Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Solution to Immaturity- Building Community leaders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Great thread!!

I think it could help a lot, good players will still do the right thing no matter the reward but the ones that dont care about being rudes now will have something that could make them change.

OT: Im really proud to be part of a community that cares so much about this "baby" of us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

I'm seeing people question this thread for things that are easily fixable.

-If people quit being nice once they get the reward, the reward shall be removed.
    -People are already being nice? Well, be a pessimist for a second and look at how many people are doing stuff that is bad or morally questionable.
    -Then when a person doesn't give a build to a person it's usually because they're selfish. It doesn't even need to be the exact build, just give one that you know works well.
    -Also, someone said that there are many people who help out in Forest Haven by giving potions to new players and they don't get recognized. This idea will give them the recognition they deserve.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Roberto077 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    I'm seeing people question this thread for things that are easily fixable.

-If people quit being nice once they get the reward, the reward shall be removed.
    -People are already being nice? Well, be a pessimist for a second and look at how many people are doing stuff that is bad or morally questionable.
    -Then when a person doesn't give a build to a person it's usually because they're selfish. It doesn't even need to be the exact build, just give one that you know works well.
    -Also, someone said that there are many people who help out in Forest Haven by giving potions to new players and they don't get recognized. This idea will give them the recognition they deserve.
    Yep^^

One note one the last point, STS should not recognize everyone. Only those help out in huge ways... And also in those little things, like hanging out in fh and changing a beginners first experience with PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

You shouldn't need a reward to do these things. You shouldn't need recognition.

Imo, once you need those things it's no longer about helping ppl. It's about you and you wanting mommy and daddy to tell you good job. It's becomes a selfish act.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    169 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post

Imo, once you need those things it's no longer about helping ppl. It's about you and you wanting mommy and daddy to tell you good job. It's becomes a selfish act.
    i agree hunn

Quick! Staring contest...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Angel dear, your still not getting my point.

I'll pm you asap. <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post

"You shouldn't need a reward to do these things. You shouldn't need recognition.

Imo, once you need those things it's no longer about helping ppl. It's about you and you wanting mommy and daddy to tell you good job. It's becomes a selfish act."

Angel dear, your still not getting my point.

I'll pm you asap. <3
    I fully comprehend you original post. It is very nice that you are trying to find a solution to the decline of the PL community. I just feel differently than you. . I have seen it happen with GoA and AoA. Ppl get "rewarded" then change back to who they were. They stop helping or turn back into trash talkers etc....

You can pm all you want hun, I stand by my opinions and feelings.

You shouldn't need a reward to do these things. You shouldn't need recognition..........
    It's becomes a selfish act.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

I fully comprehend you original post. It is very nice that you are trying to find a solution to the decline of the PL community. I just feel differently than you. . I have seen it happen with GoA and AoA. Ppl get "rewarded" then change back to who they were. They stop helping or turn back into trash talkers etc....

You shouldn't need a reward to do these things. You shouldn't need recognition..........
    That's why Rob came up with a very simple solution. Those who abuse it, simply get their status revoked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Okie I won't pm it, here ya go-

I'll start by using an example. What if you really love doing something/ a sport for exapmle. Let's just say it's basketball. Then let's just say a friend gives you a really nice ball, or something... Would that encourage you to keep playing or quit?
    Same with my idea.

Your second problem about this thread refers to jealousy and selfishness, I believe.

Point is... If GoA comes around again (eventhough it would be totally changed) people WILL pretend to be and nice/helpful.
    Truth is, if STS gives it to someone like that, and we realize their selfish motives, it will be immediatly revoked.

I understood that players would disagree with my idea. I'm fine with that. But for now I still see that my suggestion will work. I don't forsee any negative effects yet. ^^

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Actually..the community was better at GoA...ppl pretending to be good is better than immature pvpers/ppl these days..

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Here's a little quote that can be related to this situation:

When someone does something nice to another person, it's polite to say "Thank you" to the person doing the good deed.
    The reward is a way of saying thanks.

Here's a little story my friend told me a while back. It wasn't on the forums so I can't get an exact quote, but here's what I remember.

A long long time ago, I joined the forums and started posting messages occasionally, but not too often. One day I came across the section labeled "Ambassadors of Blackstar Applications." It sounded interesting, so I decided to pop in and take a look at what this "blackstar" thing was all about. After reading the post, I made a brand new toon, leveled it up to level 10, and wrote an application. I knew the that I needed the game experience to help people, which I have for months considering the time the game has been out, and I would need the kindness to enhance the feeling of getting the help. Then I came across the line saying, "We're not looking for people who sit around in base and spam around 'DOES ANYONE NEED SOME HELP?' we want people who act natural in town and talk to new players so they have a good introduction to the game."

So I began to go into base and start conversations with new and old players alike, occasionally hopping in XP runs with new players and teaching them basic mechanics. Month after month waiting for that reply saying "You have been invited to a group! Would you like to join Ambassadors of Blackstar? Yes or no?" but that message never came. When I saw that the AoB program had closed, I thought it would have made me go berserk, but the feeling was not rage and anger, not happiness and sunshine, to be honest, I had no feeling. I didn't care.
    I know right here is kind of contradicting my point but stay with me

There was no point of a title. There is no point in a title. While being around great people is nice, it is never the same as being around those who you don't know. The Ambassadors program was made to get players closer to each other by introducing new people to the community of the game. The Ambassadors program was exclusive to most people, and the reason why it ended was because some of those who were in the guild stopped the introductions and went straght back to lazy rode where they would no longer say "hi" to new players, unless provoked. Instead of saying "are you new?" they would say "Dang, look at all these nubs."

I didn't see myself following these paths, so I left the guild I was in (that was made to help people) and started doing my own project of helping people at a solo cause. While a small cause is slower, "it does not matter how slow you go, as long as you never stop." -Confucius
    Rewards are a way of saying, "keep doing what you're doing!" If you do not like being told good job, then this idea is not right for you, but just remember one thing, it's always polite to say "thanks."
    Last edited by Roberto077; 08-23-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Forgot to cite Confucius

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roberto077 For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Thank you for the read, and for mentioning my post. This is really awesome seeing our community coming together like it once did.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Within every act of kindness is an act of selfishness. But within every act of kindness lies a good deed, and that's all that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Lightbulb

Most of you have read this thread - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-a-Whole-Today
    If you haven't read it yet, get off this thread and go read it.

(WhoIsThis)
    Throughout all of this, one thing that many newer players have noted is that the oldies whenever they see changes that they do not like tend to be the most vocal about them. The reason why is because we oldies - many of us dating back to 2010 feel that we have more to lose than anybody else if this game does not succeed. We've invested more time, in many cases more money, and are in it for the long haul versus newer players which are often transitory in their game choices.

I agree with this post the most. I've been playing pl since 2010 of September 9th and have payed .... A lot lets just say that.

(Mothwing)
    I don't see why people have to use harsh language and bad attitudes to prove that they are better than somebody. I mean why can't people just say "Hey, I beat you, maybe you should do this, this, and this next time to beat me."

^In pvp I agree with this post^

(OldCoot) -Maybe we should spread the word about joining the forums, it was the best learning tool when I started.

^Agree 100% with the above post^

(Rot) -The problem is, no matter what we suggest, they hardly even bother with it. Yes, they might be reading this, but I seriously doubt that any actions will be taken.

Their attitude to PL players : If you don't like the game, quit playing it and get a life.
    Their attitude to AL players : Hi sir, how can I help you? Oh, thanks for reminding us, it'll be fixed in 2 days. Remember to buy more plat!

^You get this post very quickly when email support about something important^

So with the above post's I just posted here I agree with completely.

And I hope you all agree as well

And what do I have to Say?

What I always say : Very Simple

Inside a Gingerbread House, telling fortunes
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I really like what your saying hear.
    I may have been only playing for a little more than a year but i do believe that the people in this community sould help others not for some prize but to be a good person.
    The people how only kind and helpful for their own selfish and geedy ways need to learn that they don't deserve an award or prize and they won't grow as a person.
    Maybe one day this community will be full of good people how really helps the community with no thoughts about some awards or prizes
    Last edited by lilypads; 08-31-2013 at 12:21 AM.

PL: Lilypads L.80 Fortune Telling Enhantress & Cometarise L.70 Ranger
    AL: Lilypads L.32 Rogue
    As well as a proud trainer and lover of glaceon :3

Inside a Gingerbread House, telling fortunes
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

We as humans want to see the good in people not the bad
    Last edited by lilypads; 08-31-2013 at 12:18 AM.

PL: Lilypads L.80 Fortune Telling Enhantress & Cometarise L.70 Ranger
    AL: Lilypads L.32 Rogue
    As well as a proud trainer and lover of glaceon :3

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

There are some great ideas in your post .

•Near the end of the Humania cap/STS created alot of excitement around BSM. (elite maps ect)
    •BSM arrived, most people capped within the first few months.
    •Months after new expansion, boredom sets in.
    Most of players didn't cap within first months but within the first hours lol.

My suggestion involves creating two new sub-categories, and editing an existing one.
    What if the awarded guy was in fact lying, acting in order to get the award? That would be creepy /:

However, it would be nice to make something like that.
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    (null)
    Indeed it would be creepy. ^^

That's partially why I stated that sts could revoke it at any time. If it was someone who would misuse it, that is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

What if the awarded guy was in fact lying, acting in order to get the award? That would be creepy /:

I capped 2 hours ago. Does that count?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I capped 2 hours ago. Does that count?
    Gz man! I guess I meant the majority of players cap within the first few months.