Thread: Need help attacking and on base defense

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Default Need help attacking and on base defense

This is my current base defense, what can do do to improve it?

Name:  Screenshot_2013-08-19-10-57-42.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  292.3 KB

Also, what's a good attacking strategy and what troops should I use?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

I had about 470 trophies before but kept getting attacked lately and losing and also failing to attack successfully so I need some tips.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Use walls to separate your dragons so the attacker is forced to use more smashers and delay time for them to attack your dragon towers. Ensure to always have multiple dragons at close range for more damage per second. Also, note that acid dragons do not attack troops at close range. They are like rangers and only attack troops from afar. You would also want to mix air and ground dragon towers as well to prevent players from spamming either bombers or crushers. Use other structures as barricades to delay time from spitters attacking your resources and dragons. You may want to upgrade your walls to level 4. At your dragon hall level, you can either protect your hall, storages or barns and mines. It is very unlikely to protect them all.

Try to upgrade your dragon hall and get more defensive structures to deter opponents from attacking you.

Players tend to attack fortresses with high resource amounts. Ensure to empty them out before you log out to mitigate the chances of being attacked.
    IGN: Bookmark (AL) & The (BD) | "Never go to excess, but let moderation be your guide." Marcus Tullius Cicero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Yep this ^. And also:
    -if ur hoards and corrals are empty when you leave , you can switch their positions with the collectors.
    -You should not use a huge wall around your whole base. Your dragons and hoards and corrals should be all covered with walls, not grouped together in one single wall.
    -don't protect dojos, lol.
    -mix ur mines and barns, don't have one side all mines or one side or barns. This way you won't lose all gold at once or all sheep when they attack from left or right and do not get 100%
    -don't really need to protect mines and barns though..
    -upgrade dragons and hall and walls
    -double walls do not work
    -upgrade tribe hall and always have troops in it. (I prefer spitters cause they can hit bombers and they can attack from range)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Hey, I remember wiping out your base. Don't change it, I like the way you have it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bookmark View Post
    Try to upgrade your dragon hall and get more defensive structures to deter opponents from attacking you.
    This is BAD advice, DO NOT upgrade your hall yet. The faster you upgrade your hall, the faster you are fighting with higher level players. That a good way to get destroyed even faster.

As others have said, use walls around your dragons, protect them so they have time to kill the attackers.

Mix up where your farms and mines are, spread them out. I hunt for resources, I love bases like yours, easy to get the resources I want. When I see ones that have them spread out, and defended, I skip because it will cost me too much to get to them. If I have to use more than 2 smashers to get the resources, I'll probably skip the base (unless there's a ton of resources).

Upgrade your walls, especially the ones around key targets. Make it harder to take out your ice and acid dragons, if you're being hit by bombers a lot then protect that one more.

Don't even think about upgrading you hall until you have maxed out walls and dragons, at the least. I upgrade EVERYTHING before I move up a hall level. It takes time, but who wants to be at the end of a game in a few days anyway.

If you're more worried about resources, put your hall outside the walls. Make it so they have to take it out in order to get resources. It will attract those looking for trophies (easy win for 5 trophies), which gives you an 8 hour guardian, and make those going after resources have to give you a 1 star (so you can't be repeatedly farmed, again 8 hour guardian).

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,079 Posts

Interesting advice guys! I learned something today.

One question though: Do troops in camps/tribe hall etc. attack enemy troops?

Is it really that wise to not protect your mines and barns? Especially for those who check into BD only 2-3 times a days?

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig:1237063
    Interesting advice guys! I learned something today.

One question though: Do troops in camps/tribe hall etc. attack enemy troops?

Is it really that wise to not protect your mines and barns? Especially for those who check into BD only 2-3 times a days?
    I don't protect my mines and barns for that exact reason, I never leave anything in them.

Hell͵ I don't even really protect my hoards and corrals because of the same reason. I never leave any resources if I can when I log off, I think there are more important things to protect then gold and sheep since I never have any.

And troops in your tribe hall will defend when attacked, troops in your camp will not.

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,079 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Technique View Post
    I don't protect my mines and barns for that exact reason, I never leave anything in them.

Hell͵ I don't even really protect my hoards and corrals because of the same reason. I never leave any resources if I can when I log off, I think there are more important things to protect then gold and sheep since I never have any.

And troops in your tribe hall will defend when attacked, troops in your camp will not.
    So for a busy guy like I am (hehe ) it's not a good idea to left mines and barns defenseless?
    Heck my Hoard has better protection than my DH so idk lol.

Aight, thanks for enlighten me!

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I protect them if I can, but to me I see it just as free/bonus resources. The main source of resources is raiding other people and taking theirs.