Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Proposal to STG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default A Proposal to STG

Lets get basic things down:
    Crate: 15 plat to open, biggest chance of looting Mythic/arcane item in game & huge source of revenue for STG.
    Copper/silver/Golden elite Warchests (or any elite chests in future) : Free to open, Tiny chance of looting mythic/arcane item & the money it makes for STG - none (except for elixirs and plat revives/potions purchased during runs)

Problem: The elite warchests have too little of a chance to loot Mythics or arcanes. From personal experience, I've opened 60+ elite warchests, I have received NO mythics/arcanes. Thats chests worth 500k+ yet no reward. The mythics/arcanes are too rare in Warchests, this is a problem because these chests take hard work and dedication to farm as opposed to the locked crates (which give way higher chance) that are farmed every 3 mins or so.

Problem #2: There is NO way that a player can loot an Arcane egg from elite chests. Thats absurd. This would not only make the game more pay-to-win than it already is but it also creates a problem for people without platinum to ever LOOT one. Why should arcane eggs be solely in the crate loot table? Thats not fair to people who farm and work hard - again, not worth opening the chests.

[Before you say: Yeah but you can buy the egg from other players for 20m or so, think. Think how hard it is to get 20m, think how easy it is to get 20m if you have $2000 worth of plat in your account, Im talking about actually looting the mythics/arcanes]

Solution: Make the chance of looting mythics/arcanes in elite warchests higher but not equal to locked crates. About 25-30% lower than locked crates. This way, STG wont lose out on money and players would be satisfied to know that they can opionally farm arcanes and not have to worry about plat shortage to open crates.

Solution #2: Make the arcane eggs lootable in elite warchests. This isnt rocket science and I am baffled how its not already lootable...I mean its common sense :/

I really want solution #2 to be implemented. Ty.
    Credits to Iady

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I only agree on the part where it's a pay-to-win game.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Heck, why 30% less? 10% would be more like it, since it costs almost double a locked crate (ATM) and is muuuuuch harder to farm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck:1227261
    Heck, why 30% less? 10% would be more like it, since it costs almost double a locked crate (ATM) and is muuuuuch harder to farm.
    I wouldnt mind what percentage as long as its not too big. I just dont want a PAY2Win game...where you cant even loot an arcane pet without plat.
    Credits to Iady

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Well since the chance of looting arcane in a crate is like 1/1000 if you take .001% and subtract 30% from it we are
    Around -29.999 or so chance. I may not be the best at math but I don't like those odds ur proposing....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Lol. I think we all know that all of STG's games are pay-to-win. They just don't think about non-plat users who make up MOST of the community.
    Lel. You Fanny.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Yeah, at the rate arcane stuff drop, making crates have as much as 30% higher odds than EGW, you're pretty much saying its impossible. Between 5-10% for select items would be nice--5% diff for arcane stuff n 10% for mythics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Interesting suggestion :3

And...it's already a pay to win game :/
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

It's not a true pay-to-win, as in paying = winning the game. Free-to-play players can still obtain all gears and most pets through in-game currency. Yes, it's a lot. But yes it's a possibility. Even vanities (which used to only be obtainable through plat) is obtainable with in-game currency now. Really what paying does, is have more convenience in obtaining items. Whether it's buying pets directly from the stable instead of farming them, or getting gear through store bundles, or getting mythics from crates instead of saving up gold for them; all paying does is allow players to obtain items faster and/or easier. An unfair advantage? Well they DID pay money. It evens out considering they used real currency while you keep your fat wallet (or thin) untouched. But again, no one wins from paying. Anyone can win. It's possible for a f2p player to be better than a p2p player. P2p just get to do less work.

Tl;dr - AL isn't really pay-to-win. Trust me, there are worse pay-to-win games out there. Ex. Paying to boost player stats. Overpowered weapons ONLY obtainable through in-game purchase with real currency. Being able to unlocked gears that are locked because of level limits using real currency.

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

There are so many things wrong with the OP's post, I don't know where to start.....

1) There is no chance of looting a mythic or arcane item in an Elite Copper or Silver Chest. There is only a chance to loot them in Elite Golden Chests. STS has been very clear on this. Sorry if you were misinformed.

2) You say you opened 500k+ worth of elite chests, yet you expect to get a mythic or arcane item that's worth 1m+??? If opening 500k worth of elite chests always produced items worth 1m+, then who in their right mind would pay 1m+ for those items when they can just buy 500k worth of chests and loot one? If 500k worth of elite chests always produced a mythic or arcane item, then the mythic items would be worth around 100-300k each because that is all people would be willing to pay for them.

3) You suggest that Elite Chests should have a slightly lower chance of getting a mythic/arcane item than Locked Crates do. Well, yes that is how it currently is, so no need for you to suggest this. This is the way it is. We do not know the exact odds because STS has not released this information, but I would say based on the prices of Elite Golden Chests and the prices of Mythic/Arcane items, I would guess on average you would have to open around 100-150 Elite Golden Chests to loot a mythic or arcane item. And you probably have to open around around 100 Locked Crates to get a mythic or arcane item. But yes, developers have already said that Locked Crates have a SLIGHTLY higher chance of looting mythic/arcane items than do Elite Golden Chests.

Mythic and Arcane items are worth millions of gold for a reason. It's because it takes MORE than that amount worth of crates/chests to loot one. Remember when you open crates/chests, the other non-mythic and non-arcane items that you get have some value as well. So that considered, if the average mythic/arcane items is wroth around 3-4m, then for those prices to hold up, it would have to take about 5-6m worth of Elite Golden Chests to loot one. Otherwise the prices of those items would drop accordingly.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

It's very simple. If you're unhappy you could either chose to quit the game or buy the mythic/arcane items for gold or buy platinums and waste toons of money to get one from the locked crate.
    For the fact no one guarantee you that you'll get a mythic/arcane items for opening 60+ warchests. As many people has told here it's all about luck. I know people who just opened 1 warchest and looted a mythic/arcane item.
    Also if the raise the loot chance to loot a mythic/arcane item they'll be less worth.

Just as you know complaining about it in the forum wont make it better. It's just something everybody has to deal with. I'm sure theres someone out there who has opened more than 100-200+ warchests and still hasnt got any mythic/arcane items. It's all about luck deal with it.
    Last edited by Buriedalive; 08-17-2013 at 01:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buriedalive View Post
    It's very simple. If you're unhappy you could either chose to quit the game or buy the mythic/arcane items for gold or buy platinums and waste toons of money to get one from the locked crate.

Just as you know complaining about it in the forum wont make it better.
    Not everyone has money to buy platinum.

If you can't 'complain' on the forums, then what's the point of having the forums to contact devs asking them for a 'compromise'?

I'm sure you've been here a couple months? So I don't think you know how the forums work yet. If you did, then you wouldn't post that.
    Lel. You Fanny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gison View Post
    Yes. There are a lot of things in this world people are not entitled to have.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Why are we even bothering to suggest. . This has been suggested so many times. ..
    STG have got brains to think what is good for them.. :/
    Sorry.. I mean no disrespect. .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:1227502
    There are so many things wrong with the OP's post, I don't know where to start.....

1) There is no chance of looting a mythic or arcane item in an Elite Copper or Silver Chest. There is only a chance to loot them in Elite Golden Chests. STS has been very clear on this. Sorry if you were misinformed.

2) You say you opened 500k+ worth of elite chests, yet you expect to get a mythic or arcane item that's worth 1m+??? If opening 500k worth of elite chests always produced items worth 1m+, then who in their right mind would pay 1m+ for those items when they can just buy 500k worth of chests and loot one? If 500k worth of elite chests always produced a mythic or arcane item, then the mythic items would be worth around 100-300k each because that is all people would be willing to pay for them.

3) You suggest that Elite Chests should have a slightly lower chance of getting a mythic/arcane item than Locked Crates do. Well, yes that is how it currently is, so no need for you to suggest this. This is the way it is. We do not know the exact odds because STS has not released this information, but I would say based on the prices of Elite Golden Chests and the prices of Mythic/Arcane items, I would guess on average you would have to open around 100-150 Elite Golden Chests to loot a mythic or arcane item. And you probably have to open around around 100 Locked Crates to get a mythic or arcane item. But yes, developers have already said that Locked Crates have a SLIGHTLY higher chance of looting mythic/arcane items than do Elite Golden Chests.

Mythic and Arcane items are worth millions of gold for a reason. It's because it takes MORE than that amount worth of crates/chests to loot one. Remember when you open crates/chests, the other non-mythic and non-arcane items that you get have some value as well. So that considered, if the average mythic/arcane items is wroth around 3-4m, then for those prices to hold up, it would have to take about 5-6m worth of Elite Golden Chests to loot one. Otherwise the prices of those items would drop accordingly.

1. Yeah I knew that, therefore I opened a lot of golden warchets when they were 20-30k. Thy should give a small chance to loot them in copper and slver chests too.

2. That just proves why its not worth opening or farming for Elite chests. Youd have to open atleast 500 elite gold warchests to ever be able to loot a mythic, not everyone has time to farm 500 warchests just to loot one mythic. And people want mythic sets so non plat users would need 2000 elite gold warchests to loot 4 mythic items (mix and match to get full mythic set).
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

I wouldnt mind if any other suggestions in the OP dont get heard to.

Suggestion #2 is a priority because arcane eggs should be able to drop in elite chests
    Credits to Iady

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

Its LUCK. People could get a mythic item in ONE crate if they're really really damn lucky--its a possibility. Approximating 15 plat as 15k, it costs around 30k to open a crate at current cs prices. That's hundreds of crates for a SINGLE mythic item, if the way yyou implied works.

If its LUCK, why cant a mythic drop from a 500k EGW?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post

Suggestion #2 is a priority because arcane eggs should be able to drop in elite chests
    Yes I would like the #2 suggestion more than anything. Plat-users shouldn't be the only ones to drop them from a 15plat crate -_-
    Lel. You Fanny.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gison:1227662
    Quote Originally Posted by Buriedalive View Post

Just as you know complaining about it in the forum wont make it better.

If you can't 'complain' on the forums, then what's the point of having the forums to contact devs asking them for a 'compromise'?

I'm sure you've been here a couple months? So I don't think you know how the forums work yet. If you did, then you wouldn't post that.
    Word of wisdom? I guess you have been here for a long time thats why you dont know what sts support is.
    I also gave more than 1 alternative learn to read the whole sentence before you post bs. Kids like you are just annoying go back to kindergarden instead of starting a drama here.

You dont have knowledge about sht the only thing you post is amature posts that you think makes you look like a long time forumer.

If you have finally managed to read down here the previous post was just an advice I don't care if he lissen or not take it or leave it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gison:1227836
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post

Yes I would like the #2 suggestion more than anything. Plat-users shouldn't be the only ones to drop them from a 15plat crate -_-
    ^ another stupid comment.
    Seriously platinums user doesn't loot them so easy. It's all about luck when you open locked crates as well as elite golden warchests, which you nub haven't figure out yet. If you've been here for so long as you states, why don't you see what the devs tells you about loot drop chance from warchests & locked.

I'll inform you again the locked only has a slightly better chance to loot a mythic/arcane item but that doesn't make it as easy as it'll ensures you to get one. Just check other post here about ppl crying about no mythic/arcane items after opened 1000+ crates.