Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion on Mages being overpowered.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Against rogues...what..-.- I remember all these other seasons, mages were UP. They rely on stun, DOT, and shield.
    I usually do against rogues: Fireball, Shield goes up, Lightining, life of needed. Rogues just have to shoot aimed shot before the fireball/after the 2 sec invul, and try to dodge the fb.
    Warr: I fought a warr today, took like 5 minutes... I basically kited him, fireball to Stun, spam light (:3), Shield, life...etc..

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    Rogues get dodge, crit, damage, AS, DPS, and armor. Mages get stun, damage, and a shield.
    Ur kidding me yeah?
    mages, get a curse, which can triple ur health loss in a matter of seconds. they get a shield, a stun, they seem to be able to run faster than everyone else.
    And they get high dmg. So please just stop if you cant kill a rogue in the amount of time u have a shield on. you should probably stop playing.
    Cause any good mage can do that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

and please think about nerving pets stuns its actually getting to the point where you literally cant move for 40 seconds cause everyone in the other team uses a pet that can stun and it stacks.
    Its actually ruining the game -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

1st:Without a mythic gun you have no chance against rogues or tanks in my opinion.

2nd: if you walk around searching your enemy and a rogue comes from behind: aimed shot > shadow
    Piercer > smurf dead without shield ( tested with a mage 2.8k health and rogue 260 damage)

Stop complaining about mages -.- just kill us 5 times until we can Do it once

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

I love reading this thread. ..
    Finally mages are called being Op lols...
    Makes me remember my days calling rogues OP lmao..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Don't cry about mages... It's a class of characters like warriors... If they are too strong for you, stop playong this game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juicymango View Post
    1st:Without a mythic gun you have no chance against rogues or tanks in my opinion.

2nd: if you walk around searching your enemy and a rogue comes from behind: aimed shot > shadow
    Piercer > smurf dead without shield ( tested with a mage 2.8k health and rogue 260 damage)

Stop complaining about mages -.- just kill us 5 times until we can Do it once
    1. Some mages did great without mythics too and its not really a rogues fault if youre too easy to kill or that youre not properly geared.

2. Thats a rogues secialty, ninja snipes. Again its not the rogues fault if youre unalert.

theres always more than one side to an argument, really no point of creating mage vs rogue wars...its mostly the users fault if they cant kill the other class. If i can do it, you can too
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Sorry roth I had to quote you to get my point across

@OP, pm me if you want to improve your technique against mages
    @paul, not everyone is complaining that posts in these threads like me. Im not complaining, just sharing thoughts which can be heard by developers. Thats the whole point of forums. for community bonding and giving ideas to developers to make the game better - therell always be that one person who would rant all day but the bigger picture is most important. hope you understand
    Bless... I know for what forum is... but if you guys think that STS will be influenced by few players... you are wrong...rogues had their time.... warriors have their time.. time for mages.... thats all

People should get use to it ..... speak .... nvm my 2 cents...

Roger and out.... maybe u'll get my point from the post I did...

Cya No flames

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

1. Some mages did great without mythics too and its not really a rogues fault if youre too easy to kill or that youre not properly geared.

2. Thats a rogues secialty, ninja snipes. Again its not the rogues fault if youre unalert.

theres always more than one side to an argument, really no point of creating mage vs rogue wars...its mostly the users fault if they cant kill the other class. If i can do it, you can too
    Yep, I would say that a good rogue can kill a mage and a good mage can kill a rogue. Definitely I think a mage has the easiest time killing a rogue and the hardest time killing a warrior, but overall I think things are pretty balanced as they are. I would have to add that us mages have been waiting patiently for two seasons to have a fighting chance in pvp. I don't think that rogues are particularly underpowered in pvp (in fact I find the suggestion somewhat absurd), but even so, if you feel this way I think you should approach it as a challenge. This is the approach I took in pvp as a squishy smurf. I enjoyed being the underdog in pvp as a smurf and surprising people with how effective smurf can be in pvp.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Name:  2013-08-22 00.29.03.png
Views: 365
Size:  272.9 KB

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linkincena For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post

Yep, I would say that a good rogue can kill a mage and a good mage can kill a rogue. Definitely I think a mage has the easiest time killing a rogue and the hardest time killing a warrior, but overall I think things are pretty balanced as they are. I would have to add that us mages have been waiting patiently for two seasons to have a fighting chance in pvp. I don't think that rogues are particularly underpowered in pvp (in fact I find the suggestion somewhat absurd), but even so, if you feel this way I think you should approach it as a challenge. This is the approach I took in pvp as a squishy smurf. I enjoyed being the underdog in pvp as a smurf and surprising people with how effective smurf can be in pvp.
    exactly ^^^^ I don't mind being underdog next expansion now that I think about it, like challenges
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

I know but i realized i cant kill fast enough even with shield + 2.8k health coz of my low damage then maybe its my build too coz i dont have lightning lol...wait for me till i get the runic and i will be the pro everyone will say: noo not juicy lets quit haha xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juicymango View Post
    I know but i realized i cant kill fast enough even with shield + 2.8k health coz of my low damage then maybe its my build too coz i dont have lightning lol...wait for me till i get the runic and i will be the pro everyone will say: noo not juicy lets quit haha xD
    Mythic gun is what you need
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Thats what she called runic

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Here's the situation: I'm in a battle and I use my shield, and then shield goes to cool down for 15 seconds. If during that time a rogue comes at me, it doesn't matter how alert I am or not, I am dead no matter what unless that rogue makes a number of mistakes. I have full mythic gear (all 5 gear items are mythic) and all a rogue has to do is hit me with one shot and I will die every single time. If it's a level 30 rogue with no mythic items, then it will take 2 shots sometimes -- the first shot will take 80-90% of my health.

No amount of being prepared will help with this. The rogue arrow has further range than my fireball, so I can't stun them before they kill me unless they mess up and don't shoot me soon enough. If I know they are coming and decide to run, that won't work either since they can move 5x as fast as I can. To understand the difference in speed between a mage and a rogue, imagine this..... I've had times in CTF where I was carrying the flag and a rogue attacked me in the last hallway half-way to the flag room. I turn on my shield and successfully killed the rogue. Then continued making my way towards the flag room only to have the same rogue come all the way from the spawn room and kill me before I could score the flag. A rogue can cover about 5 times the distance of a mage in the same time.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    Name:  2013-08-22 00.29.03.png
Views: 365
Size:  272.9 KB
    nice artwork..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Ty ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsebi View Post
    Bless... I know for what forum is... but if you guys think that STS will be influenced by few players... you are wrong...rogues had their time.... warriors have their time.. time for mages.... thats all

People should get use to it ..... speak .... nvm my 2 cents...

Roger and out.... maybe u'll get my point from the post I did...

Cya No flames
    Wahahaha Bless.. I suppose Your riposte gone to hell XD But give Us peace LOL... You can't understand, that now will be S O R C E R E R SORCERER sorcerer s o r c e r e r expansion? GF But lol if You think Mages are OP You are bad rogue XD (Don't riposte "if You think rogues are OP You are bad mage" <- this won't work here)

ps. That was one of the worst feedback i have... 360 dmg is almost max on sorc... If you are full myth You can do that.. GF That isnt easy...
    Last edited by Deadroth; 08-23-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Dude mages are the worst at pvp atm i would understand if you said this when the new update comes out but seriously i mean rogues are the twinks here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Here's the situation: I'm in a battle and I use my shield, and then shield goes to cool down for 15 seconds. If during that time a rogue comes at me, it doesn't matter how alert I am or not, I am dead no matter what unless that rogue makes a number of mistakes. I have full mythic gear (all 5 gear items are mythic) and all a rogue has to do is hit me with one shot and I will die every single time. If it's a level 30 rogue with no mythic items, then it will take 2 shots sometimes -- the first shot will take 80-90% of my health. Fair point, same would happen if a rogues packs fail against a mage. See, comparing classes this way wont give either party a win because this isnt DL and there are lots of builds, skill combos etc. For this situation, the best thing to do is use curse - good skill when shield is in CD.

No amount of being prepared will help with this. The rogue arrow has further range than my fireball, so I can't stun them before they kill me unless they mess up and don't shoot me soon enough. If I know they are coming and decide to run, that won't work either since they can move 5x as fast as I can. To understand the difference in speed between a mage and a rogue, imagine this..... I've had times in CTF where I was carrying the flag and a rogue attacked me in the last hallway half-way to the flag room. I turn on my shield and successfully killed the rogue. Then continued making my way towards the flag room only to have the same rogue come all the way from the spawn room and kill me before I could score the flag. A rogue can cover about 5 times the distance of a mage in the same time.
    In bold
    Credits to Iady