dex build) I can get close to 2700 hp. This helps me survive a red hit from Frostir in Oltgar so I don’t have to do the run of shame :P
    Otherwise this point is a good indication as to why you see other rogues with higher dexterity – you have sacrificed some points there for points here.

4. My int and mana is also good. My int is usually always, regardless of what weapon I use, is higher than 100. And mana is also too regardless of what weapon is above 1000.
    Sounds as though you’re set here – although Mana pots are cheap, and unless you PVP – consider removing the points you have allocated to INT and placing them into DEX.

Okay, so I checked my passives. 5 points are in dex. 2 are in damage.
    Then I checked my stat ponits. 25 are in str with hp, and 25 are in mana and int. The rest are in dex.
    This is also where I have my passive points.
    Having those points in STR for HP may not be as beneficial to you as you think, it all depends on your play style however. See above for my thoughts on adding points to INT for mana… unless you PVP I would consider changing it.

My amulets are that glenipr, and full circuit of potecy or force which is lvl 30.
    Gleipner is a good amulet (it’s the amulet I use for added HP)
    That’s the best ring (potency), aside from an Ensorcelled Ring of Potency for a rogue. See if you can pick up a lv 30 ensorcelled ring for a decent price. The lv 31s go for 400k plus

So what am I doing wrong?!

I can stay alive everywhere execpt elite mobs. I have over 14k pve kills. Deaths are 1.3k.
    Are you trying to solo in Elite? If so – consider hooking up with a good tank and duo – at least they will take the brunt of the hits. Elite is a place where this MMO shines and sort of requires people to work together. I only solo elite when I am testing out a new build or new pets to see how it affects my time in running – thus enabling me to make decisions on how I behave or what pets I use while in a party.

If you’re not soloing elite – then you have a problem:
    a) The tank you’re running with is having trouble holding aggro because he’s not specced correctly for elites
    b) You are not accustomed to having to spam pots so often since regular mobs don’t do near as much damage per hit

I dont understand anything now! I feel slightly weaker than my fellow rogues. T-T

So if you have any suggestions, that requires some money or platinum, I only have 30k in budgets. I have more gold but that's all I am wanting to spend. I also have 2 Plat. I do free offers as well, but not obsessively!

I didn't spend any cash on this game, since it is free. Keep that in mind.

So what advice can you give? I need help!
    Or should I just start a new account? I already made a 2nd one that is lvl 30. But it came out the same way....
    WOAH!!! Don’t make a new account lol – you can always ‘respec’ your character for 5 plat or wait until they do a ‘free respec’ weekend which they do about once every three months… You can adjust your stats then

Hope that helps!

<Elite Runners>

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alrisaia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Jack of all trades, master of ________?

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

If you run Elite often....one word....MIGHT!
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Okay, I broke down to my perfectionist side and got more platinum to respec. I have 10 plat in all. Enough to respec 2 times if needed. So what is the "best" build there is? I know there are no wrong builds it just depends on your play style, but what's the best build for damage?

Im open to anyone who has something to say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

My 2 cents if it helps.adding 25point on str and int are the immediate result for your low dex.in this case you are still vulnerable to attacks in fact better if you invest in pure dex so you can utiloze your damage payout.

Going full dex for rogue is ok since dex is the essence for rogue class.using bonechill sets you can still get a decent stats.

It relies on the gears u are using too.if you are at 31 without mhytics might wana use noble will dex version for both helm and armour.ensorc ring of potency ajd gleipinr amulet.

Put passives maxed is u can in might and knowledge.

To solo on elite maps depending much on your gameplay and skills build.u cn do it even with low hp.
    Last edited by Alfai; 08-21-2013 at 04:52 AM.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Okay, I broke down to my perfectionist side and got more platinum to respec. I have 10 plat in all. Enough to respec 2 times if needed. So what is the "best" build there is? I know there are no wrong builds it just depends on your play style, but what's the best build for damage?

Im open to anyone who has something to say.
    I have experimented with many different builds and the build that works best for me is the build I’m currently using. Most of my testing took place soloing Jarl and Forest as well as WT1.

Here is the breakdown:

All Ability Points in DEX

Passives:
    DEX 5/5
    Dex is your most valuable passive. Get it before any others – most bang for buck.
    DMG 3/5
    DMG is a flexible passive for me. This is the three points you can play with.

Skills:
    I have five.
    AS 5/5
    A rogue without Aimed Shot is not a rogue. This skill is a must ask anyone.
    SV 4/5
    I choose not to spec the Explosion
    RS 4/5
    I choose not to spec the additional bleed damage
    Traps 4/5
    I choose not to spec the Explosion
    Nox 4/5
    I choose not to spec the radius upgrade (requires charged skill to be effective)

That being said – my build is effective for me because of my play style. This build requires high damage (not DPS) with daggers to be effective... At a boss I typically swap out for my bow. I also swap out the trap skill for the nox skill at the boss unless it’s a boss that I sometimes have to kite – in which case I will swap out veil for nox and keep the traps for the dot and movement debuff for all the cronies the boss summons.

Hopefully that’s helpful – I am not going to tell you that my build is the best, but I can tell you that it’s very effective for trash mob clearing as well as boss take downs.
    Last edited by Alrisaia; 08-21-2013 at 12:09 PM.

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I agree with what everyone is saying - go full DEX.

If you allocate full DEX, you have flexibility through your gear to adjust based on what your intent is. A full DEX lv31 Rogue can equip DEX/STR gear to improve survivability, or if DMG is the primary concern, equip DEX/INT gear, which sacrifices HP for maximum damage output. I have two loadouts that are set up:

MAX DAMAGE: This build gives me the highest possible DMG with the gear I have in inventory
    lv31 Bonechill Bow of Potency OR lv31 Mountain Teeth of Tactics
    lv31 Noble Mask of Will (DEX/INT)
    lv31 Noble Doublet of Will (DEX/INT)
    lv30 Cobalt Ring (DEX with 3.1 DMG)
    lv31 Swirling Amulet of Potency

BALANCED BUILD: This build sacrifices DMG for survivability
    lv31 Bonechill Bow of Potency OR lv31 Mountain Teeth of Tactics
    lv31 Noble Mask of Will (DEX/INT)
    lv31 Noble Double of Will (DEX/INT)
    lv31 Swirling Band of Will
    lv30 Gleipnr

As far as passives, I have chosen to max out Agility, Knowledge and some on Might. The reason for Agility is obvious - +25 DEX adds a lot of DMG, so it is almost essential. Knowledge provides additional HP and Mana, both of which (mana in particular) are weaknesses for the class. Might adds additional HP for elite running, so this really does help with survivability. If you are confident about your skills, I would allocate the Might points into Damage, as 5% (via 5 skill points in the Damage passive) can help when your base DMG is 280. This 5% can yield +14 DMG which, is far better than what any ring or amulet can offer. Unfortunately, this added damage comes with a price, and that is a lower HP pool, meaning you are more reliant on effective tanks to maintain aggro on elite maps.

As far as your Bow, I see no problem with it. Personally, I use bows as well, but there is the consideration that your ability to deliver AoE style damage is limited to effects from their skills, notably Nox poison, Razor or Traps. A bow Rogue is really a single target nuker, so you have to adjust your tactics to reflect this. In my build, I use Nox for AoE and basically cycle through Aimed, Nox, Pierce for maximum single target damage. Because I PvP, I chose Medic as my fourth skill, but that is useless in PvE. With Bows, soloing elite maps mean that you either get smaller pulls (3-5 mobs are ideal), or stick-and-run, letting Nox poison do the bulk of the work for large pulls. Managing a Nox Box (as some call it) is not easy and requires practice. The major drawback of this build is that while they can eliminate single targets quickly, their ability to dispense of large mobs is limited to AoE damage plus single target killing sprees. Another consideration is that this build gains almost instant aggro when they are on a crit streak, but the aggro is limited to a single target, which is fine for mobs, but can be a problem with elite bosses.

On the other hand, I have seen many effective DPS Rogues with blades. DPS Rogues do not have the same high-end damage (unless they proc with Mountain Teeth) as Bow users, but they have the benefit of AoE damage on their charged auto attacks. DPS Rogues, like bow rogues, are a tactical build that centers around maximizing their AoE damage in the form of Veil, Traps and Razor. This style of Rogue focuses on sustaining high damage across a large group of mobs, but the risk is that they have to be in melee range to maximum effectiveness. Another drawback is that this build gains mob aggro quickly so requires effort from effective Warriors to recover aggro before the Rogue takes on too much damage.

Ultimately, tactics, more than stats are the keys to success. Don't get so wrapped up in what your stats are, be more concerned with how effective you are....just my 2 cents...

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Ultimately, tactics, more than stats are the keys to success. Don't get so wrapped up in what your stats are, be more concerned with how effective you are....just my 2 cents...
    So true... oh and... I heard you just ran 3:11 SS with us Glad to have another Overpowered Noob Rogue in the guild

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

LOL - Thought we were going to break 3 minutes for a second! Not bad for the first SS run with the group :-)

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Thanks Alrisia and Good Syntax!
    I love your build Alrisaia, I finally have a use for my 1200 pots, and now im more helpful in elite.
    Thanks Syntax, I have 2 sets of gear for lots of purposes now.
    Thanks once again

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Eeilis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

1 bow rogue is funnest char ...lol. My char is dagger, I followed 2 guys(they're friends, not me), 1 bow rogue 31, 1 is sorc 31, and mine 30 come to kill Alpha. bow rogue told us kill in 2 mins
    Actually, i felt this was ok if i use potions a lot, he just ran...ran..shot until i died...he died too...lol.

Bow rogue is just kite...kite...and...dead. I really feel boring when run with 1 bow rogue even i get my warrior. Skill effects on bow is very poor, not impressive to play really

Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I don't know if this is gonna help but just in my knowledge here are my gears that I use for pvp as well as Pve
    my dmg is 309
    Level 29
    Health is 2255
    armour is 1500
    mana is 1300
    Gear and price
    Devourer bow of potency level 29 100k
    ancient Druid of potency set helm and armour 200k
    Power ring of brut level 25 100k
    swirling amulet of potency level 29 100k
    Pet dovabear 550k
    all the gear mentioned above are with grand dex gems
    You can opt for more less pricey options of the stuff above

Hope it helps !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Preyas Pradeep View Post
    Hi I don't know if this is gonna help but just in my knowledge here are my gears that I use for pvp as well as Pve
    my dmg is 309
    Level 29
    Health is 2255
    armour is 1500
    mana is 1300
    Gear and price
    Devourer bow of potency level 29 100k
    ancient Druid of potency set helm and armour 200k
    Power ring of brut level 25 100k
    swirling amulet of potency level 29 100k
    Pet dovabear 550k
    all the gear mentioned above are with grand dex gems
    You can opt for more less pricey options of the stuff above

Hope it helps !!!
    O_o last post on this was august 2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

My rogue is struggling at everything atm too. Full pink gear and my dmg is actually high for my level but yet i still die fast and dont kill fast enough and im always oom