Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Guide: How to fight in the Arena

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    So those lamps r really getting on my nerves lately. I know my strategy by spiders and pumpkins is to fight close to them but this bug or whatever is it makes it a real struggle.

So keep some distance from lamps when fighting close to them and avoid being hit or pushed to them if possible.

I hope that someone will look into this bc wih those lamps is definetly something wrong. But it seems that everything reported abt arena gets ignored, can be just my feeling though.....
    Well you guys said arena is hard now but I feel its more easy now. Perhaps I got good connection(350 ping) so I am soloing everyboss in arena now.
    For lamps I found some bug - Maradon sometimes push me into the lamps so its instant kill bcoz I am between lamp. If I stay very close to the lamp to avoid pumpkins - many times my arrow dont hit boss, lamp acting like invisible barrier. Another benefit of this bug is - we can actually hide near lamp when we are low hp to avoid boss attack.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

any attack that pushes you can instant kill if you stick to the lamp...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bhutkeyur View Post
    Well you guys said arena is hard now but I feel its more easy now. Perhaps I got good connection(350 ping) so I am soloing everyboss in arena now.
    For lamps I found some bug - Maradon sometimes push me into the lamps so its instant kill bcoz I am between lamp. If I stay very close to the lamp to avoid pumpkins - many times my arrow dont hit boss, lamp acting like invisible barrier. Another benefit of this bug is - we can actually hide near lamp when we are low hp to avoid boss attack.
    I solo, always, since the release. And i find arena harder using only legendary gear. Im comparing it to lvl 31 cap, when i run in mixed crate gear with elite legendary. When i tried same in lvl 36 cap, it was definetly harder, i expected same difficulty, so thats why i think they scaled it so players with upgraded mythics will not have it much easier, and will not get bored, u can feel how much difference it makes to run in legendaries and mythics.
    Now with crafting and upgrading the gap between is even bigger. Its ridiculous in my opinion, others opinion can differ, but i dont think its doing any good to the game.

I heard that after upgrading update bosses were buffed to keep up with buffed players, cant confirm it, bc i didnt run arena much since that update.

I also noticed that arrows dont hit boss, like u say, when close to lamp, they hit lamps instead of boss, doesnt matter how close the boss is.

And dont know what u mean hiding between lamps, in my experience its insta kill.

Quote Originally Posted by baddiva View Post
    any attack that pushes you can instant kill if you stick to the lamp...
    This exactly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Well I dont have any single mythic gear :P
    During Nordor expansion I feared many bosses like BH+ spider even with tank. One spider bite and BH cannon = dead for me in my pink gear. Frosty red zone = dead.
    But in this expansion I just tanked frosty once with spider by using dagger. Perhaps I got lucky with dodge in that fight.

Here is screenshot of my gear: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...r-Rouge-Lvl-36

I am not old player in AL as u r so I cant really compare difficulty of arena.
    Last edited by bhutkeyur; 12-06-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Wow uzi,thats alot of hardwork!!!!!!
    Excellent guide, am actually making an end game rogue after reading ur guide!!! Thanku so much!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Raghavbatra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raghavbatra View Post
    Wow uzi,thats alot of hardwork!!!!!!
    Excellent guide, am actually making an end game rogue after reading ur guide!!! Thanku so much!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Great Guide! Now I can refer others to this Guide instead of having to explain it all the time! Woot!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaqualina For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqualina View Post
    Great Guide! Now I can refer others to this Guide instead of having to explain it all the time! Woot!
    Problem remains same - they are so lazy to explore forums Even if you give direct link to forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bhutkeyur View Post
    Problem remains same - they are so lazy to explore forums Even if you give direct link to forums.
    I'm in a guild where we teach the new players our tips on how to fight bosses and run specific maps, and I do love helping them. However there is a limit on how many times one likes to repeat themselves about such tips! This does make it easier, and there are a number of ways to do it. I've found some of the things that work for rogues, not so well with mages and warriors, especially if they solo arena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks a lot for the usefull guide

self-reflexivity and cyclicality

13. The Following User Says Thank You to downpouri For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

We, rogues, are truly blessed with homing arrows

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thank you for this nice guide!

Wonder if i should do a respec for Arena with Warrior-Ranged attack? Anyone tried?

Keep it up! Cheerio!
    Last edited by Lagavulin; 01-17-2014 at 01:48 PM.
    Xxx Ask not what your Guild can do for you! Ask what you can do for your Guild! xxX

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lagavulin For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Found one tips for glob... It is easier if everyone on a melee range with glob because:
    1. he won't use the charging attack
    2. His melee damage is weak and have low hit rate.. rogue with 40% dodge will comfortable with this
    3. You'll be able to move behind him faster while he charge his powerful paw attack
    4. Very useful in spiders/pumpkin/fog environment, because minimum movement needed

18. The Following User Says Thank You to baddiva For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqualina View Post
    Exactly why i made it! Was tiresome explaining over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagavulin View Post
    Thank you for this nice guide!

Wonder if i should do a respec for Arena with Warrior-Ranged attack? Anyone tried?

Keep it up! Cheerio!
    Cant really help u with that, but i saw a warrior using axe throw to lure Rutger succesfully....

Quote Originally Posted by baddiva View Post
    Found one tips for glob... It is easier if everyone on a melee range with glob because:
    1. he won't use the charging attack
    2. His melee damage is weak and have low hit rate.. rogue with 40% dodge will comfortable with this
    3. You'll be able to move behind him faster while he charge his powerful paw attack
    4. Very useful in spiders/pumpkin/fog environment, because minimum movement needed
    Im comfortable with bow bc my ping is not so good, and found myself die too much when fighting him close bc i didnt run away in time. And even when i was behind him i still died, its same as with Bloodhammer gainning hp even when u r behind him.

It depends on a playstyle, u need to find what suits u more, u can get tips and tricks, but u need to find out for yourself...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uzii For This Useful Post: