Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The PL Community as a Whole Today

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    People get frustrated because you guys use this all or nothing strategy that's ultimately self-defeating. It alienated the loyal community when it would have been so easy just to maintain a low-level of support to keep the game alive. That's certainly far easier than building out a whole new game and community, which is what you keep foisting on yourselves. You completely ignore the existing game, which makes the community back off and reduce its investment in the game, which creates lower revenue and "justifies" the lack of attention...even though it was the abrupt withdraw STS itself did that set the whole chain in motion.
    This is another type of feedback that we call a "sweeping generalization". Your recent memory has no updates, so you claim that we "never" update the games and that we have abrupt withdrawals. Here are some figures we pulled recently about how many updates we have done on our games:

PL updates (2010-04-03 - 2013-05-16) 346
    SL updates (2011-07-20 - 2013-05-20) 135
    DL updates (2012-04-11 - 2013-04-22) 67
    AL updates (2012-11-02 - 2013-05-16) 65

We have still been updating our games (we added two new classes to PL this year!), just not as frequently as you would like. And this has allowed us to stay in business. We want to stay around too guys. We're still here, and still listening. Thanks for the fantastic conversation!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    This is another type of feedback that we call a "sweeping generalization". Your recent memory has no updates, so you claim that we "never" update the games and that we have abrupt withdrawals. Here are some figures we pulled recently about how many updates we have done on our games:

We have still been updating our games (we added two new classes to PL this year!), just not as frequently as you would like. And this has allowed us to stay in business. We want to stay around too guys. We're still here, and still listening. Thanks for the fantastic conversation!
    Does pocket legends have the least amount of players of all the legends games? Or can anyone give a link to the current (active) number of players for each of the titles?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenmc View Post
    Does pocket legends have the least amount of players of all the legends games? Or can anyone give a link to the current (active) number of players for each of the titles?
    That's like asking a bank how much money they have. Don't expect any numbers.

I would say that AL is the current Kingpin, followed by PL, BD, DL and SL as last. These are only my assumptions, but I do think they are quite accurate estimates.

Thanks G for partisipating, I think the whole PL community appreciates it quite a bit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post

I would say that AL is the current Kingpin, followed by PL, BD, DL and SL as last. These are only my assumptions, but I do think they are quite accurate estimates.

Thanks G for partisipating, I think the whole PL community appreciates it quite a bit
    I'm pretty sure a Bank has to report to someone how much money they have so they can ensure proper insurance coverage and get special borrowing rates to make deals with.

Although i think your assumption of AL, PL, etc. is probably correct. The sad fact is that because PL comes behind AL, STS puts more attention to AL, making people leave PL even more and fulfilling its own doom.
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chopper For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Very nice thread, we love to communicate when opinions are presented like this. A couple of things to consider:

We built PL, it has our hearts and souls in it. Many of the NPCs are named after our family (my kids are in there too). We love this game as much, if not more than you do. It is, quite literally, our baby.

When you generalize your discontent by saying: "Everyone feel this way" it loses some impact. We get that you may feel this way, and that several people may feel this way, but there is a concept known as the "vocal minority". We hear and respect you, but you don't speak for everyone.

When you demand answers, and get an answer that you don't like, please don't be angry at us for our honesty. I told you there is no cap on PL's horizon because I don't want to lead you on. This is not disrespectful towards you. This is not a unique situation for Spacetime. Every game has its fans, and those fans want THEIR games to be expanded. But we have 10x the number of players in AL that we do in PL. And we hope to have more in our Battle games.

When you threaten to leave if we don't do something, or if we announce a new game, your feedback loses impact as well. We are a company trying to survive in an extremely unstable and challenging environment. We will continue to announce new games. We will also look for ways to continue to support the games we have out now.

All companies need to grow to survive, especially in Mobile. If we did NOT take the path we are on, than you would not have ANY of these games to play, because we would surely be out of business.

So we will continue to run these games that we all love so much, and we will continue to try and fix things you don't like and expand on the things that you do. And we will continue to bring you new things so that we can continue running the older things.

Thank you for your feedback.

Best,

- g
    Ty ur reply reminds me when Sts posted graceful thread on fb : tks for all PL supporters for helping us get title best mmo of 201...
    Wandering ... Where were all those AL playas when we was there ?
    Lady Viviane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

I appreciate your response, but it is misleading at best. Nobody denies that PL has had updates throughout its life. But quoting total number of updates is not a meaningful metric. Sure, you did tons back when it was new...there weren't any other titles to work on! Nobody here is claiming that PL was never well-supported, only that its support has dropped off drastically. So it would be more meaningful to quote recent update activity.

Now, I don't know if your count includes every single time the sever goes down for even the most minor update. If you're counting things like plat sale start and end as "updates" then it simply makes the numbers even less meaningful. Regardless, I'll do some counting over the last 12 month period. I'm pulling this from Doc's timeline thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-PL-s-Timeline

Major PL updates in last 12 months
    Aug 2012 - a series of updates to Forest Haven and tutorial system
    Sept 2012 - BSM preview and daily blessings introduced
    Oct 2012 - BSM released and level cap increased
    Nov 2012 - BSM crafting released; shift from dragon sets to rings introduced
    Dec 2012 - BSM elite weapons released; new classes added

These are all the substantial updates since 1 year ago. Each one of them materially added to PL's content and improved the experience of playing the game. Since then, there have been only superficial updates: a rehashed Easter event, several waves of vanities, and various gimmick weekends to double this or that. There hasn't been so much as a bug fix to any of the numerous reported issues players run into every day, nor whisper of any updates a la those at the end of 2012 I mentioned coming down the road. Given how long it takes to make a substantive content update, we're going to be well beyond a year since anything meaningful came out by the time it happens. It is hardly unreasonable for players to be voicing concerns at this point.

More troubling than the lack of action, though, is the lack of communication. I commend you for being one of the only ones even willing to chime in. Reports of increasingly poor customer service response time coupled with a drastic change from lots of communication to nearly none from nearly the entire staff rightly makes the community question the commitment to PL's future. Or put another way: if you were going to shutter PL, the complete lack of information and communication we've seen for most of 2013 is probably how it would start. So you really can't honestly blame people for getting nervous.

In the past, even during its quiet periods, PL always had at least a few posts from Samhayne and others, and the odd bug fix here and there dropped in. All of that stopped without comment or explanation, questions in the forums going unanswered. At least someone bothered to read and respond, albeit after a very long period of silence, so I'd like to take that as a good sign. I'll be much more convinced when responsiveness shifts back more to what we're used to seeing out of STS. We can tell when you guys are engaged, because you clearly actually care when you're truly paying attention to PL.
    Last edited by Fusionstrike; 08-19-2013 at 03:42 PM.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post

I would think that SL is in front of DL due to what Apollo said - that the incubation time was extremely short (from DL to AL), so DL was neglected very quickly.

@Fusion - good point again. What I'm thinking is that PL had so many updates in it's time (whether it's meaningful/significant or not) because we've had three years to evolve.

But look in the perspective of the different games. SL was released after PL, and the number of updates AL had is rapidly catching up to SL. (Not to mention, AL will be passing up DL very soon). This shows a different pattern in which STS is taking... completely aside of PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

@ Post from G at top of page...

G, may I ask. Of these updates.. How many of them were double _ weekends, or plat sales?

~| SL: Sheriff - Burglar - Aracnus - Twink | PL: Excruciate | DL: Aracnus - Alarm | AL: Sacred - Slug |~

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #109
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Tough to say Aracnus. I know it is not a perfect representation of what has or is going in to the games, it is just an illustration that we have done a lot for all our games, and will always have many, many things to prioritize and balance.

It is true that some things take much less time than others though, we should get a thread together about quick-hit possibilities.
    Last edited by Justg; 08-19-2013 at 06:17 PM. Reason: No slight intended :)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Tough to say Aracnus*. I know it is not a perfect representation of what has or is going in to the games, it is just an illustration that we have done a lot for all our games, and will always have many, many things to prioritize and balance.

It is true that some things take much less time than others though, we should get a thread together about quick-hit possibilities.
    It sucks when the head of STS spells my name wrong :'-(

I'm just wondering.. I mean, even the like 3 teasers, and Infested Deck were great before we got the STS-25 content in SL! But most everything after that was double _ weekends, or a plat sale, or a re-used Vanity entering the store..

~| SL: Sheriff - Burglar - Aracnus - Twink | PL: Excruciate | DL: Aracnus - Alarm | AL: Sacred - Slug |~

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #111
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aracnus View Post
    It sucks when the head of STS spells my name wrong :'-(

I'm just wondering.. I mean, even the like 3 teasers, and Infested Deck were great before we got the STS-25 content in SL! But most everything after that was double _ weekends, or a plat sale, or a re-used Vanity entering the store..
    Lol sorry... no slight intended!

Dunno about the specifics, I am sure the data is all out there if you wanna compile it!
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Lol sorry... no slight intended!

Dunno about the specifics, I am sure the data is all out there if you wanna compile it!
    You're fine, it happens all the time. I'm used to it by now

Also, I believe Doc has done the info for us. I myself am too lazy to search through it, but I'm sure he might :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks to sts for the delay of any new cap I'm able to get all level 76 elite weapons and 75 crafted sets. 66 and 71 were rushed and think. Before I was even able to start the elite quests of 71 it just up and disappeared .
    Now I'm able to farm and save gold, do research on the mage, bear, bird, fox and rhino with patience and ease.
    As I play pocket legends i don't rant and rave about updates because I enjoy playing the game in my free time and also learning.
    I have a well balanced life and a very good budget of my time.

People complain but half of them don't know anything about the game or even wants to take time to learn.
    All some people want is to see new stuff.
    I call to impatient and immature of the older members.
    I spend allot here like so many other gamers but I never or hardly complain about hacking, gaming issues, money or any other thing.
    I compliment sts for drawing a line on the cap madness and giving us a chance and time to explore the heights we can reach in the game.

Respectfully: IGN: fireboyeddy
    Guild: Cybertron

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    FIREBOYEDDY

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Eddison Sukansingh For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

That'd be a neat thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    That'd be a neat thread
    Done!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?112337-The-Solution-to-Immaturity-Building-Community-leaders&p=1231103#post1231103
    Last edited by Argyros; 08-19-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddison Sukansingh View Post
    Thanks to sts for the delay of any new cap I'm able to get all level 76 elite weapons and 75 crafted sets. 66 and 71 were rushed and think. Before I was even able to start the elite quests of 71 it just up and disappeared .
    Now I'm able to farm and save gold, do research on the mage, bear, bird, fox and rhino with patience and ease.
    As I play pocket legends i don't rant and rave about updates because I enjoy playing the game in my free time and also learning.
    I have a well balanced life and a very good budget of my time.

People complain but half of them don't know anything about the game or even wants to take time to learn.
    All some people want is to see new stuff.
    I call to impatient and immature of the older members.
    I spend allot here like so many other gamers but I never or hardly complain about hacking, gaming issues, money or any other thing.
    I compliment sts for drawing a line on the cap madness and giving us a chance and time to explore the heights we can reach in the game.

Respectfully: IGN: fireboyeddy
    Guild: Cybertron

I agree we are impatient but that is because we have been used to seeing new expansions earlier then usual.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheenivie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

And when the next cap comes, how soon will you be bored again? This game was designed to make money from IAPs, the freemium business model. Problem is, thrashers are used to reach the next level cap as quickly as possible and those individuals are then left with nothing to accomplish.

My point is, if STS updates in December 2013, will you be content waiting until June 2015 for the next level cap? Seems that may be a very real long term outlook. Answer that question for yourself and then consider how much time/energy you want to invest in convincing STS to update PL.

PL: Flawless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sadness View Post
    And when the next cap comes, how soon will you be bored again? This game was designed to make money from IAPs, the freemium business model. Problem is, thrashers are used to reach the next level cap as quickly as possible and those individuals are then left with nothing to accomplish.

My point is, if STS updates in December 2013, will you be content waiting until June 2015 for the next level cap? Seems that may be a very real long term outlook. Answer that question for yourself and then consider how much time/energy you want to invest in convincing STS to update PL.
    I would be fine with no new map updates for long periods of time, as long as things like pvp were in balance. It gives plenty of time to farm gold and items, and to cap for people who can't buy elixirs. I just hate how pvp is whoever dodges more, or who can one shot faster.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stevenmc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

By 2015 I reckon I would have all the glyph blade steel to craft my glyph set so bring on the long wait, I welcome it.lol

FIREBOYEDDY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenmc View Post
    I would be fine with no new map updates for long periods of time, as long as things like pvp were in balance. It gives plenty of time to farm gold and items, and to cap for people who can't buy elixirs. I just hate how pvp is whoever dodges more, or who can one shot faster.
    BAM! I'm sure there wouldnt be as many complaints if pvp was balanced... Look at fang it was 9months I think it was more balanced then this cap and I believe there werent as many people complaining.